ADVERTISEMENT

92-0

I do think a healthy Cade, All, and Lachey would have resulted in something like 75-40 in those three games. Still not good, but at least not laughably bad.

And that is not an excuse for the staff. Last I recall, they are also responsible for creating some competent and prepared depth. Every other team I see with their backup QB at least looks competent.

Combined score of every game Iowa has played against a top 25 team this year.

You lose the right to talk about your overall record when that’s your outcome against any opponent worth a shit.

That’s right, @hawkisoaker, it’s time for you to take your hammers, STFU, and GTFO.
And that with Michigan going through the motions
PennSt with a stiff at qb and a canned OC
and vs a 1st time starting frosh qb

Imagine playing an Oregon Washington or Texas

Would be 192-0

Sorry. I ran a thread pretty much the same. I just didn't see yours.
This seasons offense was just horrible of course. The captain optimistic in me took a hard hit this afternoon.

Refusing to give another QB a sniff is trying to be inept imo
Yes. Inexcusable.
The idiotic argument about "ruining" a young qb is just plain nonsense. If a guy is that fragile a prima donna then he is playing the wrong game.
Plenty of freshmen qbs take snaps.
Any decent OC would make adjustments to the scheme to fit the personnel. But, they were far from having a decent OC.

pedro-monkey-puppet.gif
Sounds like 0-3 to me.

How much you lose by means nothing
Objectively speaking yes, but perception is reality. Losing by a TD in a game vs getting blanked repeatedly means a lot. Nationally we’re an embarrassment as we’ve fallen on our face in every ranked matchup this year, if you think recruits look at the results as only a loss and don’t take into consideration the manner in which we were beaten I’ve got some ocean front property for sale in Coralville for ya.

Objectively speaking yes, but perception is reality. Losing by a TD in a game vs getting blanked repeatedly means a lot. Nationally we’re an embarrassment as we’ve fallen on our face in every ranked matchup this year, if you think recruits look at the results as only a loss and don’t take into consideration the manner in which we were beaten I’ve got some ocean front property for sale in Coralville for ya.
Iowa is thought well enough nationally to be ranked #17. That's not an embarrassment.

I don't recruits on my team that are more concerned with scoring margin than record or history of success.

I don't want recruits on my team that are scared to get blown out.

I don't want recruits on my team that are scared of some hard times.

There's plenty of reason for recruits to be attracted to Iowa. If getting blown out in some of your loses is a deciding factor for them....see ya

• Haha
Reactions: Dr.PhilSuess
Why do you continue to defend the indefensible?
Is losing a game indefensible? Is losing to 3 very good teams indefensible?

Maybe you're saying getting blown out is indefensible. I just don't agree.

How much you lose by means nothing. It's all about winning, right? No matter how pretty or ugly, a win is a win. Same goes for loses.

A game can get to a point where things start to snowball in a negative way for the team that's behind. A game can also get to a point where it snowballs in a positive way for the team that's ahead. And sometimes both dynamics can even happen at the same time.

Iowa isn't built to come from behind. But they are built to win more than their fair share of games on a very consistent basis.

Iowa is built to win low scoring games. Thus, on days where they aren't good enough to win, sometimes they can get shutout. But Iowa has also been consistently winning for 20+ years because of how they are built.

• Haha
Is losing a game indefensible? Is losing to 3 very good teams indefensible?

Maybe you're saying getting blown out is indefensible. I just don't agree.

How much you lose by means nothing. It's all about winning, right? No matter how pretty or ugly, a win is a win. Same goes for loses.

A game can get to a point where things start to snowball in a negative way for the team that's behind. A game can also get to a point where it snowballs in a positive way for the team that's ahead. And sometimes both dynamics can even happen at the same time.

Iowa isn't built to come from behind. But they are built to win more than their fair share of games on a very consistent basis.

Iowa is built to win low scoring games. Thus, on days where they aren't good enough to win, sometimes they can get shutout. But Iowa has also been consistently winning for 20+ years because of how they are built.
We have elite special teams and defense with the worst offense in D1 that loses us games. This is KFs philosophy, his doing to be this pitiful on offense. Kirk needs to stay out of the offensive meetings bring in someone who can coach O and let them run the show or retire. Period

• Haha
I do think a healthy Cade, All, and Lachey would have resulted in something like 75-40 in those three games. Still not good, but at least not laughably bad.

And that is not an excuse for the staff. Last I recall, they are also responsible for creating some competent and prepared depth. Every other team I see with their backup QB at least looks competent.
Well we had McNamara and All against Penn State and got smoked 31-0. So in a roundabout way that's saying at full health it would have only been 44-40 against Michigan/Tennessee, and I completely disagree. This offense was terrible when they were all still healthy. As you said, injuries are no excuse for this team.

Well we had McNamara and All against Penn State and got smoked 31-0. So in a roundabout way that's saying at full health it would have only been 44-40 against Michigan/Tennessee, and I completely disagree. This offense was terrible when they were all still healthy. As you said, injuries are no excuse for this team.
He was a gimp but your points are still valid.

We have elite special teams and defense with the worst offense in D1 that loses us games. This is KFs philosophy, his doing to be this pitiful on offense. Kirk needs to stay out of the offensive meetings bring in someone who can coach O and let them run the show or retire. Period
Being terrible on offense is not Kirk's philosophy. The offense, due to a handful of factors has quite predictably fallen on a couple tough years. They will grow out of it.

Don't dig yourself a hole by implying that Iowa, as presently exists under Kirk, isn't an acceptable football program. Somebody thought they were good enough to put in the Citrus bowl. Even with perhaps the worst offense in the country the past two seasons Iowa won 8 and 10 games. Of course the offense is going to get better. But even if it doesn't, you're left with a pretty good football program. Kirk doesn't need to go anywhere

Being terrible on offense is not Kirk's philosophy. The offense, due to a handful of factors has quite predictably fallen on a couple tough years. They will grow out of it.

Don't dig yourself a hole by implying that Iowa, as presently exists under Kirk, isn't an acceptable football program. Somebody thought they were good enough to put in the Citrus bowl. Even with perhaps the worst offense in the country the past two seasons Iowa won 8 and 10 games. Of course the offense is going to get better. But even if it doesn't, you're left with a pretty good football program. Kirk doesn't need to go anywhere
Stop defending the indefensible.

Reactions: TRHawkeye145
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT