ADVERTISEMENT

Penn St Match Thread

Overall, I think Iowa wrestled well, especially in a hostile environment full of morons who don't understand what they are watching and with a couple of officials who refused to call stalling on the home team.

They had no margin for error to leave HV with a W and Teske's brain fart with 30 seconds left paired with no Assad really left us in a tough spot. It was great seeing Max and Kennedy win tight matches.

Matches went 6-4 and I could be wrong, but I believe match points ended 44-41 in favor of PSU. It could have been worse, I guess.
Hostile?

Has Iowa ever gone 6 matches in a row without scoring an offensive point? That’s stunning.

You guys did pretty well tonight. At least Lee got Outstanding Wrestler Award. I'll be taking Bartlett and Facundo next go round though.

F'ing hilarious brother! That's good shit!! Back to Spencer, hope it's just a precautionary deal as his knee was a bit twisted during that cradle fall last week!!
Yeah freaking hilarious you don’t know the difference between a sleeve and a knee brace

Solid match but not real exciting. I think Kerk is just pulling an RBY. Get the TD and ride, straight arm the guy to death in neutral. Tony has to get inside and make a mess of things. Max had something figured out in the third period. Was deep in on a shot but didn't finish and shot again and scored fairly easy. Glad he didn't sit back. Damn good match. These aren't your older brother's PSU team. All of them to a man are well coached and solid in most positions, especially defensively, but not a lot of points being scored and a lot of riding vs turning. If I were Iowa, I would just start in the leg hooked on top in practice lol. This isn't on Brody or the situation at 184. Our 197 and HWY could have closed it out and didn't. ..we would have at least needed a split from one of them had Brody kept it to a dec and Assad wrestled Brooks to a dec.

Cass has zero shot to win that match up without getting in a throw situation but he can't even get close enough to touch more than his arms.
Cass will never beat Kerk again. He should at least attempt upper body. And especially tonight when a pin was needed for his team to win.

Reactions: AFHawk86 and MVPFAN
Um……….I posted their weights because I was agreeing with you. Kerk has also wrestled smarter in the recent matches.
Tony though has become completely passive. He used to shoot single legs and be agreessive. Now he does nothing offensively. Sits and handfights until Kerk shoots and takes him down.

Excuses: Stalling...Ref...Home Cooking...etc.

Facts: TDs...PSU 16 to Iowa 2

This is the story. Iowa wrestlers are very good but they aren't good enough on their feet.
Brooks getting TD after TD on a walk on back up 165 pounder pounder exaggerates that stat all to hell.

125 we got credit for no TDs but TF the guy. I'm sure Spencer could have racked up a few.

PSU got a whopping 1 TD is their 4 losses and another whole 3 counting 157, 174, 197 and 285.

Kerkvliet definitely got on that Penn State "weight lifting program" to get that noticeably bigger upper body this year. Good stuff outta Happy Valley, as always.............

Reactions: Iowabandwagon
Not the greatest match, but overall not to disappointing. Teske pushed to hard at the end and it cost us. He was spent at the end and should have known to stay out of trouble for the team, but very solid effort against a 2timer.

The Hawks should be motivated moving forward we will improve from this at most weights come tournament time. I saw a lot of homer calls, but nothing I did not expect. Not terrible without Assad going vs Brooks and Teske getting stuck.

The fact that Carl did not send out his starter at 125 is pathetic, they knew he would get pinned so they sent out a flexible backup to take a tech! Absolutely pathetic, but does not surprise me. I only hope SL sees Steen at the BIGs.

Last edited:
Nelson hasn't wrestrled star
Star deep shot and Nelson moves out
Hand fighting
I swear that Nelson just held his hand out and rubbed his fingers like somehtihg was on them (or head gear)
1:17
0-0
no dep shots yet.
Snaps and half shots.
I'm sure Nelson will get dinged soon.
colar ties
end of 1
0-0
That’s a new one.

Excuses: Stalling...Ref...Home Cooking...etc.

Facts: TDs...PSU 16 to Iowa 2

This is the story. Iowa wrestlers are very good but they aren't good enough on their feet.
Penn state had 5 matches with no TD’d, 3 others with only 1. The majority of PSU’s TD’s came against a FR wrestling up 2 weights against a national champion. Outside of 33 and 84, I could say “PSU wrestlers are very good, but they aren’t good enough on their feet”.

Penn state had 5 matches with no TD’d, 3 others with only 1. The majority of PSU’s TD’s came against a FR wrestling up 2 weights against a national champion. Outside of 33 and 84, I could say “PSU wrestlers are very good, but they aren’t good enough on their feet”.
Not good enough for what? 4 of them are national champs. If you ask me, Tom should teach his team how to be not good enough.

Not good enough for what? 4 of them are national champs. If you ask me, Tom should teach his team how to be not good enough.
Not that you are smart enough to understand what you are watching or what the great Fale is getting away with over in F*** st land!

BUT- without a starter in the line up IOWA went toe to toe with the best team $$$$ could buy! Why don't you check the recruiting rankings again?

Add that for some reason they are allowed to ride parallel on an ankle for days on end without trying to do anything. Which is a STALL by rule, and you can see why NO ONE is impressed at all!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT