ADVERTISEMENT

A question for all of our military veteran friends out there.

sabula

HB Heisman
Oct 24, 2001
Does it bother you that Donald Trump 1. Dodged the draft with the age-old "bonespurs" medical excuse that his Daddy arranged? 2. Called our brave service members in Europe "losers and suckers"? As a veteran, I'm interested in your thoughts on these things he did. Thanks.

1. Draft dodging has never hurt presidential candidates.
2. He was talking about POWs, and it was a very stupid thing to say.

In short, I don’t get butt hurt over the stupid things people say. I hear stupid stuff multiple times a day. If I got worked up over it all and let it impact my decision making, I would be living a miserable and less fruitful life.

In short, I don’t get butt hurt over the stupid things people say. I hear stupid stuff multiple times a day. If I got worked up over it all and let it impact my decision making, I would be living a miserable and less fruitful life.
Agree on the saying stupid things angle however, maybe the fact that he is an idiotic, narcissistic unintelligent, Russian puppet moron should affect your decision making?

My father was a WWII veteran who served in a tank division
under General George Patton. My dad never talked much about
the war. He considered himself blessed by God that he returned
home without any injuries. He was happy to serve his nation and
people respected him for his contribution.

Bottom Line: We as Americans need to respect those who served
in the U.S. military.

Most of the vets I know are disgusted by tampon Tim actually stealing valor and are voting trump
Only 22 more days for you to post your insanity, Scruffy.

Guessing you better clear your schedule.

Scruffy, with each passing day.
Happy Jeff Goldblum GIF by Apartments.com

And for the rest of HBOT that I like or tolerate 😆 I present to you...bewbs.
hottie bouncing GIF

Trump made the "suckers and losers" comment when he was visiting a cemetery in France of American soldiers killed in World War 1.

Trump made the "suckers and losers" comment when he was visiting a cemetery in France of American soldiers killed in World War 1.

While not true of every war, many wars are fought by the poor and powerless for the profit of the rich and powerful.

WWI was absolutely one of those wars.

So, yeah, while it makes an appalling soundbite, Trump was right in this context.

While not true of every war, many wars are fought by the poor and powerless for the profit of the rich and powerful.

So, yeah, while it makes an appalling soundbite, Trump was right in this context.

WW1 was fought because of entangling alliances.

You really believe the soldiers that served back then were "suckers and losers?"

Reactions: h-hawk and HawkMD

Garry is telling us he is totally fine with Donald Trump being Commander In Chief.

Draft dodging has never hurt presidential candidates.
Who was a draft dodger before Clinton? (I am genuinely asking.)

He was talking about POWs, and it was a very stupid thing to say.
It was not only very stupid, it was disgusting and unbecoming of a commander in chief.

It should also be a deal breaker, but we all know the rules apply to everyone but Trump.

Reactions: Uniformed_ReRe
WW1 was fought because of entangling alliances.

You really believe the soldiers that served back then were "suckers and losers?"
Not entirely because those societies didn't give them a choice. But there were strong workers' movements back then that were arguing against the war on the very grounds that workers have more in common with each other across national boundaries than they do with the political and economic elites who were gagging for a nice little war.

Of all the things he has said and done, this is pretty far down on the list of stuff that irks me.
His bone spurs? Yeah, no big deal. Americans accepted that in 1992 with Clinton.

Calling Americans who fought and died honorably in service of the country “suckers and losers” is about the worst thing a commander in chief can say.

It’s unbelievable.

Not entirely because those societies didn't give them a choice. But there were strong workers' movements back then that were arguing against the war on the very grounds that workers have more in common with each other across national boundaries than they do with the political and economic elites who were gagging for a nice little war.

WW1 was a total waste, obviously, but most people probably didn't realize it at the time.

Which is fine, but I don’t want to hear any Trump voter talk about ethics and principles ever again. When you cast a vote for Trump, you are ostensibly saying you don’t care about honor or integrity.
Why don’t you just worry about your own vote. 😜

Does it bother you that Donald Trump 1. Dodged the draft with the age-old "bonespurs" medical excuse that his Daddy arranged? 2. Called our brave service members in Europe "losers and suckers"? As a veteran, I'm interested in your thoughts on these things he did. Thanks.
I feel like we've discussed this over and over again, but here goes.

1. Dodged the draft with the age-old "bonespurs" medical excuse that his Daddy arranged? - Not really. Military service isn't for everyone. You don't have to serve to have an appreciation and/or understanding for serving.

2. Called our brave service members in Europe "losers and suckers"? There's still speculation as to whether or not he actually said this, but based on his comments to/toward Sen McCain, I lean heavily towards them being true. In which case, I'm not personally bothered by them, but they impact my trustworthiness of his support for the military. It's just another area where I don't believe a word he says regarding military policy.

Trump is a narcissist, so it's not surprising he doesn't understand/appreciate what it means to serve others or one's country.

p.s. I haven't read any responses in the thread so as not to influence my response. I wanted it to be off the cuff.

Most of the vets I know are disgusted by tampon Tim actually stealing valor and are voting trump
Thanks for letting us know that you and your friends are okay with draft dodgers slandering our dead service members. Versus praising those brave men and women that actually served their country. Good to know. Be proud!

Reactions: NoleATL

Number three on the list (Bonespurs and scruffy) that believes our dead service members were losers and suckers. So sad to see them denigrate our veterans like that. So sad.

Why don’t you just worry about your own vote. 😜
I don’t worry about what other people do.

What does that have to do with my post?

If you know good and well how much of a piece of shit Trump is and you still vote for him, that’s your prerogative. But then don’t pretend to care about ethics and morals—you don’t have any.

Number three on the list (Bonespurs and scruffy) that believes our dead service members were losers and suckers. So sad to see them denigrate our veterans like that. So sad.
Meh. They’re both pieces of shit. Pieces of shit do what pieces of shit do.

Everyone gets what’s coming to them sooner or later.

Reactions: KFsdisciple
Has he/she/they/them promised to leave HROT if Trump loses? And, not come back on any of the other dozens of existing or new alts?
Yeah, he has shared that he and @GOHOX69 have a bet that if Harris wins, Scruffy is gone, but if Trump wins, GOHOX is gone.

We all know Scruffy will just come back under some alt handle. I feel, with a high level of certainty, that he is some sort of paid troll because his posts lately have just become increasingly frequent and antagonistic.

Reactions: NoleATL and GOHOX69
If you know good and well how much of a piece of shit Trump is and you still vote for him, that’s your prerogative. But then don’t pretend to care about ethics and morals—you don’t have any.
I'd have a lot more respect for Trump voters if they'd just be honest: "I'm not a Christian, I don't give a $hit about morality, I don't care that Trump's a felon and that he only cares about himself. I just don't want those Demorats in office who want to let all the brown people in and cut off kid's weiners." If MAGAs would just come out with it, at least we could have an honest conversation. Stop hiding behind morality, ethics and Christian values. It's embarrassing and irritating.

Yeah, he has shared that he and @GOHOX69 have a bet that if Harris wins, Scruffy is gone, but if Trump wins, GOHOX is gone.

We all know Scruffy will just come back under some alt handle. I feel, with a high level of certainty, that he is some sort of paid troll because his posts lately have just become increasingly frequent and antagonistic.
Which is why you use the ignore function.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT