ADVERTISEMENT

2023 NCAA Championships Session II Thread

You people are just saying nonsensical crap now. Watch literally any Kennedy match besides the one that just happened and you'll see Kennedy takes a plethora of shots every match. He has easily one of the highest attack rates on our team (not saying much) and he just clearly didn't wrestle a good match against amine
It's more talent than effort or strategy. Abe and Kennedy are both willing wrestlers. Brands is a little limited tool wise. Warner is really the only guy for me that coasts at times.

At least season long talk about what we could do to win it should have a fork in it. It was never a legit discussion.
So Iowa fans talking about what Iowa needs to do to win in March shouldn’t be a topic of conversation on an Iowa wrestling message board. Weird choice. Can’t say I agree as that’s pretty much what this message board is about.

Iowa winning NCAA titles should still be the standard. I will not lower my expectations because we’re not favored to reach our goals any year. Anyone that does, I hope is not associated in any way with the team / wrestlers. Not expecting to win is the very best way of not winning. That’s loser thinking, and not what I subscribed to.

Iowa has areas of improvement. I expect them to work towards improving. If not maybe changes should be considered. Currently we site two years removed from back to back dominant teams. We did it once. Why the f should we not expect to do it again.

So Iowa fans talking about what Iowa needs to do to win in March shouldn’t be a topic of conversation on an Iowa wrestling message board. Weird choice. Can’t say I agree as that’s pretty much what this message board is about.

Iowa winning NCAA titles should still be the standard. I will not lower my expectations because we’re not favored to reach our goals any year. Anyone that does, I hope is not associated in any way with the team / wrestlers. Not expecting to win is the very best way of not winning. That’s loser thinking, and not what I subscribed to.

Iowa has areas of improvement. I expect them to work towards improving. If not maybe changes should be considered. Currently we site two years removed from back to back dominant teams. We did it once. Why the f should we not expect to do it again.
To win a National championship Iowa needs more talent. That is the bottom line. They are really good but there is a really big gap in talent between Iowa and PSU.

It's more talent than effort or strategy. Abe and Kennedy are both willing wrestlers. Brands is a little limited tool wise. Warner is really the only guy for me that coasts at times.
Lol well I've also watched Warner look like the little brother flailing his arms trying to hit his older brother who is keeping him at bay with one arm extended.

That's what Warner looks like when he tries on offense against most top guys, and why all his matches end up looking like they were low-scoring no effort snoozefests..........

Coleman won 3-2 in the dual.
Abe almost hits a duck but misses
2min
Abe misses an ankle
Marcus misses his blast double
1:44
Abe with a Nelson-type snap
1:30
pulled all the way down to the mat
restart 1:12
Abe misses a counter and can't grab the ankles
45s

Reactions: ibahwkfan

I guess I'm ok with your mentality to a point but it gets tiring. Iowa is the second best program in the county and the gap is about as big between 3 and 2 as it is as between 1 and 2 maybe bigger. Burning down the program to try to catch Penn State would be a terrible decision. Let's not be the nebraska football of college wrestling.

Reactions: Hawk fan in Minn
To win a National championship Iowa needs more talent. That is the bottom line. They are really good but there is a really big gap in talent between Iowa and PSU.
I don’t disagree but I will still set my expectations as Ncaa title or bust. I hope the team does the same and the wrestlers. I’m willing to bet they do.

As I said, areas of improvement.

Reactions: Bones Malone
Abe has a leg
25s
Whizzard
Coleman spings and abe has both legs
stacked
Coleman may have the adv.
Abe hangs on
"We had everything but the two on that"
Abe many shots compared to few for Coleman
0-0
end of 1
Abe on top
esc

Except Marinelli dealt with injuries, faced surprising champs, and still found the podium 3 times.
PK ain't no Bull. Unless Carr or Griffith bow out, he won't place this year.
Tournament ain’t over yet for him. Plus marinelli never wrestled in a bracket like this. Maybe the toughest bracket in 2 decades at least.

Reactions: BGon4ND
Coleman on a leg
Easily crushed
33s hand fighting
Coleman just touching for his shots
Not more serious
Coleman pushing his dboule
oob
3s
end of 2
0-1

Abe down