ADVERTISEMENT

A J Ferrari public statement

Hmmm. Seems like he hasn’t given up on Iowa (and probably Iowa hasn’t given up on him).

After his antics and him flipping off the crowd, I thought maybe the relationship was over.

If he indeed is on our team next semester, I would hope it is a zero tolerance policy. Typing out the apology is nice, but now it is past time to walk the talk.

The problem is..... He didn't actually apologize in his comment. He just said he was disappointed in his actions and regretted his behavior.... It would have gone further for him to actually say he was sorry to the Hawkeye Wresting team and the fans....
The definition of sorry is feeling regret. Why are we overanalyzing his apology? Come on...

How many of you have been flipped off when you were younger, yet got over it? How many of you have gotten in a fight yet gotten over it. I find it funny that people are not able to do this. We have all acted like a douche before, and we all have a friend who has too. Give Tom and Terry and chance to work with him.

How many of you have been flipped off when you were younger, yet got over it? How many of you have gotten in a fight yet gotten over it.
How many of you have been removed from a wrestling roster for possibly raping a women, then given yet another chance from another coaching staff and then immediately proceed to fight with your new teammate, flip that teammate off and then lost your mind and flipped off the fans of your new team to show your appreciation? You got over it ...

i get the skepticism and i know everyone here is perfect and never made a mistake but showing ownership is a great start.

he will still have to show it in his actions of course but let’s just see how it plays out
Ok...sorry...I was confused. I was foolishly paying attention to his actions after being accused of being a rapist and mowing down people on our highways. I wasn't aware we weren't suppose to start paying attention until AFTER he fought with a teammate and flipped off the entire arena. Silly me...

Last edited:
If the Iowa coaching staff would just ask themselves the question. Would I trust AJ to take my daughter to Bible study? They would have the answer to keep him or move on.

• Haha
Reactions: derekforhawks
The definition of sorry is feeling regret. Why are we overanalyzing his apology? Come on...
Sorry - No..... He probably regrets making himself look like a fool and throwing a tantrum and making himself look bad but that does not mean he regrets disrespecting the fans or taking a swing at an opponent. There are many factors he could or could not regret... He really needs to address an apology to the team and the fans specifically. If you are happy with what he wrote, good for you... I will need more before I am on board with him...

Sorry - No..... He probably regrets making himself look like a fool and throwing a tantrum and making himself look bad but that does not mean he regrets disrespecting the fans or taking a swing at an opponent. There are many factors he could or could not regret... He really needs to address an apology to the team and the fans specifically. If you are happy with what he wrote, good for you... I will need more before I am on board with him...
The thing is you have no idea what he regrets or why.

All the more reason why I and many other fans aren't buying it. It's his responsibility to earn respect and trust from his team mates and fans. It is not just freely given. Now, we need actions and not vague words.... Hopefully he can pull it off...
Which is exactly why we should give him a chance. ADS did some pretty shitty things and never apologized to anyone publicly.

He could regret his action as it may have a negative impact on him. His statement does not reflect any recognition that his behavior was a bad look for the Iowa program or disrespectful to the fans.

Reactions: USPMAN
Which is exactly why we should give him a chance. ADS did some pretty shitty things and never apologized to anyone publicly.
ADS has a verified medical condition for which he made improvements based on changes to his treatments over time... Completely different situation and I wish fans would quit comparing Austin to AJ Ferrari... Not the same thing at all..... ADS also never did the splits and flipped off the fans or took a swing at a teammate.... Quit reaching for vindication. If you wanna blow AJ off, have at it man..... I'm not getting on board until I see actions..... One thing AJ has proved at this point is that his words are empty.

ADS has a verified medical condition for which he made improvements based on changes to his treatments over time... Completely different situation and I wish fans would quit comparing Austin to AJ Ferrari... Not the same thing at all..... ADS also never did the splits and flipped off the fans or took a swing at a teammate.... Quit reaching for vindication. If you wanna blow AJ off, have at it man..... I'm not getting on board until I see actions..... One thing AJ has proved at this point is that his words are empty.
Buddy ADS told a lady he was going to kill her at NCAAs. Blow AJ off huh classic cesspool response when you have no argument. Love to see it. How about we give the guy a chance and see if brands can work his magic again or you can keep crying about 🤷 good luck with your choice!

Buddy ADS told a lady he was going to kill her at NCAAs. Blow AJ off huh classic cesspool response when you have no argument. Love to see it. How about we give the guy a chance and see if brands can work his magic again or you can keep crying about 🤷 good luck with your choice!
I gave him a chance this weekend. I rooted hard for him all the way up to the end of the 197 pound final..... You will have to excuse me if I have hard, serious doubts about his words or statements now. It was a good gesture to put it out and kudos for him for doing that, but as I already said, nothing short of hard effort and actions are going to change my tune no matter how many times you reply to me or disagree with my opinion.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT