ADVERTISEMENT

11/30 Update - Cybertruck Delivery Event (Link)

I wouldn't drive that over a known podophile. That think is hideous.

86349961_original.jpg

I wonder what it would take for some to realize that it's possible to dislike Musk himself while also admiring the work that his companies are doing? Tesla is rocking it. So is SpaceX. That's got to suck for folks who view everything through political lenses.
Do people hate Elon for his politics? I always thought it was just because he's a huge douche bag.

The new estimated measurement is 231+ inches. That’s over 19 feet, which means it can fit in a standard garage, but you’ll probably need the garage door open for entry and egress.

I open the garage door to enter and exit, regardless of the size of the vehicle. Not sure how you manage to drive through the door.

Yeah not so much. As development went along they kept revising the product and improving it to become best in class and technology leading. Manufacturing this product will be expensive until they scale and fixed costs can come down.
Hopefully you caught the sarcasm. I was poking those in the eye who claimed/felt otherwise a couple of years ago. Add in the delays, price increase, and range reduction…all pretty predictable/expected. I’m sure I will see one popping up around my hood shortly.

Yeah not so much. As development went along they kept revising the product and improving it to become best in class and technology leading.

"Flat steel panels" are far from "best in class" and "industry leading".

Just about every major car maker has come out and explained that to you.

CyberTruck introduces PowerShare.

Details here:

“PowerShare on the Tesla Cybertruck is such a big deal. The Cybertruck has a 123 kWh battery.

A Tesla Powerwall battery is only 13.5 kWh.

If people who already have Tesla Solar and Powerwalls, using Cybertruck PowerShare is like adding an additional 9 Tesla Powerwalls to your house!

Also if you lost power in your home for an extended period of time, you could drive your Cybertruck to a supercharger with power, and drive back home and be good for several more days.”

CyberTruck introduces PowerShare.

Details here:

“PowerShare on the Tesla Cybertruck is such a big deal. The Cybertruck has a 123 kWh battery.

A Tesla Powerwall battery is only 13.5 kWh.

If people who already have Tesla Solar and Powerwalls, using Cybertruck PowerShare is like adding an additional 9 Tesla Powerwalls to your house!

Also if you lost power in your home for an extended period of time, you could drive your Cybertruck to a supercharger with power, and drive back home and be good for several more days.”

Meanwhile, if you lose your smartphone, you're locked out of the truck....

Elon out here helping the competition. I like Jim Farley more and more. I hope Ford survives.

FYI: Others stick w/ 12V not because of any specific "genius" of Musk (this is certainly not EE 'rocket science')

It's because control voltages for most of the industry (automotive, industrial, etc) are all based on 9-24V systems. Ergo, 99% of the parts you use in industry or in a car are available for 12V systems, not 48V.

So, Musk is doing something savvy here, in pushing others to move to that standard, so that the parts makers will start producing things for that 48V platform (which aren't as 'industry standard' as stuff for 9V-24V).

Go look up control systems parts at a major manufacturer like Honeywell if you don't believe me - I've worked with loads of this stuff in the past (pressure transducers, A/D conversion, etc); 9-24V is the range all the sensors and things work off of. It's expensive to down-convert everything, vs be able to use as-is off your 12V battery backbone.

Wonder how long before they show up in Teslaville....I mean Summerlin.

A already see around 10 Tesla's a day coming into Vegas...and that with in the first half mile of the city existing.

Hopefully you caught the sarcasm. I was poking those in the eye who claimed/felt otherwise a couple of years ago. Add in the delays, price increase, and range reduction…all pretty predictable/expected. I’m sure I will see one popping up around my hood shortly.

Some unexpected improvements though.

“Things the Cybertruck went into production with in 2023 that we didn't know about/expect during the original 2019 unveil:

• 17.44" ground clearance (16" exp)
• 4680 structural pack
• 48-volt electrical system
• Steer by wire
• Rear-wheel steering
• Pressured battery feature for driving through water (Wade Mode)
• PowerShare (charge another Tesla/power your home)
• 0-60mph in 2.6s (2.9s exp)
• Powered frunk
• 240v outlet (220 exp)
• 11,000 tow rating for dual motor (10k exp)
• Home Energy/Virtual Power Plant integration
• Range extender for RWD and AWD trims (coming soon)
• Front bumper camera with integrated washer
• Rear screen for passengers
• Katana wiper
• No door handles
• 340 mile range for Dual-Motor AWD (~300 expected)
• 350kW charging capability

Did I miss any?”

Some unexpected improvements though.

“Things the Cybertruck went into production with in 2023 that we didn't know about/expect during the original 2019 unveil:

• 17.44" ground clearance (16" exp)
• 4680 structural pack
• 48-volt electrical system
• Steer by wire
• Rear-wheel steering
• Pressured battery feature for driving through water (Wade Mode)
• PowerShare (charge another Tesla/power your home)
• 0-60mph in 2.6s (2.9s exp)
• Powered frunk
• 240v outlet (220 exp)
• 11,000 tow rating for dual motor (10k exp)
• Home Energy/Virtual Power Plant integration
• Range extender for RWD and AWD trims (coming soon)
• Front bumper camera with integrated washer
• Rear screen for passengers
• Katana wiper
• No door handles
• 340 mile range for Dual-Motor AWD (~300 expected)
• 350kW charging capability

Did I miss any?”
Considering it was an “unveiling,” and not remotely production ready back in 2019, it only makes sense most details weren’t designed or ironed out. What, the bespoke rubber chem of the tires didn’t make the list? Pfft.

“katana wiper”… 😂

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT