ADVERTISEMENT

Alternate uniforms won't help us win on Saturday, but an alternate offense would.

Brian Ferentz has been brilliant this season.. I don't think its fair to express hatred for him at this point.
At what point has he been brilliant? The 24 points vs Utah St, or the 13 (you can't count the pick 6) vs Iowa St? Or are you talking about the 39 (not the 2 point safety) vs Western Michigan? Now the real games begin, lets see how brilliant he can be.

At what point has he been brilliant? The 24 points vs Utah St, or the 13 (you can't count the pick 6) vs Iowa St? Or are you talking about the 39 (not the 2 point safety) vs Western Michigan? Now the real games begin, lets see how brilliant he can be.
How about the pass plays he called that were wide open that Cade just missed. Sometimes you can call the best play possible , but the players still have to execute. I know that does not fit the narative of all the genius playcallers on this site. That might be why you are doing what you are doing and not calling plays in a football game. But keep up your faforite pass time of Whining!

Brian Ferentz has been brilliant this season.. I don't think its fair to express hatred for him at this point.
oh yea... I hope they get hurt... real bad.
Same dude who claimed Iowa’s radio broadcast team is “best in the business” also says the OC of one of the poorest performing offenses in the country is having a “brilliant” season, then tops it off with wishing injuries in our opponent.

I seriously don’t know what else to say except “Wow.”

How about the pass plays he called that were wide open that Cade just missed. Sometimes you can call the best play possible , but the players still have to execute. I know that does not fit the narative of all the genius playcallers on this site. That might be why you are doing what you are doing and not calling plays in a football game. But keep up your faforite pass time of Whining!
If his daddy were the coach he just might be. You make it sound like BF actually earned his present position.

Reactions: Here_4_a_Day
This is correct, but at some point it ceases to become a player issue, does it not?

Reactions: ClarindaA's
Or maybe because my daddy isn't the head coach, and your boy BF would've been fired at any other university if his daddy wasn't the head coach.

The OC is responsible for both recruiting & developing players that can make the plays he calls, and calling only plays his players can execute.

Pretty much EVERYTHING that can go wrong on the offensive side of the ball is the Brian's responsibility.

• Haha
Reactions: doughuddl2
There are 4 options. 2 are good. 2 are bad.

1. Flashy offense and win.
2. Flashy offense and lose.
3. Boring offense and win.
4. Boring offense and lose.

I would prefer #1. But I will take #3 over #2.
This isn’t a matter of boring vs. exciting; it’s a question of inept vs. effective.

I’m sure most Iowa fans would be just fine with an effective offense that wasn’t flashy. However, that isn’t what we’ve had most of the time under our current OC. We’ve generally had boring and hapless — taken to the extreme over the past couple of years, when we’ve had boring and quite literally virtually the worst in the nation.

Iowa fans don’t want or need some glitzy air raid scheme putting up 50 points a game. We simply want an offense capable of moving the ball consistently and scoring enough that our top-notch defense and special teams can be rewarded with the number of wins they deserve. We haven’t had that for quite some time.

Last edited:
Your boy has a total offense that is currently ranked 119th out of 130.

The plays have been there for the taking this year. QB1 just needs to get out of his own head and take them. The OC hasn't been the problem at all.

Reactions: F5n5
nice... so somebody that supports the coaches and players on the team is a "troll" ?
Senile.

Living in an alternate universe.

Dumb.

Dementia patient.

Brian’s mom.

^^^ All of these could be true. At least one of them IS true.

I won’t say he’s been brilliant, but I will say there haven’t been as many plays/concepts where I couldn’t even figure out WHAT he was thinking.

still not a great play caller, but I did think it was a positive step last week when BF recognized Cade was having a bad day, WMU couldn’t stop the run game, so he leaned on the running game in the 2nd half - the “scratch where it itches” philosophy. Historically, that’s not been something he has been good at.

This isn’t a matter of boring vs. exciting; it’s a question of inept vs. effective.

I’m sure most Iowa fans would be just fine with an effective offense that wasn’t flashy. However, that isn’t what we’ve had most of the time under our current OC. We’ve generally had boring and hapless — taken to the extreme over the past couple of years, when we’ve had boring and quite literally virtually the worst in the nation.

Iowa fans don’t want or need some glitzy air raid scheme putting up 50 points a game. We simply want an offense capable of moving the ball consistently and scoring enough that our top-notch defense and special teams can be rewarded with the number of wins they deserve. We haven’t had that for quite some time.

You hit the nail on the head. This is the nuance that I missed. I would enjoy watching the OFF more if we had an ability to not look inept. The painfulness of watching us play on that end with 2 other phases that are dominant hurts.

Senile.

Living in an alternate universe.

Dumb.

Dementia patient.

Brian’s mom.

^^^ All of these could be true. At least one of them IS true.
This is the same guy that posted his hopes that Penn State players get injured.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT