ADVERTISEMENT

7 Most Vibrant Towns In Iowa

Took my first visit to Pella last weekend, the kid had a Show Choir competition there, once you go south off of 80...holy hell, are straight roads more than one mile against the Dutch Law? Took 40 minutes zig zaging to go about 15 miles SE.

They had a great school and facilities at the HS.
The Linn-Mar buses going to Pella took a wrong turn out of New Sharon and ended up doing 7 miles of gravel road in order to get there. My wife commented that the kids probably thought Pella was in the middle of nowhere.

There was talk 10 years or so ago of building a road from Kilduff/Kellogg exit straight South to Pella, but I don't think it made it very far.

Reactions: EasyHawk
And is there a town in SE Iowa that doesn’t completely suck? Maaaaaybe Mt Pleasant?
Muscatine has a nice downtown and riverfront.

ccimage-shutterstock_1214795092.jpg

running-river-trail-system-(riverside-park)_181669_sc.jpg

Reactions: OutbackBowl2017
My parents still live in a small town in SE Iowa. My father flew down on Monday to stay with me for a week here in Ft Lauderdale. He absolutely hates it. Loves the food but hates everything else.

About every 10 minutes while in the car he will say “ how in the hell can you live in this”
My wife is like this about Florida. Her dad loved it - had a beautiful house on a canal in Marco Island and the minute he died it was sold and she vowed to never set foot in the state again.

I share some of her antipathy for the state (particularly the types of people it draws as part time residents), the strip mall culture and bonkers politics. But I also like to fish and golf and kayak, so I miss our trips down there 🤷‍♂️

Don't tell that to the Pella Mafia. They think they've got something going by getting old people to visit once a year to look at the tulips.
For those of you planning your trip - remember it moved from the second weekend in May to the first weekend a few years ago. At this rate it will be in April soon. Much angst as to whether any tulips will be left with this beautiful weather.

For those of you planning your trip - remember it moved from the second weekend in May to the first weekend a few years ago. At this rate it will be in April soon. Much angst as to whether any tulips will be left with this beautiful weather.
That actually works out well for them. They can lure the tourists in to town for several weeks before with the beautiful flowers, then bring them back the first weekend of May for Stem Fest.

Reactions: EasyHawk
The Linn-Mar buses going to Pella took a wrong turn out of New Sharon and ended up doing 7 miles of gravel road in order to get there. My wife commented that the kids probably thought Pella was in the middle of nowhere.

There was talk 10 years or so ago of building a road from Kilduff/Kellogg exit straight South to Pella, but I don't think it made it very far.
They were gonna build it when they built that amusement park that Grassley was hawking for Red Rick Kaje about 20 or so years ago……Grassley opposed “pork” except when it was his pork..

Reactions: EagleHawk
My wife is like this about Florida. Her dad loved it - had a beautiful house on a canal in Marco Island and the minute he died it was sold and she vowed to never set foot in the state again.

I share some of her antipathy for the state (particularly the types of people it draws as part time residents), the strip mall culture and bonkers politics. But I also like to fish and golf and kayak, so I miss our trips down there 🤷‍♂️
West coast is nice. East coast is chaos

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT