ADVERTISEMENT

2019 Softball

UNI transfer won games as a pitcher up there and Schnathorst All Region with commitable D1 offers out of DMACC.

Is this saying Doocy is hurt worse than thought or graduating and not finishing?
I would guess building much needed depth and insurance vs injury. Also think added pitching depth enables coaching staff to not over work Doocy

Keep an eye on Jenna Young of Winterset, led the team in hitting at .533 as an 8th grader.

Very good player and program has tradition of sending players to next level. Corkrean is Hall of Fame Coach. Both Johnston and SEP have high potential young infielders. Iowa is aware of all 3 I would think.

Reactions: Wadukester
The team just posted on Facebook that they are holding tryouts on Aug 29th. I was looking up the rules on roster size, looks like the maximum scholarship number is 12 total, which can be split among a maximum number of 25 players. However, there is apparently no limit to walk-ons, so in theory we could go into the regular season with the roster as large as it is providing there are players willing to forgo aid.
https://www.sportsrec.com/ncaa-softball-roster-limit-rules-5456447.html

CR Gazette reporting on their Twitter page that ex-Hawkeye Erin Doud Johnson is a new SB asst. coach, was HC at CR Prairie. HawkeyeSports.com has not updated yet, wonder if Dillinger or Prater have moved on.

CR Gazette reporting on their Twitter page that ex-Hawkeye Erin Doud Johnson is a new SB asst. coach, was HC at CR Prairie. HawkeyeSports.com has not updated yet, wonder if Dillinger or Prater have moved on.
Replacing Lori Duncan as Volunteer Assistant? Duncan is no longer on hawkeyesports.

That's probably more likely that Dillinger or Prater leaving.

It will be interesting to see how the team looks at the Big Four Classic in a couple of weeks. A year ago wasn't great, but not surprising under the circumstances.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT