ADVERTISEMENT

#1 vs #8 in the NIT is a Dangerous Game

Mar 14, 2003
Yes we will be at home, but we will be facing a mid-major conference champion who did not get in the dance. There have been a lot of upsets in these games in recent years.

They have Trey Dickerson, but that's about it. Also, their tallest player is 6'10" and only have three guys over 6'7". I think we would handle them pretty easily

I think Iowa gets a 2-3 seed.

There are going to be some bubble teams who will take top seeds in the NIT.

I think we will be a 2 or 3 seed. I also don't think we lose at home.
I agree I'd say 2-3 seed not a 1 due to our first round loss. But a 1 seed would mean we were closer than I thought. I know we won't make the tourney but I have a huge issue of Syracuse makes the tourney we have the same resume or a bit better I just don't get it I know it's because they have so many fans.I know last year Syracuse made the final four but they shouldn't have been in last year and upsets in their bracket did help them get there. But their resume and team is worse this year than last year.
10 teams that aren't in have such a better resume. But back on topic I predict a 3 seed, but am hoping for a 2 or 3 seed no matter what though we are winning the NIT or atleast making the final four I just have a good feeling this team will bounce back.

Also I think on a side note Jobo breaks Iowa all time 3 point made for over 50 threes in a career maybe even 75.

Also Kingsbury i know hit 9 threes in a game twice and that's the record too I think he hits 10 or more 2 times in a game but atleast once and breaks that record. Most likely twice, it's so hard to do and most likely doesn't do it in conference play unless it's a bad D team.

I know a lot in a post and a lot off topic but jockich I feel is right about what he predicts from him. I'm just talking threes when he's
On his shot is nothing but net.

Just a few thoughts on and off topic go hawks!! Win the whole damn NIT!!

Last edited:
They have Trey Dickerson, but that's about it. Also, their tallest player is 6'10" and only have three guys over 6'7". I think we would handle them pretty easily
Don't WE only have 3 guys over 6'7"?? Well, I guess it is officially 4, but Pemsl pretty much plays at 6'7 as far as jumping.

Don't WE only have 3 guys over 6'7"?? Well, I guess it is officially 4, but Pemsl pretty much plays at 6'7 as far as jumping.
He does have that Zach Randolph type of leaping ability but still Zach was/is a Great player in college and the NBA. His is most likely the tearing and breaking of his leg maybe it will improve next year as he gets the muscles more strength.

Hope cook and him really work on their jump shot that would allow them to be effective together and I feel they both will have a good 12-15 footer by their junior year. See Cook hitting threes by then well as he hit a few early on this year.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT