ADVERTISEMENT

5 police officers for a seatbelt violation

Sep 4, 2021
I have never heard of a situation where you need to send a tactical unit with five officers to pull over a guy not wearing a seat belt

• Haha
Reactions: abby97
"Additionally, the officers fired approximately 96 shots, raising serious questions about the proportionality of their use of deadly force,"

This is my favorite part... if they only shot 95 times he'd only be mostly dead.

It’s a shitty situation but it’s also hard to feel sorry for the guy that got shot when he is in illegal possession of a gun and allegedly fired the first shot.

Even if he were pulled over for a BS reason, he clearly knew he had broken the law and panicked.

"If you fire at police, you should expect return fire," said Harris. "There's just no other way of looking at it."

ffc9e4af-af5a-4929-9086-30e9fbeed211_text.gif

My car window is very sensitive. There have been many times when I slightly press it and it foes down and up. In a moment like that when you’re having anxiety and stress Its terrifying to think that if you accidentally roll the window up, seconds later you could die.

My car window is very sensitive. There have been many times when I slightly press it and it foes down and up. In a moment like that when you’re having anxiety and stress Its terrifying to think that if you accidentally roll the window up, seconds later you could die.
Does pressing your car window switch ever cause you to fire shots at police officers?

5 tactical officers for a traffic stop. They were looking for something else. Drug dealer perhaps. Think more than an illegal gun got their attention. The same 5 cops also have another open investigation involving a seatbelt violation traffic stop as well.

5 tactical officers for a traffic stop. They were looking for something else. Drug dealer perhaps. Think more than an illegal gun got their attention. The same 5 cops also have another open investigation involving a seatbelt violation traffic stop as well.
Terrifying

Mayor Brandon Johnson said he met with Reed's family after the shooting and offered his condolences for his death.

"As mayor and as a father raising a family, including two Black boys on the West Side of Chicago, I am personally devastated to see yet another young Black man lose his life during an interaction with the police," Johnson said. "Our heart breaks for the family of Dexter Reed. They are grieving the loss of a son, a brother, and a nephew."

Well maybe he shouldn't have shot at the police, Brandon. What a dumb ass. Hope every cop in his city walks. This kid had no hesitation to use an illegal firearm on police officers, it was only a matter of when, not if, he used it on someone else.

Just curious they might or might not have been looking for something else. Even if he wasn’t a drug dealer he was clearly guilty of something pretty major. Maybe it was just the illegal possession of a gun. Are you okay that they pulled him over and it led to this?

I wonder how they saw him not wearing a seat belt when his windows were dark tinted. Also the officer at the car window got really aggressive really quick. 5 officers for a seat belt violation would make my brown self nervous too. Not sure why he fired first and no way did they need 96 shots to kill him. One cop had to reload 3x.

Reactions: TC Nole OX
Think of how crazy those seconds get when you pick up a firearm, point a firearm at a cop, and pull a trigger.

Mayor Brandon Johnson said he met with Reed's family after the shooting and offered his condolences for his death.

"As mayor and as a father raising a family, including two Black boys on the West Side of Chicago, I am personally devastated to see yet another young Black man lose his life during an interaction with the police," Johnson said. "Our heart breaks for the family of Dexter Reed. They are grieving the loss of a son, a brother, and a nephew."

Well maybe he shouldn't have shot at the police, Brandon. What a dumb ass. Hope every cop in his city walks. This kid had no hesitation to use an illegal firearm on police officers, it was only a matter of when, not if, he used it on someone else.

Yeah but structural racism and privilege have you thought about THAT

When I was younger I remember being pulled over 7 times in Chicago.
1 - seat belts
1 - expired tags
1 - broken taillights
3 - illegal turn signal (which wasn’t true)
Cant recall the last one.
But all very high stress situations as a young person.

Just curious they might or might not have been looking for something else. Even if he wasn’t a drug dealer he was clearly guilty of something pretty major. Maybe it was just the illegal possession of a gun. Are you okay that they pulled him over and it led to this?
I have no problem getting criminals off the street. I question the tactics used. Guy has to stop sometime correct. Grab him at a gas station, Walgreens, etc etc. They do that in Milwaukee all the time. Seen a swarm off cops come out of nowhere and nail a perp at Walgreens. After he had gotten out of vehicle or came out of store. Traffic stops are a hazardous situation to try and control.

I wonder how they saw him not wearing a seat belt when his windows were dark tinted. Also the officer at the car window got really aggressive really quick. 5 officers for a seat belt violation would make my brown self nervous too. Not sure why he fired first and no way did they need 96 shots to kill him. One cop had to reload 3x.
Shot him three times while he was laying on the ground with no firearm because they stated he left it in the car

I have no problem getting criminals off the street. I question the tactics used. Guy has to stop sometime correct. Grab him at a gas station, Walgreens, etc etc. They do that in Milwaukee all the time. Seen a swarm off cops come out of nowhere and nail a perp at Walgreens. After he had gotten out of vehicle or came out of store. Traffic stops are a hazardous situation to try and control.
Not disagreeing but I wonder if they feel like it might be a little more isolated.
Say they went for him once he gets out of his car and like in this situation, he gets a couple of shots off and instead hits an innocent person on the street?
I myself have no problem with how this went down. Doesn’t sound like any innocent people were severely hurt and one less POS out roaming around.

Reactions: seminoleed
Not disagreeing but I wonder if they feel like it might be a little more isolated.
Say they went for him once he gets out of his car and like in this situation, he gets a couple of shots off and instead hits an innocent person on the street?
I myself have no problem with how this went down. Doesn’t sound like any innocent people were severely hurt and one less POS out roaming around.
It’s similar to when you hear stories about police car chases in metropolitan areas and then some crash that kills or injures innocent people.

Well, as I said they did this a month or so as well. And obviously had bad results. Hence it’s investigated as well. If u can see a person fully. It appears to be a safer situation that’s all. Maybe they never got the chance. As I said leaves a lot of questions.

Reactions: IAFB2021Champs

Responses like this from yet another mayor of Chicago is why many are so critical of Chicago politics. Pure race pandering by Johnson, in a time when real leadership is needed. Disgusting.

This seems very odd. Why would police pull up and block off a car for a seatbelt vs putting on lights and pulling the driver over? Why not announce clearly you are the police? They clearly had no idea there was a gun or they wouldn't have walked right up to the car. And, I tried a few times but still cannot tell if a shot came from inside the car or not. They later claim to have found a gun inside the car passenger seat, but we've seen these planted before, but maybe he did have a gun. What if it was legal? How would they have known without speaking to him? And, shooting 100 rounds in a residential area with some shooting in the direction of a house in the background is negligent.

This seems very odd. Why would police pull up and block off a car for a seatbelt vs putting on lights and pulling the driver over? Why not announce clearly you are the police? They clearly had no idea there was a gun or they wouldn't have walked right up to the car. And, I tried a few times but still cannot tell if a shot came from inside the car or not. They later claim to have found a gun inside the car passenger seat, but we've seen these planted before, but maybe he did have a gun. What if it was legal? How would they have known without speaking to him? And, shooting 100 rounds in a residential area with some shooting in the direction of a house in the background is negligent.
The gun wasn't legal, he had previously been charged with weapon possession as a felon. I'm sure the cops knew him and also knew he likely had a gun on him and was a danger.
It's crazy we have people constantly clamoring for more gun restrictions, yet this human piece of garbage, who is part of the core source of gun violence in this country, gets shot while possessing an illegal gun and firing at police... and just like clock work those same people rush to defend him and attack the police. It shows how unserious they really are.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT