ADVERTISEMENT

2023 Softball

Hawks get a verbal commitment from Brianna Johnson a 3B/SS from Sacramento. She plays for LTG Lions club team and is a 2024.

I saw on Ultimate College Softball that Kalena is going to Cal Baptist. Not sure if it is true as it was not a tweet. Anyone heard where Tristan is going?

Reactions: MossHawk6
2024 softball verbals:
Sophia Elliot. RHP/Utility California
Brianna Johnson INF California
Talia Tretton P/1st/OF Nevada
Arlette Caraveca OF/Utility Florida

Any others?

Last edited:
Pic from the softball Twitter acct looks like they're putting down FieldTurf like the baseball diamond.

Just curious - if it's ISU's turn to host the Big 4 fall tournament, why are we playing UNI in Cedar Falls?

2023-2024 Roster

Just curious - if it's ISU's turn to host the Big 4 fall tournament, why are we playing UNI in Cedar Falls?
I saw that as well. We usually play 8-10 games in the fall, but this has only 6. And
the Big 4 is split? I am wondering if this is not the final schedule? Seems off…

I saw that as well. We usually play 8-10 games in the fall, but this has only 6. And
the Big 4 is split? I am wondering if this is not the final schedule? Seems off…
Just checked UNIs schedule, and it also has Iowa playing them @UNI. So, that must be correct. Bummer, it’s cool to have all the games in one place to stay at and watch a lot of softball. Just have to go to Cedar Falls, then on to Ames.

I noticed only 6 games as well. I believe a team may have 8. Maybe a couple will get added?

The Mary Nutter Spring tournament teams have been released. It does not look like we are going back there this year.

2023-2024 Roster
Interested to see if any of the freshman pitchers are capable of making an impact. They definitely need a 2nd starter to emerge. What players are locks to start? Roman, Bennett, Diaz, Banes? Hannah Lindsay probably doesn't transfer to sit on the bench. Mattiello started early in the season & I believe she had an elbow issue?

As someone who doesn't know the regulations, I have to ask, do the infield and outfield require different materials to mimic dirt vs grass?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT