ADVERTISEMENT

9 or More B1G Friday Night Games are Coming for the 2024 Season. Looks like they will be on FOX (IOWA at UCLA on Nov 8; 8:00pm CT)

Me, too. As @MrsScrew would say, I think RU finally has their sheet together with Greg Schiano in charge.

I'm hoping so, still not convinced about our QB situation though. However, I fully imagine the UCLA fans and team heading into NJ looking like this on a chilly October afternoon in Piscataway...

d6902c6e9f1c2715e5c50d5317a6c917.jpg

37 years. Wow

There hasn’t been a ton of opportunities since then though, but Iowa has struggled in the ones they’ve had.

L @ Hawaii 1988 (if that counts as out west)
L @ Oregon 1994
L @ Arizona 1998
L @ ASU 2004
L @ Arizona 2010

It looks like 2010 was the last time Iowa went out west for a regular season game.

Reactions: Franisdaman
There hasn’t been a ton of opportunities since then though, but Iowa has struggled in the ones they’ve had.

L @ Oregon 1994
L @ Arizona 1998
L @ ASU 2004
L @ Arizona 2010

It looks like 2010 was the last time Iowa went out west for a regular season game.

Good info. Thanks

Reactions: iahawks10

L @ Oregon 1994
L @ Arizona 1998
L @ ASU 2004
L @ Arizona 2010

Could technically add @ Colorado ‘92 or even @ Tulsa ‘96.

Reactions: iahawks10
I drive 3.5 hours to go to games so I wouldn't be jazzed about Friday night games for the most part. I could possibly cut out early. But I'd be driving tired and then I'd be locked into getting a hotel room somewhere.
Get yourself one of those big six figure RVs.

Not a fan of Friday games. Keep Iowa on the day after Thanksgiving as their token Friday game and let the others take their turn.

I think it's a safe bet that at most Iowa will play 2 times per season on a Friday.
* Friday night AWAY game
* Black Friday vs Nebraska (home or away)

I see UCLA must have bought the brother of the TN QB. Just committed to UCLA. Hope he got half as much as big bro got.

Got my hotel set up made yesterday for the UCLA game. Also the flight. Now figuring out the best shot at a cheap couple of tickets. Staying about 1.5 miles from the Rose Bowl. Good enough to grab some sun by the pool with a few adult beverages and walk to the game!

Last edited:
Reactions: pistachio1999
Got my hotel set up made yesterday for the UCLA game. Also the flight. Now figuring out the best shot at a cheap couple of tickets. Staying about 1.5 miles from the Rose Bowl. Good enough to grab some sun by the pool with a few adult beverages and walk to the game!

I don’t think cheap tickets will be a problem

I'll see your Friday night games & raise you a Thursday night 6pm game 😳😞🙄

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT