ADVERTISEMENT

11/30 Update - Cybertruck Delivery Event (Link)

Do we think those are tire pressure and bad operator/driver issues?
Bad driving/angles coupled with overinflated tires. That doesn’t look like a particularly difficult course. I also wonder what level the air suspension is at, because the clearance in those videos isn’t great.

Reactions: LBoogie28
Bad driving/angles coupled with overinflated tires. That doesn’t look like a particularly difficult course. I also wonder what level the air suspension is at, because the clearance in those videos isn’t great.
Cybertruck: As an off-road vehicle, up to 16 inches (40 cm) of ground clearance is provided, with a 35 degree approach angle, and 28 degree departure angle.

Jeep Wrangler:
Ground clearance 9.7 in.
Angle of approach 41.4 degrees
Angle of departure 36.1 degrees

F150 4x4:
Ground clearance 9.4 in.
Angle of approach 24.3 degrees
Angle of departure 25.3 degrees

Wonder what 'up to 16 inches' means in practice. I would have assumed it was low for less drag, but I maybe it can settle at highway speeds?

I'm not a 4x4 guy, but it seems like the level of traction control and power you can put to individual wheels would make this thing an amazing climber. But it weighs almost as much as a Panzer I, so I guess that's bad?

2560px-SdKfz101.jpg

Yep. Would have thought they would have had their setup dialed in better, and have someone behind the wheel that knew what they were doing. Those videos are a little underwhelming as is, in terms of showing off the vehicle’s off-road “prowess.”

Reactions: mnole03
Cybertruck: As an off-road vehicle, up to 16 inches (40 cm) of ground clearance is provided, with a 35 degree approach angle, and 28 degree departure angle.

Jeep Wrangler:
Ground clearance 9.7 in.
Angle of approach 41.4 degrees
Angle of departure 36.1 degrees

F150 4x4:
Ground clearance 9.4 in.
Angle of approach 24.3 degrees
Angle of departure 25.3 degrees

Wonder what 'up to 16 inches' means in practice. I would have assumed it was low for less drag, but I maybe it can settle at highway speeds?

I'm not a 4x4 guy, but it seems like the level of traction control and power you can put to individual wheels would make this thing an amazing climber. But it weighs almost as much as a Panzer I, so I guess that's bad?

2560px-SdKfz101.jpg
The RT1 is similar weight (7,000 lbs), and is fairly capable off-road.

The RT1 is similar weight (7,000 lbs), and is fairly capable off-road.
I doubt anyone actually off-roads these things seriously.

I remember when they were testing the new Bronco at Moab, people lost their shit because it got multiple dents going up a tight sliprock trail.

I live in a place that has great rock crawling. The serious off-roaders all have shitty 20 year-old Jeeps with $50+k in aftermarket suspension/powertrain. If you’re worried about how it looks or daily driving, it’s not the right hobby.

So, 5 months LATER, the SECOND "cybertruck" was produced!!!

WooHoo!!!!

Tell us you don’t understand auto manufacturing without telling us you don’t understand auto manufacturing. Lol.😂

200+ have been made, around 7 different pre-production versions were created. This is the first production unit you knucklehead.

Problem is they're realistically years behind. I imagine tesla will come out with a mainstream truck that doesn't look like something cooked up for halo 1 in the very near future in addition to cyber truck and the ev super cab 18 wheelers they're working on.

I’d love a Tesla but yeah these trucks look stupid as hell. Give me a model Y and I’ll be on my way.

People ordered these over 2 years ago. Some will be getting one this month (allegedly). And they're still trying to figure out if it'll fit in their garage today.

• Haha
Reactions: Joes Place
People ordered these over 2 years ago. Some will be getting one this month (allegedly). And they're still trying to figure out if it'll fit in their garage today.

Seems like that news came out months ago:

Tesla revealed new measurements for its long-delayed Cybertruck in its Q2 earnings report. The polarizing truck will be less than 19 feet long and will have a bed that’s longer than six feet, which is shorter than Ford’s best-selling F-150 Lighting, which is 19.25 feet long with a 5.5-foot bed.

Seems like that news came out months ago:

Tesla revealed new measurements for its long-delayed Cybertruck in its Q2 earnings report. The polarizing truck will be less than 19 feet long and will have a bed that’s longer than six feet, which is shorter than Ford’s best-selling F-150 Lighting, which is 19.25 feet long with a 5.5-foot bed.
The new estimated measurement is 231+ inches. That’s over 19 feet, which means it can fit in a standard garage, but you’ll probably need the garage door open for entry and egress.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT