ADVERTISEMENT

******Midlands Session 3*****

Great match!
Turk, are you serious about this????

Neither wrestler's knee touched the mat in the first period...and you wonder why that 1st period TD stat sucks for Iowa this year.

Warner is talented on offense. He should never have let the extent of his offense be one great shot in the 2nd period that was waved off, 1 shot with about a second to go in the 2nd period and some get busy offense at the end of the match.

JWar vs Brunner (Purdue) - mat 3

Hawks need a win here..
SW Brunner
Anklle pick to single for Waner.. can;t finish
Shot by Brunner.. Warner sprawl, SM
oh man, nice scramble,,, no TD
Brunner TD
0-2 40 seconds to go
Brunner - leg in..
E Warner
1-2

End of 1

Someone actually thinks that in tournament Iowa has locked up that Jacob Warner decided to get pinned at that very moment to help increase the team score? Total #TTH
Don't know if anyone thinks that, but that's my guess on what he meant by "sketchy". Not sure what else it could be. There was nothing "sketchy" about the pin. A guy flat on his back that gave up, therefore it must have been something else.

Warner starts down 2nd
Brunner gets RT, Warner flat
SW JWar
getting turned

1-6

end of 2

E Brunner 1-7
TD JWar 3-7
E Brun 3-8
Brunner has 2 min RT
Warner gassed
OOB br 4-8
TD JWar 6-8

end that way.

damn.. another L for hawks

Sucks in college on the backside you sometimes have to wrestle very quickly. I have seen where my kid wrestled again while still sweating from last match.

Someone actually thinks that in tournament Iowa has locked up that Jacob Warner decided to get pinned at that very moment to help increase the team score? Total #TTH
Settle down dude. No one thinks it was a big conspiracy to squeeze extra team points out. It just looked like it”

On the contrary, I'm pretty sure it was Gable himself who said something about if a loss doesn't tear your guts out, then it has no meaning and without meaning, where is the incentive to win?

I spoke with Wardawg's coach (I am staying with that nickname until you guys tell me I can't use it anymore) and he said Warner hates to lose. I won't say anymore though about it.

Also, Papa slim's boy going for 7th place.

Did anyone from Indiana's team place? I have not seen one of their guys wrestle in quite a while.

Actually, Indiana did pretty decent considering they only sent 6 attached wrestlers.

1 Weaver, Cole Midlands 141 17.00 Wrestling Smith of CMU in the Finals
2 Skatzka, Devin Midlands 174 9.00 Wrestling Sebastian for 7th
3 Danishek, Jake Midlands 157 5.00 Lost in R12 to Rutgers other loss to Kemerer in quarterfinals
4 Pepple, Garrett Midlands 133 2.00 Lost to Gross and Thornton
5 Tunon, Davey Midlands 149 1.50 won1 match 15-2
6 Irick, Spencer Midlands 184 0.00

Reactions: Dagboi
Fortunate to have had the opportunity to watch a ton of Midlands this weekend on the laptop, can’t wait for the finals!

Iowa came to play this weekend, not just wins, but lots of bonus it seemed! I’ve actually enjoyed watching Stoll the most I think, ha! Kem has got to be my favorite on your squad though...I hope Spencer is ok, he sure is fun to watch!

Having no dog in the fight as a fan of a team not participating, I sure was entertained by some awesome wrestling this weekend and that’s mostly because of The Hawks...gotta hand it to your squad this weekend, great job!

I spoke with Wardawg's coach (I am staying with that nickname until you guys tell me I can't use it anymore) and he said Warner hates to lose. I won't say anymore though about it.

Also, Papa slim's boy going for 7th place.
I thought everyone had universally agreed his nickname was Warnerov? Or is that his real name now after training in Russia?

A bit unfair. We had Renteria Teasdale and Mejia, they all didn't work out. Contingency plan was definitely there.

We had a ton of time to recover and as of now haven’t done it. Also, when you lose three decommits that’s a problem. 1-2 was expected but not all 3. Additionally, I place the blame firmly with the HC not the #2 assistant.

Actually, Indiana did pretty decent considering they only sent 6 attached wrestlers.

1 Weaver, Cole Midlands 141 17.00 Wrestling Smith of CMU in the Finals
2 Skatzka, Devin Midlands 174 9.00 Wrestling Sebastian for 7th
3 Danishek, Jake Midlands 157 5.00 Lost in R12 to Rutgers other loss to Kemerer in quarterfinals
4 Pepple, Garrett Midlands 133 2.00 Lost to Gross and Thornton
5 Tunon, Davey Midlands 149 1.50 won1 match 15-2
6 Irick, Spencer Midlands 184 0.00
Thanks for the info. I have not seen one of there guys wrestle for a long time. Of course, I only watched matches with hawks in them for the most part.

BTN should have gone with whoever is running the camera on Mat 1 and moved them to Mat 3 for the semis. While Mat 1 cameraman continues to do his job with panning in and out and giving us an excellent view, Mat 3 cameraman set his camera in place and took his shit break. Hope he works harder and eats less for the finals.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT