ADVERTISEMENT

#2 Iowa at #13 Wisconsin PBP

Not this year but I disagree in future years. He's a first year starter in the toughest weight in the country. PK has the talent and ability to figure it out against a lot of these guys. I think he gets Hamiti next time they go.
PK is tough, but he hasn’t shown offensive variability or the ability to finish a go-to shot against the top competitors.

This loss will be on Abe. He should be embarrassed.

You should be embarassed calling yourself a Hawk fan. Abe got caught in a throw.,,it happens in this sport in case you didn't know. We won with a surprise loss and two backups. The world ain't ending. Move on, get healthy and hopefully roll out a full lineup of starters next Friday.

That was a win for Wisconsin.
Record books says otherwise. The idea of moral victory in sports dies once you start high school varsity, let alone d 1 college athletics. Iowa athletes will not be happy, and the coaches will certainly have something to say but an ugly win is still a win.

Anyone that claims moral victory after a loss is someone that’s gotten to used to loosing.

He was favored in that match...

Franklin staying off his back in 3rd PER was HUGE.

Also, a 17-2 TF by Spencer would have meant Tony would have needed a major. Love seeing Spencer going for the pin!!! Please take notes Real, you are talented enough to score bonus points in that match!
Iowa would have lost in that scenario with a tie going to Wisky as the second criteria is number of pins.

Record books says otherwise. The idea of moral victory in sports dies once you start high school varsity, let alone d 1 college athletics. Iowa athletes will not be happy, and the coaches will certainly have something to say but an ugly win is still a win.

Anyone that claims moral victory after a loss is someone that’s gotten to used to loosing.
Uh I'm sure Wisconsin is pretty damn happy right now.

Iowa would have lost in that scenario with a tie going to Wisky as the second criteria is number of pins.
Duh, my bad. I was alluding more the point that Lee going for the pin rather than TF made the TB go our way. I got lost in my thoughts.

I'm a little shaky here right now after not breathing from 197 3rd PER on...

So? He's 5-9 and has lost via pin/ tech 4 times this season.
He's a below average D1 184lber folkstyle wrestler.

Assad had no business getting smoked by a guy like that.
Getting smoked is considerably different than getting thrown 1 time early against a really good Greco guy. It’s not like he was getting taken down multiple times, ridden like a mule and turned to get pinned. He simply got caught in the hooks by a guy that is exceptionally good in that position. And had the balls to go for broke.

Assad will learn from this and I hope they keep him low and avoiding reaching or extending if they meet again. That is the only way Dow ever beats him again.

Sorry not to join the negativity, but I thought it was an entertaining dual, with Lee alone worth the price of admission.

Other than Assad, we wrestled well even in the matches we lost.

Lee earns the "true" OW for providing a third of our team points.

Cobe gets honorable mention for refusing to believe he's not a top-8 guy.

Assad wasn't ready, didn't finish the shot he took, didn't react with urgency to the situation; he earned it and owns it.

Not this year but I disagree in future years. He's a first year starter in the toughest weight in the country. PK has the talent and ability to figure it out against a lot of these guys. I think he gets Hamiti next time they go.
I see Hamiti widening the gap. He’s a terrible matchup style wise

• Haha
Reactions: snotknockerhawk
PK is tough, but he hasn’t shown offensive variability or the ability to finish a go-to shot against the top competitors.
I'd probably agree, but I felt this was one of Kennedy's best matches in terms of aggression and better gas tank. He also neutralized most of Hamiti's offense.

Reactions: AFHawk86
Sorry not to join the negativity, but I thought it was an entertaining dual, with Lee alone worth the price of admission.

Assad wasn't ready, didn't finish the shot he took, didn't react with urgency to the situation; he earned it and owns it.
Yea. Besides Assad getting caught, wasn’t exactly anything unexpected from either team.

Otto wrestler of the match...GMAFB!!!

This has been Abe most of this season.

With our best lineup, no way. Spencer will win. Real should win. In my opinion, that's the only 2 matches we win. Can't wait to see this board after next Friday.
Punchers chance. I put the match wins over/under at 3.5

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT