ADVERTISEMENT

2025 MBB Recruiting Thread

F7ZSqXjWMAAicRc

F7RijpMXsAAtta5

F7RijpLWkAABUqe

F7ZSqXiWoAEzphR

F7ZSqXfXYAAiQ52

Last edited:
Why are we looking at so many 6'7 power forwards and most weigh around 200 lb. Even with 20 lb and another inch, I don't think that cuts it in B1G for a PF.
Santa Claus is coming to town if we land Sisley!

He must use his 6'7" 200 lb frame pretty well as #48 in his class.

Reactions: Torg

Another 2025 official visitor. I know that Franisdaman recognizes the AAU program that Oswin plays for!

Matt is paying his dues on the recruiting trail. A love of the game is an absolute requirement.

Iowa offered 6'7 SF Hudson Greer on June 15, 2023.

He was scheduled to officially visit Iowa City Sep 15-17, 2023, but he canceled the day before, on Sep 14, 2023.

Nevertheless, Sherman Dillard was in for a visit/to watch him practice on Oct 11, 2023.

An Iowa coach was in to see him today as well.

Iowa offered 7'1" PF Malachi Moreno on August 24, 2022.

He unofficially visited Oct 2, 2022 (Michigan game).

His AAU team for 2023 was Indiana Elite (same as Cooper Koch).

He officially visited the weekend of Oct 7, 2023 (Purdue football game). He and Cooper Koch were hanging out together during this visit.

Malachi and Cooper Koch were two of the 20 that Adidas selected to go to Italy in June, 2023 as part of their Eurocamp.

Fran and Matt Gatens watched his AAU game on April 22, 2023.

Here's a story on his recruitment.

Some excerpts:

Moreno has only completed one official visit out of the bunch to Iowa.

"They have been in contact with me since I was a little fella," Moreno said on the Hawkeyes. "They recruited my older brother Michael when he was in high school and they kept in contact with me ever since. Fran McCaffery and Sherman Dillard have always treated my mom and I like family. It was nice being in that family environment when I was on my visit."

"I had a chance to watch them play and they are doing well with their freshman big man Owen Freeman," Moreno continued. "He has made big strides since I saw him on the visit. Seeing how well he has developed gives me an example of how well I can develop at a program like that."

Outside of Iowa, Moreno has completed unofficial visits to Arkansas, Cincinnati, Indiana, Notre Dame, Ohio State, and Tennessee.

GBuGriaWoAEjTJ9

Last edited:
Eric Reibe has 25 scholarship offers. However, he says six schools are staying in contact the most.

“Definitely Ohio State, Oregon, Creighton, Michigan, Iowa, and Providence. They all text me on a daily basis, call me on a daily basis.”

Reibe, a native of Germany, has taken a total of four college visits — officials to Iowa and Harvard and unofficial trips to Georgetown and Ohio State.

His visit to Iowa: “It was a really good visit. I got to see their facilities, their practice. I got to spend a lot of time with the head coach. We went to the football game against Purdue. It was a great visit because we got to see everything, spend some time with the players, and I would say it was a very good visit.

“They had great success with Luka Garza. The way they use their big man, it’s pretty optimal for me because they can move outside, they can move inside, they can shoot. Coach’s playstyle is pretty free. He lets the players play.”

Click on the link in the tweet to take you to the full story.

Last edited:

He unofficially visited Iowa on Oct 2, 2022 (Michigan game).

He officially visited the weekend of Oct 7, 2023 (Purdue football game). He and Cooper Koch were hanging out together during this visit.

Malachi and Cooper Koch were two of the 20 that Adidas selected to go to Italy in June, 2023 as part of their Eurocamp.

GC8nSnIWkAA2P05

He unofficially visited Oct 2, 2022 (Michigan game).

Fran and Matt Gatens watched his AAU game on April 22, 2023.

Here's a story on his recruitment.

Some excerpts:

Moreno has only completed one official visit out of the bunch to Iowa.

"They have been in contact with me since I was a little fella," Moreno said on the Hawkeyes. "They recruited my older brother Michael when he was in high school and they kept in contact with me ever since. Fran McCaffery and Sherman Dillard have always treated my mom and I like family. It was nice being in that family environment when I was on my visit."

"I had a chance to watch them play and they are doing well with their freshman big man Owen Freeman," Moreno continued. "He has made big strides since I saw him on the visit. Seeing how well he has developed gives me an example of how well I can develop at a program like that."

Outside of Iowa, Moreno has completed unofficial visits to Arkansas, Cincinnati, Indiana, Notre Dame, Ohio State, and Tennessee.

GBuGriaWoAEjTJ9

Swarm him Fran! Get him on the payroll!

iowa hawkeyes football GIF by University of Iowa Hawkeyes Athletics

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT