ADVERTISEMENT

*****Colorado vs Iowa (W) Game Thread*****

Yes, but you know Monday nite will be a physical game.

What I saw today from Hannah won't be enough.

I expect Bluder will force LSU to shoot 3s to win.

Fingers crossed.

Yes but….they aren’t even as deep as we are. They consistently play 7 girls.

Depending on whether you count Addy or not, we play 7 or 8, sometimes Ediger and I assume she will be platooned for fouls if nothing else.

fouls will be an issue for them. It has been all season.

Yes… There is a narrative out there and it gets talked about on this board and I don’t want to get real deep in it because I get tired of all the racial stuff, but there is a misconception out there often…that these southern girls on these predominantly black teams are somehow way more athletic than us and I’ve watched this team play now. What 35-ish games that’s a fallacy….

In fact, LSU is bigger than us and more physical than us, but I’ve watched them play enough to know, being super quick, isn’t their thing….

They will struggle chasing CC and these cutters.

I’ve now said this at least 100 times this year. This team is better than last year’s team and by this point in time they are way better….

We are a team, with a whole different offensive strategy than we had last year. We’re not whipping it into Monica or Warnock, and then circling back out. We are spreading the floor driving to the rack and moving the ball.

I’m extremely excited about watching LSU chase these girls.

Reactions: Obviously Oblivious

Depending on whether you count Addy or not, we play 7 or 8, sometimes Ediger and I assume she will be platooned for fouls if nothing else.

Yes… There is a narrative out there and it gets talked about on this board and I don’t want to get real deep in it because I get tired of all the racial stuff, but there is a misconception out there often…that these southern girls on these predominantly black teams are somehow way more athletic than us and I’ve watched this team play now. What 35-ish games that’s a fallacy….

In fact, LSU is bigger than us and more physical than us, but I’ve watched them play enough to know, being super quick, isn’t their thing….

I’ve now said this at least 100 times this year. This team is better than last year’s team and by this point in time they are way better….

We are a team, with a whole different offensive strategy than we had last year. We’re not whipping it into Monica or Warnock, and then circling back out. We are spreading the floor driving to the rack and moving the ball.

Mulkey is a lot like Fran when it comes to fouls. If they foul early and often, Mulkey will send them to the bench.

Reactions: cmhawks99

Back in January I was confident that we would run LSU off the court with our transition game. At the same time, in January, LSU didn't look like an Elite-8 team. They have played well since January, so now I'm not so sure. Like last year's championship game, it really comes down to how the game is officiated. If it is like last year's game or the WVU game where tons of hand checking is permitted, it is going to be a tough go. If it is officiated clean like today, we still have a good chance of running them off the court with our transition game IMO. I don't think a clean game is likely.

Back in January I was confident that we would run LSU off the court with our transition game. At the same time, in January, LSU didn't look like an Elite-8 team. They have played well since January, so now I'm not so sure. Like last year's championship game, it really comes down to how the game is officiated. If it is like last year's game or the WVU game where tons of hand checking is permitted, it is going to be a tough go. If it is officiated clean like today, we still have a good chance of running them off the court with our transition game IMO. I don't think a clean game is likely.
No, it will be a physical dirty game by LSU with one-sided officiating just like last year. That does not bode well for Iowa to win.

Reactions: MplsHawk
Absolutely. The tighter the whistle the better it is for the hawks.

No, it will be a physical dirty game by LSU with one-sided officiating just like last year. That does not bode well for Iowa to win.
I disagree. I think the low point of officiating this tournament was the WVU game. The refs in every game today had a MUCH tighter whistle. This Albany crew hopefully is the same tomorrow night. If so, I think it will be a pretty well-called game, and I like our chances.

I disagree. I think the low point of officiating this tournament was the WVU game. The refs in every game today had a MUCH tighter whistle. This Albany crew hopefully is the same tomorrow night. If so, I think it will be a pretty well-called game, and I like our chances.
Hope you are right

An extremely tight whistle was actually our downfall in the title game last year.

We got into early foul trouble on a few ticky tacky calls. We weren't allowed to play the same defense we had just played against South Carolina. We spent the rest of the game fearing another cheap call and basically weren't able to play real defense the entire game.

Me too and in all honesty, a lot of whistles is ok for us too. Now a super “biased” whistle isn’t so much, but LSU in early foul trouble is fine 😊

An extremely tight whistle was actually our downfall in the title game last year.

We got into early foul trouble on a few ticky tacky calls. We weren't allowed to play the same defense we had just played against South Carolina. We spent the rest of the game fearing another cheap call and basically weren't able to play real defense the entire game.
They got into some early foul trouble too IIRC. But their bench scored 30, and ours scored 8.

They got into some early foul trouble too IIRC. But their bench scored 30, and ours scored 8.
You're right, and that's a good point: there's no guarantee their bench this year would have someone come in and not be able to miss from three.

I probably would prefer a very tight whistle than one that allows the body and hand checking WV was allowed to do, but there's still a chance a tight whistle could burn us like it did last year.

Reactions: MplsHawk

They were tight for LSU. Not Iowa.

Reactions: ddeanHawk
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT