ADVERTISEMENT

2020 Softball

The hitting and pitching numbers do have at least a little to do with the level of competition. But #1 in fielding speaks for itself!

Thanks for saying exactly what I was thinking. I'm going to try and be more positive this year.

South Florida this weekend should give us a clearer perspective.

Perspective of course, but sad not to be able to see how this season was going to turn out! Would have been fun too see how high on the all time K list Doocy was going to get.

Be safe softball fans!

Someone on Ultimate College Softball ran some sort of simulation and had Iowa reaching the Tournament and playing in the Washington regional. There they went 0-2 losing to Notre Dame and Norfolk St. So there, now you know what would have happened. :)

Some off season softball news....Minnesota's Jamie Trachsel is leaving for Ole Miss. Ole Miss' coach resigned in December and played with an interim head coach in the shorten 2020 season. ADM/DMACC alum Molly Jacobsen is still on the roster for Ole Miss.

Cam Cecil and Abby Lien no longer listed on the Hawkeye Roster. Cam has entered the transfer portal. I'm not sure if Lien has.

Go Hawks

Some off season softball news....Minnesota's Jamie Trachsel is leaving for Ole Miss. Ole Miss' coach resigned in December and played with an interim head coach in the shorten 2020 season. ADM/DMACC alum Molly Jacobsen is still on the roster for Ole Miss.

Cam Cecil and Abby Lien no longer listed on the Hawkeye Roster. Cam has entered the transfer portal. I'm not sure if Lien has.

Go Hawks

Transferred to Augustana, SD.

Cam Cecil transferring to Long Beach State

Mia Ruther, Morgan Lewis, Miranda Schulte, and Sydney Owens are no longer on the Iowa roster.

Coach Gillespie was on the Easton Fastpitch podcast last week. She mentioned they will have a roster size of 26 with 10 new players. 9 freshman signed in the fall so there must be a new recruit or transfer. If Doocy returns the math would indicate there may be one other senior return.

Doocy Article: https://ankenyfanatic.com/2020/04/0...-planning-to-return-for-2021-softball-season/

Last edited:
Wow Coach cleaned house.let some good players go.. To bad.. Ruther and Lewis had shot to be good.

2019/20 Season starts tomorrow. Going to need a program with 14 new faces and 30 on the roster.

Pitch
Allison Doocy - Senior 2.70
Lauren Shaw - Junior 2.80 (2018)
Sarah Lehman - Junior 5.20
Emma Olejniczak - Junior UNI 6.38
Gabby Schnathorst - Junior DMACC
Allie Timmons - Fresh Dav Assumption

Infield
Liz Deshields - Senior .172
Donirae Mayhew - Senior .258
Ashley Hamilton - Junior .192
Aralee Bogar - Junior .223
Cameron Cecil - Soph .259
Sydney Owens - Soph .179
Miranda Schulte - Soph .120
Avery Guy - Junior DMACC
Mia Ruther - Junior DMACC
Nicole Yoder - Fresh Dav Assumption
Nia Carter - Fresh California
Erin Carter - Fresh Michigan
Taylor Ryan - Fresh Solon
Kalena Burns - Fresh California

Outfield
Alex Rath - Senior .250
Lea Thompson - Senior .224
Havyn Monteer - Senior .231
Kate Claypool - Soph .118
Hallie Ketcham - Soph .233
Jayci Vos - JR DMACC
Morgan Lewis - Soph DMACC
Riley Sheehy - Soph USC Upstate .400

Catch
Abbie Lien - Soph .215
Kit Rocco - Soph Northern Kentucky .233

10 new Hawkeyes

Quite a few pitchers in this class.

Anyone know what the spring schedule will be like? With COVID I am wondering if we will not travel south for pre-B1G games like in the past.

10 new Hawkeyes

Quite a few pitchers in this class.

Anyone know what the spring schedule will be like? With COVID I am wondering if we will not travel south for pre-B1G games like in the past.
I am hearing the B1G is putting a stop to all non conference games in 2021. Will only play other B1G teams with only bus travel permitted. Will still try to play the same number of games just multi times against B1G teams. This will be the same setup for baseball.

I've been wondering about that. I've been assuming that the southern trips were done, at least for 2021. Going to be tough to play a full schedule with the February and March weather we normally have around here.

Thanks for the information Mehawk. Do you know if they would still start in February and have the normanl 50+ game schedule?

I'm hoping we get to play some non-conf tournaments. Always a good excuse to travel somewhere warm and watch the team.

GO Hawks!

Reactions: MossHawk6
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT