ADVERTISEMENT

AJ Ferrari committed to Cal State Bakersfield

If one has a hard on for more than 4 hours they should seek medical attention. I believe you have had one for more than a year.
Jim Carrey Chance GIF

I have not seen anybody that loves himself as much as AJ since Thunder lips from Rocky, but if he keeps himself out of trouble for the entire season, and does well, there will be a big market for him.
Will Iowa in the bidding… who knows!
That’s what I was wondering. I have a feeling TnT were up to the challenge of having him on the team, under extreme discipline, like they did with Desantos, and tried to do with PD3. I think the new athletic director made this call, but allowed him to announce it in a way that looked like his decision. I wondered if she was willing to give him a year at another program to prove himself, then would let TnT work with him next year if all went well ??? We found a good but expensive 1 year rental, but then are face with a slightly undersized true freshman who will be a bit of a project as our only option. Ross is the only big name upper weight we are going after, and he will be a small heavyweight if he even wrestles.

Reactions: Grip220
That’s what I was wondering. I have a feeling TnT were up to the challenge of having him on the team, under extreme discipline, like they did with Desantos, and tried to do with PD3. I think the new athletic director made this call, but allowed him to announce it in a way that looked like his decision. I wondered if she was willing to give him a year at another program to prove himself, then would let TnT work with him next year if all went well ??? We found a good but expensive 1 year rental, but then are face with a slightly undersized true freshman who will be a bit of a project as our only option. Ross is the only big name upper weight we are going after, and he will be a small heavyweight if he even wrestles.
AJ will continue to be AJ, imo. That juice ain’t worth the squeeze and never will be. Too much possible downside. Every other major program seems to have learned from the Hawk’s mistake on this one, imo. Hopefully WE learned from our error here.

I don't think Ross will be a small HWT. He may only weigh 240ish but it will not be a size issue.

Reactions: Sdwrestler_20
AJ will continue to be AJ, imo. That juice ain’t worth the squeeze and never will be. Too much possible downside. Every other major program seems to have learned from the Hawk’s mistake on this one, imo. Hopefully WE learned from our error here.
Any ideas on what the plan for 197 is next year going forward if the AJ ban is permanent??? Miller is #7 or #8 at 190 in the recent Flo rankings. He’s long and athletic so has potential, but as true freshmen he will have a rough season. Angelo will be lucky to be a good sized 184 next year, and I haven’t heard any talk of going hard after any 197 in the next few classes. You have any ideas what 197 will look like for us in the next 3-4 years?

Any ideas on what the plan for 197 is next year going forward if the AJ ban is permanent??? Miller is #7 or #8 at 190 in the recent Flo rankings. He’s long and athletic so has potential, but as true freshmen he will have a rough season. Angelo will be lucky to be a good sized 184 next year, and I haven’t heard any talk of going hard after any 197 in the next few classes. You have any ideas what 197 will look like for us in the next 3-4 years?
Will prolly have to pluck a well established AA from another team.

Crazy times we live in, Ross is an absolute must get for the Hawkeye’s if he wrestles but with NIL who knows

Dub, you think no major program will be in the bidding for him IF (big IF) he makes it through the season, keeps himself clean from any “trouble” and makes the podium?

Reactions: T8KUDWN
Dub, you think no major program will be in the bidding for him IF (big IF) he makes it through the season, keeps himself clean from any “trouble” and makes the podium?
He’s already made the podium once. And no big program except for Iowa had any interest, apparently.

tom would put tough limits on him.a.j. needs the spotlight and that's where the trouble lies waiting for him

If he makes it thru 1 full season, he will be about ready to explode. The odds are not in his favor to go 2 seasons in a row. JMHO
I would love to be wrong. It would be awesome for him to get it together and become a model (or close to it) citizen.

He’s already made the podium once. And no big program except for Iowa had any interest, apparently.
If he keeps himself out of trouble, keeps the drama to a minimum and places in the top 3 at the National Tournament, the big programs will have interest in him.

Reactions: Libertylover
I have not seen anybody that loves himself as much as AJ since Thunder lips from Rocky, but if he keeps himself out of trouble for the entire season, and does well, there will be a big market for him.
Will Iowa in the bidding… who knows!
I think Hawks would be favored with Angelo on the team. Whether there was bad blood on the departure or Brands a never on a return is yet to be seen. If AJ does well on and off the mat, money will be key and high risk.

I think Hawks would be favored with Angelo on the team. Whether there was bad blood on the departure or Brands a never on a return is yet to be seen. If AJ does well on and off the mat, money will be key and high risk.
I don’t think the Hawks are favored anytime soon. Cael keeps reloading and has nearly half the U20 team. That said, I would definitely enjoy more competitive teams with consistent second place finishes.

• Haha
Reactions: TarpHawk and el dub
I don’t think the Hawks are favored anytime soon. Cael keeps reloading and has nearly half the U20 team. That said, I would definitely enjoy more competitive teams with consistent second place finishes.
My comment was in regards to getting AJ in Iowa City if he stays out of trouble this year.

Top of the podium and then he obviously had lots of issues, you mark my words. If he is top 3 or so with no more problems throughout tgis entire season and school year, there will be several programs that will make offers.

With all due respect to CSB, are the practice partners and coaching at CSB good enough for someone that has wrestled one tournament in I don’t know how long to be a national contender?

Has there ever been another collegiate athlete in any sport who has generated as much controversy and confusion for so long as AJ Ferrari? Honestly, I can't think of one no matter how far I go back.

Reactions: el dub
Angelo will not be "lucky" to be a good sized 184 next year. He's already big enough to hold his own there.

Angelo will not be "lucky" to be a good sized 184 next year. He's already big enough to hold his own there.
That’s good to hear, because I want him to get his 5 matches at 184 this year and not get beat just by getting over powered. I’m alittle surprised because he made 165 easily according to him, at iron man, and doesn’t look like he grew at all since then. Looks alittle thicker, but not 20 lbs thicker.

That’s good to hear, because I want him to get his 5 matches at 184 this year and not get beat just by getting over powered. I’m alittle surprised because he made 165 easily according to him, at iron man, and doesn’t look like he grew at all since then. Looks alittle thicker, but not 20 lbs thicker.
It’s possible that he won’t have to cut much at 184. He just might be that good, hopefully.

It’s possible that he won’t have to cut much at 184. He just might be that good, hopefully.
I’m sure he’s enjoying being on full feed, he said he doesn’t like to cut more than 6 or 7 pounds. Makes the sport more enjoyable, as long as you’re strong enough to not get rag dolled. Spencer supposedly walked around under 125 his first few years, but was the one overpowering everyone.

Reactions: el dub
Tom can take whatever risks or tactics he thinks he needs to win a NC. But, I can choose how to spend my money and give my attention. After that soldier salute debacle, I vowed to never buy Iowa tickets or donate again. I was ready to root for UNI. I’m back on the Hawkeye bus now that AJ is gone. If he comes back, I’ll make a quick exit. I’m just one middle-aged dude and I know Tom doesn’t give a crap whether he has my support, but I’m standing by my values.

Last edited:
Tom can take whatever risks or tactics he thinks he needs to win a NC. But, I can choose how to spend my money and give my attention. After that soldier salute debacle, I vowed to never buy Iowa tickets or donate again. I was ready to root for UNI. If that is what it takes to beat PSU, I’m cool with being second. I’m back on the Hawkeye bus now that AJ is gone. If he comes back, I’ll make a quick exit. I’m just one middle-aged dude and I know Tom doesn’t give a crap whether he has my support, but I’m standing by my values.

He actually can’t. Be thankful he has an adult for a boss.

Tom can take whatever risks or tactics he thinks he needs to win a NC. But, I can choose how to spend my money and give my attention. After that soldier salute debacle, I vowed to never buy Iowa tickets or donate again. I was ready to root for UNI. I’m back on the Hawkeye bus now that AJ is gone. If he comes back, I’ll make a quick exit. I’m just one middle-aged dude and I know Tom doesn’t give a crap whether he has my support, but I’m standing by my values.
Good to know we have rock solids fans like you🤙

Barf-

Stay on the bus. Don't let a single person allow you to ditch your lifelong team for someone else. That's ridiculous

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT