ADVERTISEMENT

*** #2 Iowa vs #10 Georgia WBB Game Thread (Second Round) ***

I like how Warnock didn't get it right back to Clark despite clearly seeing she was open on that last rebound/UGA miss before all the extra curricular activities began.

Like "I'll give it back to you when you stop making "lazy, nonchalant I'm better than everyone" passes right to the other f***ing team about 5 times a game guaranteed. At least when I turn the ball over its because I suffer from big oaf syndrome. You have no excuses......So you can earn your stat-padding FTs in just a bit."

Yes, Warnock said all that to her.........and then she said sorry not sorry.
Wow. First most of the turnovers were by Warnock and Martin, at least per times with the ball in their hands, so I don't know why she'd be saying that to Clark. Warnock led the team in lazy passes right to bulldog defenders.
As for padding stats, I'll take a player that wants the ball in their hands, and WANTS that shot with the game in the balance any day of the week. Thats the one big difference between the ladies and the mens team. There is no alpha DOG on the mens team, (sorry Kris backers). The only guy who has the stones on the mens team to go out and get a shot against a good team, is Sandfort, and he's wildly inconsistent....

Wow. First most of the turnovers were by Warnock and Martin, at least per times with the ball in their hands, so I don't know why she'd be saying that to Clark. Warnock led the team in lazy passes right to bulldog defenders.
As for padding stats, I'll take a player that wants the ball in their hands, and WANTS that shot with the game in the balance any day of the week. Thats the one big difference between the ladies and the mens team. There is no alpha DOG on the mens team, (sorry Kris backers). The only guy who has the stones on the mens team to go out and get a shot against a good team, is Sandfort, and he's wildly inconsistent....
There's always one.......

Well said. Warnock was off today….throwing bad passes & holding the ball too long.

I'm surprised by how violent Georgia got at the end. When Caitlin got shoved twice and put on the ground only 1.6 seconds left. Frustration maybe but that shot to Gabby was brutal. Hardest hit I've seen since the bowl game.

Reactions: AlvySinger
There really should be consequences for those players even if the season is over
I agree. The girl who knocked down Caitlin was smiling immediately after doing it. I'd blame the coach but since she played for iowa and is from Marion or cr I'll just blame the players. And taking a shot to the face for Gabby is criminal. She's adorable and the late cheap shot to arguably the best player in college with less than a second left is just ridiculous. What if Caitlin had been hurt and Gabby got a broken nose. We wouldn't be the same team at all.

Reactions: aurorabimmer
Glad Kate got big defensive play. The glue seemed to come unglued this game. Seemed panicked every time she had ball.
They were all doing dumb things like poor lazy passes, it was especially noticeable a few times when Martin/Warnock got the ball at the free throw line, were wide open and didn't shoot the ball.

Reactions: DTP2 and oldhawk56
Iowa's senior women are eligible for a COVID season, correct? Will any of them use it?
Gabbie and Kate Martin have said they will be back next year. Czinano will be out of eligibility, and Warnock isn't going to use her Covid year. Wants to start dental school.

The only advantage of those 2 intentional fouls was Iowa got the ball out of bounds. Iowa was in the bonus, so how about 2 FTs for the foul and then 2 FTs for the intentional, and then the ball out of bounds to Iowa. Make em pay.

The player who pushed Caitlin should be ejected and suspended if she has any eligibility left for at least one game next year. If no eligibility then she has to live with, that her last play in college caused her to be tossed. Make the call even if no time left on the clock. It was disgusting.

Last edited:
Reactions: hawkedoff
The player who pushed Caitlin should be suspended for at least one game next year, if she has any eligibility left and ejected. If no eligibility then she has to live with, that her last play in college caused her to be tossed. Make the call even if no time left on the clock. It was disgusting.
Did she get tossed? I was at the game, they didn’t mention it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT