ADVERTISEMENT

AJ Ferrari committed to Cal State Bakersfield

I love Ross but his injury to the same shoulder again is troubling. I'd take him in a heartbeat but you better be thinking about an insurance policy (backup) to go along with his talent.
It was the same injury the whole time . He tried giving it rest and getting it stronger hoping that would help. And it didn't work and he needed surgery. It's not like he injured a fixed shoulder a 2nd time

I think it might be time for the big guy to choose a sport(wrestling).The level he is going to could cause stress x2.and it would all be tom's fault.

It was the same injury the whole time . He tried giving it rest and getting it stronger hoping that would help. And it didn't work and he needed surgery. It's not like he injured a fixed shoulder a 2nd time
This is what I thought, I had total dislocation and major shoulder surgery back in the day and tried to wrestle through before I actually got the surgery. I wish I had got the surgery right away and missed football season, I would have been much better off. He will be ready for the NCAA when the time comes, treatment is much better nowadays

I'm not sure that he was involved in as many incidents in college and for as long as Ferrari, but your point is well taken. Phillips was extremely violent and dangerous. Really bad news.

While in college, Phillips was charged with three different assaults, including the last one where he beat up his ex-girlfriend and drug her down three flights of stairs by her hair.

While in college, Phillips was charged with three different assaults, including the last one where he beat up his ex-girlfriend and drug her down three flights of stairs by her hair.
Yes - incredibly he was even worse in the pros and after. And it all ended with murder and suicide so clearly his mayhem was on a completely different level.
The point I meant to make was that Ferrari has been keeping things lively since 2020 - which is longer than most disruptive college athletes last - and given the eligibility he has left (not sure what that is) it may go on much longer if he can limit his antics to the merely bizarre rather than the clearly criminal.

The guys on Flo hinted he could transfer after this year if things go well. Do you think Iowa would give him a chance if he had a good year on and off the mat?? We will be in the market for a 197 next year
Really? The universe and wrestling gods grant Iowa two stunning gifts, Angelo staying, and his malignant brothers leaving. But if AJ makes high AA for CSB, you would divert future NIL-bucks from tier-1 recruits, retention of Hawks who excel, and irresistible portal jewels, to instead pay to reintroduce a team-eating cancer?
Fine, but maybe ask yourself why all of Iowa’s rivals hope you get that wish.

Really? The universe and wrestling gods grant Iowa two stunning gifts, Angelo staying, and his malignant brothers leaving. But if AJ makes high AA for CSB, you would divert future NIL-bucks from tier-1 recruits, retention of Hawks who excel, and irresistible portal jewels, to instead pay to reintroduce a team-eating cancer?
Careful what you wish for.

Reactions: Libertylover
Is he really still a “cancer” if he stays clean the entire year at CSB and finishes top 3? I know there is so much hate, with some of it justified, but it’s not like he wouldn’t have had to show he can stay completely out of trouble AND still be an elite wrestler.

I really don’t care if he ends up back at Iowa or not. But, I have no issues kicking the tires again, IFFFFFF he somehow does what many on here believe he can’t and stays clean for a full year and shows he is the best out there at the weight.

That is a giant “IF” and IF he is as bad as many of you think he is, that “IF” should take care of itself and he wouldn’t even reach the criteria above to even worry about it…

If we had Mirisola waiting in the wings, I could agree with you. Since you do have him, it’s easy for you to say.

Reactions: HikeNatParks
Is he really still a “cancer” if he stays clean the entire year at CSB and finishes top 3? I know there is so much hate, with some of it justified, but it’s not like he wouldn’t have had to show he can stay completely out of trouble AND still be an elite wrestler.

I really don’t care if he ends up back at Iowa or not. But, I have no issues kicking the tires again, IFFFFFF he somehow does what many on here believe he can’t and stays clean for a full year and shows he is the best out there at the weight.

That is a giant “IF” and IF he is as bad as many of you think he is, that “IF” should take care of itself and he wouldn’t even reach the criteria above to even worry about it…
I flip and flop. Initially hated AJ ever getting another NCAA chance, then softened on him joining Hawks, then hardened after SS, then softened again after CSB granted their shot (his last?). Even now, I hope any comeback falls short, preferably with two Philly losses to any combo of a Lion, Glazier, or Buchanan.
They say age brings wisdom. For me, it only brought ‘cranky.’ :rolleyes:

Reactions: johnyt9 and el dub
I'm sure he got a very large deal . I heard of st least 400 k per year deals at psu from a reputable person. But just last week I heard Ben Askren saying not too many people are getting big NL deals , maybe like 20 guys in the country. Then I started thinking about what I heard about Penn State and thought no there has to be more than that. So what kind of deal does a potential 5x guy command ?
Star is willing to put up 300k and some want to pretend he’s not getting a huge bag to come back.

Star is willing to put up 300k and some want to pretend he’s not getting a huge bag to come back.
Didn’t he say he got 1.3 million? I know he was cocky about being the highest paid wrestler by far. AJ has had the few SS matches in the last 2 years, Carter’s been working with Brooks the last 5 years😄😄. Plus, there is no way he makes 190, I’m surprised he doesn’t have to cut off an arm to make 197. I didn’t recognize Star, looks more gangster off the mat. When we wrestle them at PSU this year, do you think Brands gets the match, or does he let Angelo see if he can keep it to a regular decision like he did with Gabe and Plott last year? Obviously Star is much better than Plott.

Reactions: el dub
Willie put it all in one post.

Like Nelson's response.

Smacktalk is one thing but one has to admit that there ar...aww f*ck it, I'm just going to skip to the part where I post the Seinfeld gif:

not that there's anything wrong with that seinfeld GIF by myLAB Box

Willie put it all in one post.

Like Nelson's response.

Smacktalk is one thing but one has to admit that there ar...aww f*ck it, I'm just going to skip to the part where I post the Seinfeld gif:

not that there's anything wrong with that seinfeld GIF by myLAB Box's anything wrong with that seinfeld GIF by myLAB Box
Haha Carter even put the time in to add a pink dildo under the pick of aj doing the splits. I’m not a fan of Carter’s ego, but I can respect good trash talk. This is gonna be tough to respond too, but I bet Aj mentions #665lbdeadlift

All the Penn State fans i see defending Carter's comments sure makes me laugh and shake my head. If Spencer did that we would never hear the end of it

"That's just social media these days"
"AJ started it first"
"Classic Carter, Love it!"

Pissing on people's graves, pink dildos, $300,000 bets, bending dudes over.. Where does it stop? Cael has 0 control over Carter. That has to drive him insane😳

I have a feeling if social media existed when Cael went to college he wouldn't have tweeted anything at all. All these kids looking up at Carter as a role model are getting punked

All the Penn State fans i see defending Carter's comments sure makes me laugh and shake my head. If Spencer did that we would never hear the end of it

"AJ started it first"

Pissing on people's graves, pink dildos, $300,000 bets, bending dudes over.. Where does it stop? Cael has 0 control over Carter. That has to drive him insane😳

I have a feeling if social media existed when Cael went to college he wouldn't have tweeted anything at all. All these kids looking up at Carter as a role model are getting punked

This x 100. The pink dildo? come on man.

The fact that several of you are getting the "vapors" is laughable. Would I do it? NO. Do I want one of our guys doing it? NO. But you have to admit it was damned funny. AJ deserves all the ridicule that is heaped on him.
I though the whole post reeked of some hidden or latent desires and he is constantly mentioning the sexual acts he wants to try ... He is over the edge and For a Man who preaches so much when he is in front of the microphone his social media sure tells a different side. I wouldn't want my high school age wrestlers anywhere near this guy. This was a joke as soon as he invoked the 190lb weight and Maybe he should Go for Mormon route more than the Moran Route and stop having so much F#% with all of his NIL money.

"AJ started it first"

As a psu fan I agree you on this, it’s classless and not a good look for anyone

Right on que Pennstate1985 is here to smooth things out
How did I smooth it out? I wouldn't do it. I don't want our guys doing it. It was funny though.

Too many people take themselves too seriously. I'm sure none of you did anything cringy when you were 22.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT