ADVERTISEMENT

11/30 Update - Cybertruck Delivery Event (Link)

R.196425752e4b2c83b05882189e7e8621
Obsessed and triggered.

What do you mean? I follow a boatload of Tesla accounts and fan accounts on X. When I see something interesting I share it. I think Teslas are the safest cars on the road and will save a lot of lives in the future. I have almost been killed 2 times when other people were driving and I was in the car. Other loved ones in my family have been killed in senseless auto accidents. Safety is super important to me. Is it common knowledge Teslas are the safest cars on the road? Maybe it is now but not everyone knows that.

Why do you care what I post anyways? Ignore me I don’t care.

Why not include a winch? With gas engines a front winch disrupts airflow which reduces cooling. It also can require a second battery.

With an electric truck that shouldn’t be a problem. Why no winch? It’s $100k truck.
Cuz then it'd be a $105k truck....

putting all the Elon political BS theatrics aside and discussing the truck

That is an ugly ass truck, and they will need to improve the design and functionality to corner the EV truck market once Chevy and Ford start producing EV trucks.
Yes and no.

Some people will buy it for the absurdity (Hummers) and that it looks different than anything else out there.
Also, Tesla has been a proven reliable product with drastically less issues than the other makers of EVs.

Reactions: peacehawk
Why not include a winch? With gas engines a front winch disrupts airflow which reduces cooling. It also can require a second battery.

With an electric truck that shouldn’t be a problem. Why no winch? It’s $100k truck.

I don’t know. They may have it as an accessory eventually. They regularly ask for customer feedback and then implement it into the products or offer as accessory.

Yep. Car swerved off the road, hit an embankment, then swerved back on the road, crosses the double yellow and into the driver side of the cybertruck. Totaled the car that caused the accident, Cybertruck appears structurally in decent shape. No badging suggests it was a pre-production model being driven by a Tesla employee.

Had to happen some time and yet again reinforces the fact that Teslas are objectively the safest cars on the road.

No knock against (or for) the cybertruck, as details on speed and angle of impact aren't detailed. Unlike the Corolla driver, let’s pump the brakes a little.

No knock against (or for) the cybertruck, as details on speed and angle of impact aren't detailed. Unlike the Corolla driver, let’s pump the brakes a little.

You know the Cybertruck has cameras right? The details are already known to authorities. It was a 17 year old who lost control of his car.

You know the Cybertruck has cameras right? The details are already known to authorities. It was a 17 year old who lost control of his car.
I do know that, but are you saying those details are known to you/me/us? I made a comment already on who was to blame. My commentary is related to the physical damages imparted from the collision(s). Try reading before jumping to (moronic) conclusions.

“I’ve been wrong on $TSLA for three years now. TSLA has been my worst performing long during this time frame: down -19% vs +32% for NDX overall.

On the positive side, I got FSD right: That it would not to get to L4 for many years after Elon predicted FSD would drive itself and so I always assumed zero value for Robotaxi in my valuation. And FSD take rates have remained in the low teens even as FSD has improved significantly as a driver assist tool. I estimate FSD currently adds $.14/share to 2024 eps assuming a 12.5% global take rate, which is likely too rich.

Where I was wrong was on sharply decelerating TSLA volume growth - TSLA volume growth has slowed despite massive price cuts and EV credits. TSLA is now looking at just +15% YoY vol growth in 2024 (vs +38% YoY in 2023) including +13% in 1Q. Where I’ve been massively wrong is not anticipating that TSLA would start a price war, which has caused TSLA 2024 and 2025 earnings power to collapse (-45% over past 12 months). This has been my greatest research mistake. I always thought the $25K “model 2” could satisfy the affordability issue in MP-1 but the $25K vehicle continues to get pushed back (now late-2025 earliest) so price cuts to drive volumes were in hindsight inevitable.”

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT