ADVERTISEMENT

AJ and his redshirt

Who’s the bald guy?

b704330c-8b32-4f78-a7c7-bfe88cfdef05_text.gif

You noticed the bald guy.

not that there's anything wrong with that seinfeld GIF by myLAB Box

That’s kind of how I felt reading your initial comment.

You don’t have to post every dumb opinion that comes to your head.
If there weren’t dumb opinions on HR, it would be pretty dull around here. To say AJs potential transfer to Iowa is being met with mixed feelings and strong emotions on both sides would be an understatement. Some are all in and others have some reservations.

Interview with AJ Ferrari Sr. I judged him on looks before and the fact that his eldest Son wrestled for a rival and had antics I didn’t care for.

After watching this interview, I have different feelings and a new found respect for the man. Seems like a great supportive Father. Like he says, kids are kids and they’re growing. He’s trying to lead them in a positive manor (work ethic; mental strength).

Reactions: DeangeloVickers
Interview with AJ Ferrari Sr. I judged him on looks before and the fact that his eldest Son wrestled for a rival and had antics I didn’t care for.

After watching this interview, I have different feelings and a new found respect for the man. Seems like a great supportive Father. Like he says, kids are kids and they’re growing. He’s trying to lead them in a positive manor (work ethic; mental strength).
There is another 30 minute interview with him out there, can’t remember who did it , wasn’t flo. It really did deep dive into him and the methods to his madness since they we were young kids. This official visit had to happen before iron man because the dad shaved his head for that. And he has long hair in these visit pictures.

There is another 30 minute interview with him out there, can’t remember who did it , wasn’t flo. It really did deep dive into him and the methods to his madness since they we were young kids. This official visit had to happen before iron man because the dad shaved his head for that. And he has long hair in these visit pictures.

This is a great catch.

IMHO, this recruiting process is just orchestrated drama. He’s coming to Iowa.

I've had my personal opinions on all this, but the dad seems pretty down to earth in that video. The real entertainment value is watching ISU's wrestling fans' reactions, it's truly priceless, talking about what an embarrassment this will be for the Iowa program, and all the while they have a guy who beat up and choked out his wife wrestling for them at 141, and they love him. Lol. If this does happen, they have to know the beatdowns are just going to get worse.

I've had my personal opinions on all this, but the dad seems pretty down to earth in that video. The real entertainment value is watching ISU's wrestling fans' reactions, it's truly priceless, talking about what an embarrassment this will be for the Iowa program, and all the while they have a guy who beat up and choked out his wife wrestling for them at 141, and they love him. Lol. If this does happen, they have to know the beatdowns are just going to get worse.

All true.

This was their best chance to beat Iowa in many years and they didn’t get it done. It isn’t likely to get any easier than it was this year.

Grades from last semester were back a week ago. So he's gotta go thru the process of getting accepted like everyone else. He can't say he's wrestling for Iowa until he's accepted.
Might be semantics here, but I believe AJ could say he's going to wrestle for Iowa if he chooses anytime he wants to. Him saying he's wrestling for Iowa doesn't hinge on him being accepted. Him actually wrestling for Iowa does though. There have been kids that have committed to Iowa without them telling the staff. Deluca isn't even to the point of applying to Iowa, nor signing with Iowa and he's committed. Maybe not what you meant, but the way I took it none the less. Cassioppi comitted to Northwestern, but couldn't gain acceptance, so hence he's at Iowa as well. Now maybe Iowa asked him to wait to until after he's accepted to announce?

Last edited:
All true.

This was their best chance to beat Iowa in many years and they didn’t get it done. It isn’t likely to get any easier than it was this year.
With or without the Ferraris, Dresser's clown show isn't beating Iowa.
Two years in a row, Kevie found a way to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.
Both times involved their 174.

casey swiderski?

Great interview and he seems like a great father and supporter of other wrestlers including competitors. His comments about Sealy and his family really caught my attention, that was real genuine graditute and respect towards their opponent, which alone tells me a lot about the father. I believe they all will be a successful part of the Hawkeye nation.

Reactions: Rawl
<<I definitely do, but it’s undoubtedly a gamble. Just like Pat Downey was a gamble that never had a chance to play out>>

Downey was gamble with very little risk. His enrollment was conditional and if certain conditions were not met or continued to be met-- he was done, and thats exactly what happened unfortunately.

Reactions: GoHawks1996
I welcome Aj to take his official visits, and I hope he does so wearing all Iowa gear. A cross country tour showing rivals where he’s going. He’s coming to the dark side so might as well fully embrace it.

I welcome Aj to take his official visits, and I hope he does so wearing all Iowa gear. A cross country tour showing rivals where he’s going. He’s coming to the dark side so might as well fully embrace it.
It will be interesting if pictures from some other visits start popping up. The pictures he released from Iowa were old, so he may have all or most visits in, which would make sense considering how soon school starts. I would imagine Rutgers would be his only other consideration because of location.

While we're discussing religion, can any of you Christians please give me some good Bible quotes about pride, humility, and vanity?
Proverbs 16:18 Pride goeth before destruction, and an haughty spirit before a fall.

I don't think senior is a horrible guy. I do think he isn't good at being a disciplinarian. Just pawning off horrible behavior as "youthful learning" is a lame excuse. I am hoping that this TnT experiment works out great for all parties involved. I will be cheering on the Ferraris as long as they stay inline.

While we're discussing religion, can any of you Christians please give me some good Bible quotes about pride, humility, and vanity?
Sure.

Here's the broadest statement on what the Bible says about vanity.

Ecclesiastes 12:6–8, 13 - Remember Him before the silver cord is broken and the golden bowl is crushed, the pitcher by the well is shattered and the wheel at the cistern is crushed; then the dust will return to the earth as it was, and the spirit will return to God who gave it. “Vanity of vanities,” says the Preacher, “all is vanity!” . . . The conclusion, when all has been heard, is: fear God and keep His commandments, because this applies to every person.
And here's a couple more broad statements on the prideful who needed humbled.

Isaiah 66:2 - “For My hand made all these things, Thus all these things came into being,” declares the Lord. “But to this one I will look, To him who is humble and contrite of spirit, and who trembles at My word."

Luke 12:16–21 - And He told them a parable, saying, “The land of a certain rich man was very productive. “And he began reasoning to himself, saying, ‘What shall I do, since I have no place to store my crops?’ “And he said, ‘This is what I will do: I will tear down my barns and build larger ones, and there I will store all my grain and my goods. ‘And I will say to my soul, “Soul, you have many goods laid up for many years to come; take your ease, eat, drink and be merry.”’ “But God said to him, ‘You fool! This very night your soul is required of you; and now who will own what you have prepared?’ “So is the man who lays up treasure for himself, and is not rich toward God.”

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT