ADVERTISEMENT

******Midlands Session 3*****

Damn Warner looks mentally broken after that Wilcke loss. Brunner putting it on him 8-3 in the 3rd with RT

I'm sure his focus dropped some. He looks gassed big time too. Short time after the Wilke match and he does have tank issues at times anyway. Brunner beat Wilke last year and is a big dude. Seemed to overpower Warner a bit. Jake also let him stick legs in because he probably is used to getting out anyway but in the big league you can't do that and he got turned.

We had a ton of time to recover and as of now haven’t done it. Also, when you lose three decommits that’s a problem. 1-2 was expected but not all 3. Additionally, I place the blame firmly with the HC not the #2 assistant.

This, to me, is the bigger issue. We lost too many commits. It makes me wonder about the communication/effort going on to make sure kids don't slip through our fingers.

I thought everyone had universally agreed his nickname was Warnerov? Or is that his real name now after training in Russia?
Just going for some consistency. BeastLee, Kemdawg, Bull, Wardawg, Wilkebeast, All fierce animals sounding nicknames. That is all I have and that isn't really all that good. Sorry.

We had a ton of time to recover and as of now haven’t done it. Also, when you lose three decommits that’s a problem. 1-2 was expected but not all 3. Additionally, I place the blame firmly with the HC not the #2 assistant.

Mejia does not even count, he would be zero help anyway. Renteria never materialized when Teasdale commited. Not much they could do except not go after Teasdale.

Mejia does not even count, he would be zero help anyway. Renteria never materialized when Teasdale commited. Not much they could do except not go after Teasdale.

I agree that he doesn’t. Never was coming. Never would have stuck. But the rest is nothing other than excuse making. TeaseRentGate and the aftermath is squarely on their shoulders.

This, to me, is the bigger issue. We lost too many commits. It makes me wonder about the communication/effort going on to make sure kids don't slip through our fingers.

We lost JRent when we took commit from Teas...that's not even a decommit, no way Rent was coming at that point. We kinda screwed Rent and then got screwed by Teas and that left us scrambling.

Again, Mejia was probably only committed in his own mind but was not going to get into Iowa (or Illinois apparently).

Reactions: DirkTang1
Dude. Everyones tired of your aggressively negative posts. Beat it
Ignore me if you want. Please ignore me. In fact I’d prefer it if you never give me your useless negative responses. But you won’t, you can’t, because you think you are so great that you should be the arbiter of the Internet. At least that’s what your mom told me.

Warner was done. Needs to get his tank full. That's one of the best uses of the RS.
Serious question. These guys have been in the room for months now and wrestlingcall summer. Why wouldn’t he have a gas tank now compared to Cash? Is it just extra muscle and size of guys leaning on him that takes a bit getting used to? I wouldn’t know why he wouldn’t have as much gas tank as Cash now.

We lost JRent when we took commit from Teas...that's not even a decommit, no way Rent was coming at that point. We kinda screwed Rent and then got screwed by Teas and that left us scrambling.

Again, Mejia was probably only committed in his own mind but was not going to get into Iowa (or Illinois apparently).

If the theory is they gambled and lost on Teasdale I can buy that theory. But they made a choice and it was the wrong one. It’s on them.

Looks like starting at 165.

1st place on mat 1, 3rd on mat 3, and 5th on mat 5

Bull on mat 1
Wilke in the double hole on mat 1
Stoll in the triple hole on mat 1

Young on mat 5 (as I read it)
Warner in the double hole mat 5

Reactions: abudlong
Seems odd to start at 165, seems 285 is the best pairing as far as highly ranked wrestlers. Unless I'm missing something.

I seriously wish they had a middle finger emoji for this type of stuff
fingersmiley.gif

Serious question. These guys have been in the room for months now and wrestlingcall summer. Why wouldn’t he have a gas tank now compared to Cash? Is it just extra muscle and size of guys leaning on him that takes a bit getting used to? I wouldn’t know why he wouldn’t have as much gas tank as Cash now.

Here's my serious answer then. Cash has been in the room for over two years. Warner has been in the room for less than half a year. Cash has wrestled in quite a few big D1 multi-day tournies. Warner is in his first. The last two years Cash has been wrestling a full match every time out. The last two years Warner has been ending his matches early. And to explain that last loss for Warner, it may very well the first time in many years he found himself in a situation where he had to fight off a loss and go to the backside.

Reactions: Dagboi and Huck
Seems odd to start at 165, seems 285 is the best pairing as far as highly ranked wrestlers. Unless I'm missing something.
I think it is about scoring and making sure that ASU might have a chance to close the gap - and then Iowa hits them with no ASU opposition in the lighter weights later on. I suppose it is about showmanship and keeping everyone on the edge of their seats as far as team score goes. Just my opinion

133 is a black hole. Shortsighted recruiting by Morningstar. Lost Teasdale without a contingency plan. Offered a full ride to Teske in desperation after he committed to PSU. That's not a good sign.

A bit unfair. We had Renteria Teasdale and Mejia, they all didn't work out. Contingency plan was definitely there.

Not to mention, they had 133 or 141 solved with Gross

Reactions: Dagboi
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT