ADVERTISEMENT

*****Iowa vs Michigan St Game Thread*****

Maybe…depends if you trade up or down? Thank goodness they didn’t dump Lisa B @ year 14

Why would Bluder be fired for being better than Fran. She had a lot better B1G conference finishes than Fran.....a 1st place, three 2nd place,s and 2 thirds. Fran gets a 1st or 2nd next year, those will be best Iowa finished in many years and probably means the team is good enough to make a Sweet16 run.

Not exactly the same even without the JMU and Ind St surprises. MSU played #9 Duke, #4 Arizona, #11 Baylor, and Butler who has been very good of late. This is the type of OOC schedule they play every single year with a few patsies mixed in. It's intentional to schedule/play top competition out of the gate. Iowa by comparison played #8 Creighton and what was an unranked albeit very underrated ISU team. Nobody else was expected to do much this year.
facts..

Showtime Recording GIF by CBS

I thought we would lose too. Hard to understand how can lose to Maryland twice and Michigan at home. Take a bow Hawkeyes! Great road win tonight!

Well to be fair Maryland & IU are honestly 2 teams with at least as much talent as Iowa who are behind us.

forced to listen to this on the radio. dolphin is terrible. never tells who is on the court. the only way you know what is happening is by listening to the crowd. reports what happens after the fact and then gets it wrong. i used to listen to all games on the radio and could visualize what was happening from the play-by-play. dolphin needs to hang it up.

I didn't think Iowa could win without Freeman on the court for more than 20 min. Our (my) whipping boys came through big time tonight. Great game by Krikke tonight. 14 boards. Also, a very solid overall game from Patrick.

How often has Iowa outrebounded Sparty in Breslin, or played a game with only 4 turnovers? Not that I can remember, and that is a few decades. Shoot 50% with those stats and you will win against almost anyone. Not sure I believe what I just watched.

I LOVE to watch the little troll lose!

forced to listen to this on the radio. dolphin is terrible. never tells who is on the court. the only way you know what is happening is by listening to the crowd. reports what happens after the fact and then gets it wrong. i used to listen to all games on the radio and could visualize what was happening from the play-by-play. dolphin needs to hang it up.
Know whatcha mean. My imagination aint what it used to be.

Reactions: NevadaHawk
WTH, Patrick actually had a great game. The hate for him in here is insane.
He had a great 1st half offensively...airball and shot blocked in 2nd half.

The hate is not hate, it is dislike of the PT which is Fran playing nepotism card and reflection on Fran. PMAC started 2 years over Kris Murray and played more than Kris Murray who was better in shooting percentage, 3pt percentage, rebounds, defense. This year he has averaged more minutes than Josh Dix who shoots better, plays better defense, and is one of the top 2 guards on the team.

If PMAC has taken it to heart to play harder and same for Krikke, the team benefits and maybe they can be better than average, which is what their record at 8 and 8 says they are for the conference.

Why would Bluder be fired for being better than Fran. She had a lot better B1G conference finishes than Fran.....a 1st place, three 2nd place,s and 2 thirds. Fran gets a 1st or 2nd next year, those will be best Iowa finished in many years and probably means the team is good enough to make a Sweet16 run.
Post SEaSoN fAIluReS

Reactions: cmhawks99

Maybe you haven’t paid attention to the Women’s team, but she won the conference in her 8th year and didn’t win it again until 2022. In short she didn’t really start dominating the Big until 2017, her 16th year and the Big 10 men’s league has been way more demanding than the women’s until recently. It’s a very apropos comparison.

People don’t like it because it goes against their narrative. You shouldn’t fire solid coaches in my mind.

Buuttttt if we hire a better coach with better results the 1st time instead of say 6 years and 2 coaches later, I’ll concede. If not it was stupid and I don’t particularly care for Fran

True, but the comparison is valid. She was crap in the NCAAS until last year. Give Fran a couple more years and I’m confident you will see success in the tournament.

I have to disagree somewhat. I had no problem following the action on the radio.

• Haha
Reactions: Hawksfor3
He had a great 1st half offensively...airball and shot blocked in 2nd half.

The hate is not hate, it is dislike of the PT which is Fran playing nepotism card and reflection on Fran. PMAC started 2 years over Kris Murray and played more than Kris Murray who was better in shooting percentage, 3pt percentage, rebounds, defense. This year he has averaged more minutes than Josh Dix who shoots better, plays better defense, and is one of the top 2 guards on the team.

If PMAC has taken it to heart to play harder and same for Krikke, the team benefits and maybe they can be better than average, which is what their record at 8 and 8 says they are for the conference.

Well a smart man who has raised kids, knows the rule. If it’s nasty and personal, it looks like hostility. At least that’s what I taught my kids. How you say things matter, you?

And I don’t like watching him play by the way…he’s all arms and legs and awkward, but you don’t see me running him up the flagpole constantly 🤷‍♂️

I didn't think Iowa could win without Freeman on the court for more than 20 min. Our (my) whipping boys came through big time tonight. Great game by Krikke tonight. 14 boards. Also, a very solid overall game from Patrick.

How often has Iowa outrebounded Sparty in Breslin, or played a game with only 4 turnovers? Not that I can remember, and that is a few decades. Shoot 50% with those stats and you will win against almost anyone. Not sure I believe what I just watched.

I LOVE to watch the little troll lose!
If PMac & Krikke can bring this type of game for the rest of the year, we will make the dance. IDK who lit their fire, but keep stoking those flames!

On Fire Viking GIF by Vinnie Camilleri

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT