ADVERTISEMENT

$1 Million Gift to U. of Pennsylvania Wrestling Program

Good for Penn! They like Reina over there. I went to Penn for a year. West Philly was not to kind to me. I got three,count em,two cars stolen ,and a third broken into while in Philly. All in a seven month period.

Meh...mere chump change for PSU.

I think Penn was the one who tried to get JB out there with big $$$.

Right, but the rich don't need to get any richer! I'm very happy for Penn. Its good to see another program that will battle for top recruits, and hopefully help grow the sport.

Reactions: WWDMHawkeye
Right, but the rich don't need to get any richer! I'm very happy for Penn. Its good to see another program that will battle for top recruits, and hopefully help grow the sport.

Correct me if I am wrong, however, I do NOT think that Ivy League schools give out sports scholarships. I would imagine that the money will go towards facilities or possibilities coaches salaries. That would have to be the incentive for getting "top recruits".

Reactions: artradley
Correct me if I am wrong, however, I do NOT think that Ivy League schools give out sports scholarships. I would imagine that the money will go towards facilities or possibilities coaches salaries. That would have to be the incentive for getting "top recruits".

They give aid to athletes, they just call it something different. I don't think that changes your point, though.

Reactions: pointingdogsrule
Officially, they don't give athletic scholarships. However, with tuition that high and massive need-based financial aid, my guess is that almost all the wrestlers get great financial aid packages unless their family makes big bucks:
This from Harvard:
  • Our program requires no contribution from Harvard families with annual incomes below $65,000. About 20% of our families have no parent contribution.
  • Families with incomes between $65,000 and $150,000 will contribute from 0-10% of their income, and those with incomes above $150,000 will be asked to pay proportionately more than 10%, based on their individual circumstances.

tenor.gif

Good for Penn! They like Reina over there. I went to Penn for a year. West Philly was not to kind to me. I got three,count em,two cars stolen ,and a third broken into while in Philly. All in a seven month period.

At least your mom didn’t get scared and send you to live with your auntie and uncle in Bel Air.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT