ADVERTISEMENT

174 Next Year...

ev_flores0331

Scout Team
Mar 7, 2016
I think 174 is going to be really fun to watch next year because it will be so wide open! I'm predicting BoJo to take the top spot with Nickal, Crutchmer, and Realbuto all vying for for a close second. I don't have any Hawks listed but I figure I'll get a pretty impartial opinion from you guys. What do you guys think?

If you're saying you think Nickal will control the match, I disagree. If you think Jordan has a tendency to wrestle down to the level of his competition, then I can see that happening

I just wonder if Meyer can make weight ... Isn't the rumor he struggled with weight this year?

BoJo doesn't wrestle down. His style is just boring against any guy in the top 10.

This!

I think Nickal would force action between the two...I'd take Nickal - biased I know, but with the blue and white glasses off, I think it's still Nickal!

This!

I think Nickal would force action between the two...I'd take Nickal - biased I know, but with the blue and white glasses off, I think it's still Nickal!
They should both be concerned if Isaac Jordan moves up too. That kid is SOLID in every position.

Reactions: Chuck C
Also, by my count BoJo has 5 career losses, 4 to his cousin and 1 to a Hodge winner in spite of the injuries and big weight cut. Dude is a monster on top. If healthy, I'll take him against the field at 74, which was probably one of the weakest weights last year sans 141. I love how Nickal gets after it, but I don't think that upper body stuff will fly against BoJo.

I like how Nickal just DGAF and lets it rip, but I'll take BoJo against anyone except Isaac next year
I have no idea what Isaac Jordan's plans are for next year. Just thought I'd bring up a guy that people seem to be forgetting about. He's tough as nails. (I would favor Imart in a match I guess, but Isaac can slow things down and as stated he's pretty darn solid everywhere - he won't throttle you like some of the others, but he'll be a real tough out)

If you're saying you think Nickal will control the match, I disagree. If you think Jordan has a tendency to wrestle down to the level of his competition, then I can see that happening
I am a fairly certain that when Jordan and Nickal wrestle the last thing Jordan will be doing is wrestling down any levels.

I have no idea what Isaac Jordan's plans are for next year. Just thought I'd bring up a guy that people seem to be forgetting about. He's tough as nails. (I would favor Imart in a match I guess, but Isaac can slow things down and as stated he's pretty darn solid everywhere - he won't throttle you like some of the others, but he'll be a real tough out)
Not sure what Martinez is planning on doing, but if he were to go to 65 I believe Jordan would have as much success wrestling Martinez as he did whenever he had to wrestle Dieringer. Not much.

Reactions: 1stplacehawk
Also, by my count BoJo has 5 career losses, 4 to his cousin and 1 to a Hodge winner in spite of the injuries and big weight cut. Dude is a monster on top. If healthy, I'll take him against the field at 74, which was probably one of the weakest weights last year sans 141. I love how Nickal gets after it, but I don't think that upper body stuff will fly against BoJo.
Nickal would have way to much fun for Bojo. Advantage Nickal.

I think a healthy Epperly that is 100% focused is probably the best guy at this weight, including both Bo's.

Reactions: Spoons
BoJo has been hampered by injuries these past two seasons. His fr year when he came back he wrestled with a steel plate in his shoe to protect his foot, and after NCAAs this year at the Ohio state banquet he was seen with a boot on his foot.

I think if he remains healthy next year he is the best wrestler at 174.

BoJo has been hampered by injuries these past two seasons. His fr year when he came back he wrestled with a steel plate in his shoe to protect his foot, and after NCAAs this year at the Ohio state banquet he was seen with a boot on his foot.

I think if he remains healthy next year he is the best wrestler at 174.
Agreed. Been saying this for a while

Reactions: Gobblin
I am a fairly certain that when Jordan and Nickal wrestle the last thing Jordan will be doing is wrestling down any levels.

My bad, I didn't mean that to sound disrespectful towards Nickal. The kid is clearly a championship contender, that's why I'm totally psyched for the match-up

Good info on Martin. Him and Sammy could have some epic battles. Myles is more than just a good guy talent who had an excellent tourney. That kid could be a beast IMO.

MyMar is only going to get better. Extremely talented and has a lot of areas to get better.

I'd still take Nickal against this field. Like MyMar, he is only going to get better. He was consistently the best wrestler at this weight all year long.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT