ADVERTISEMENT

Angel Reese Appreciation Thread

It would be funny if CC approached, tied, or broke AR's DD record, she's currently at 5. Would love to see all her haters like McNutt, Swoopes, Staley, etc. pivot and find some other new reason AR deserves RoY.
She only needs two more games to break the double double (with points and assists) streak in the WNBA…so that would put that argument to bed.

Don't knock Angel! Give her a break - her 2 ft jumper just wasn't falling for her today!
I just watched the highlights…she got her 7th and 8th points from the foul line with 8 minutes left in the third quarter. So she went the rest of the third and all of the fourth without scoring a point….i guess the dawg in her must have taken the day off.

Right now, the Fever are up on the Sky by a half game. If the Sky end up above Indiana, then they'll use the "Better record" to justify it maybe?
So Indiana has 16 games left, Chicago 17.

Of Chicago’s 17, 8 are home and 9 are away. Their 9 road games are at Vegas (twice), at Minnesota (twice), at Connecticut (twice), at Phoenix, at Atlanta, and at LA. Their 17 remaining opponents have a collective record of 193-194.

Of Indiana’s 16, 9 are home and 7 are away. Their 7 road games are at Minnesota (twice), at Chicago, at Atlanta, at Dallas (twice), and at Washington. Their 16 remaining opponents have a collective record of 162-194.

I guess I should be careful what I say based on last Wednesday’s abomination, but I will be shocked if the Fever don’t finish at least a couple games up on Chicago at the end.

And here’s what I don’t hear anyone say. Indiana won 13 games last year. Chicago won 18. The Fever need to win just 4 of their final 16 to finish better than they did a year ago. Chicago needs to win 9 of their final 17 to avoid finishing worse.

The Indiana Fever are a better basketball team this year than last, and they are a better basketball team because of Caitlin Clark.

The Chicago Sky are no better this year than they were last, and they might even end up being worse.

I would say it’s mind blowing that this isn’t being pointed out, except that we all know the reasons why it isn’t.

So Indiana has 16 games left, Chicago 17.

Of Chicago’s 17, 8 are home and 9 are away. Their 9 road games are at Vegas (twice), at Minnesota (twice), at Connecticut (twice), at Phoenix, at Atlanta, and at LA. Their 17 remaining opponents have a collective record of 193-194.

Of Indiana’s 16, 9 are home and 7 are away. Their 7 road games are at Minnesota (twice), at Chicago, at Atlanta, at Dallas (twice), and at Washington. Their 16 remaining opponents have a collective record of 162-194.

I guess I should be careful what I say based on last Wednesday’s abomination, but I will be shocked if the Fever don’t finish at least a couple games up on Chicago at the end.

And here’s what I don’t hear anyone say. Indiana won 13 games last year. Chicago won 18. The Fever need to win just 4 of their final 16 to finish better than they did a year ago. Chicago needs to win 9 of their final 17 to avoid finishing worse.

The Indiana Fever are a better basketball team this year than last, and they are a better basketball team because of Caitlin Clark.

The Chicago Sky are no better this year than they were last, and they might even end up being worse.

I would say it’s mind blowing that this isn’t being pointed out, except that we all know the reasons why it isn’t.
Nice report. All that the players need now is a coach who will take some accountability and not toss her players under a bus. I have to admit from what I've seen lately, is that the players are adjusting to Clark's passes, although they can improve on finishing better and stronger after receiving those. But, I think they are doing a better job of it. I see some improvement overall, but the coach needs to stop blaming the players as much as she does and take a little responsibility for how the offense and defense is being run. Substitutions are important, in-game, and sliding CC to the 2 guard is not a good idea, especially if your backup is not good in that role.
Recipe for success: Keep winning. Let Clark be at the point whenever she's in. Keeping my fingers crossed. ;)

I feel like black female hoops analysts (i.e. Angel Reese fans) are gaslighting America. It's less a sickness and more of a sadness.

Angel was literally BEGGING for the ball when her team was down 14 points with 10 seconds to go 😂 so she could keep her meaningless streak going. This was the most obvious case of stat padding I'd ever seen. That or the highlight from a game or two ago when she magically got to shoot free throws as time expired so she could have 10 and 10. Laughable.

Then these black ethnocentrists have the gall to say Caitlin was trying to break a FRANCHISE record by passing to Aliyah before the shot clock ran out.

Please answer this: Do any of you Hawkeye fans see this? Do you notice? Do the brazen racial alliances go over your head?

This will be the level of discourse you can expect if you immerse yourself enough in the pig pen known as the WNBA community, which is essentially Black Nationalism + White Hatred.

I feel like black female hoops analysts (i.e. Angel Reese fans) are gaslighting America. It's less a sickness and more of a sadness.

Angel was literally BEGGING for the ball when her team was down 14 points with 10 seconds to go 😂 so she could keep her meaningless streak going. This was the most obvious case of stat padding I'd ever seen. That or the highlight from a game or two ago when she magically got to shoot free throws as time expired so she could have 10 and 10. Laughable.

Then these black ethnocentrists have the gall to say Caitlin was trying to break a FRANCHISE record by passing to Aliyah before the shot clock ran out.

Please answer this: Do any of you Hawkeye fans see this? Do you notice? Do the brazen racial alliances go over your head?

This will be the level of discourse you can expect if you immerse yourself enough in the pig pen known as the WNBA community, which is essentially Black Nationalism + White Hatred.
You’re spot on. Been very clear since the beginning of the season. I do think it’s slowly, ever so slowly, swinging.

Exactly, you and I both know this is REALLY happening. A lot of people have their heads in the sand or know it's happening but think it's okay because the certain group we are talking about have been oppressed in their eyes so it this is just a little payback and they are fine with it

Even a few in the media who have even a thread of common sense are coming around that this whole Angel Reese thing is manufactured.....
Dan Patrick has been in Caitlin’s corner the whole time. I think Colin cowherd too, and obviously mcafee. Frankly, it seems like most mainstream sports talk dudes think Caitlin is the most deserving. It appears to me that it is women and W journalists who are pushing AR.

3-13 shooting, for someone who camps out under the basket that is epically bad

Back to this metrics thing that “ESPN” has decided is relevant. Angels TS% (true shooting %) is 47.6 not epically horrible for a guard per se, most of the elites are higher, but for a PF it’s abominable, way worse than the top 20 interior players. Caitlin you ask, 57%, top tier for guards especially.

Their comparable eFG% (effective field goal %) is 40.6 to 51.3😂 and I have to confess I didn’t know much about any of that until about a week ago when I got super tired of them talking about how all of Angels metrics are better, so I did an educational dive.

And this PIE (player impact estimate) which they compare all the time to other “rookies“. They don’t go on to say that numbers for guards are always lower as is the case in several of these stats and so they say Angels are better than Caitlin’s, but positionally they’re not even capable of being compared.

For example ARs is now 12.9 (it’s been falling) Aja Wilson is 23.5 #1, Stewart’s 17, #5
The 1st guard Sabrina is 13.9, #13, CC 12.6, #28th and been going up.

From a quick glance of, who is a G & who is a F/C there are like 3, 4 maybe five guards ahead of CC. Sabrina, Carter, McBride & maybe one more. A few of them are 61/62 combo Fs the rest are 6-3 to 6-7…. I mean, holy misleading stat Batman. Why in the hell would they not add that, I actually had to look it up, how in the hell can you compare the PIE of a forward to a guard. Reese is 23rd. She’s on the very low end of the top twentyish F/Cs

But they’re both rookies so we’re going to give AR credit for having a higher PIE ranking?! That’s almost criminal deceit, at the least highly disingenuous. This narrative is so concocted it’s hard not to be a little bitter about the obvious attempt to push one girl up. I don’t know if it’s racial, jealousy, pettiness. Maybe it’s to create drama, therefore interest, therefore higher ratings.

Hell I honestly don’t know, but it’s there.

Now for what it’s worth I have found out while Web-crawling. There is a pretty significant & growing narrative out there from people that just appear to be basic WNBA or basketball fans that the WNBA has always been forward – center heavy and people are realizing there is a stigma against guards besides it being CC involved. Call it the silent majority, they are seeing this bullshit, now I don’t know how this thing ends but of note. There has only been like one guard DT in an absolutely epic year meaning it took an epic year as a guard to win an MVP in the last 20 years.

Again, it’s an absolute crazy ass hard to believe scenario. And I apologize for the rant. I’ve posted these stats many times already but it’s just so insane. I almost have to keep repeating it out loud to believe it’s true, because they bandy about these metrics like oh well, ARs got a clear “metric” advantage, it’s effing bullshit!

Hell, I’m beginning to wonder if Vegas isn’t involved I mean they have the odds spread so far apart. It’s hard to believe they would even get money on AR so maybe they’re helping to keep this alive trying to suck money and I don’t know, but they clearly don’t want people betting on Clark, I mean an $800 bet makes you $100 right now 😱

Reactions: GHawk
Could this be why Carter is in the dawghouse? Carter was dribbling out the game when all others stopped playing, except AR. AR was calling for the ball, Carter looked at her, then passed off to another player, who then passed it to AR. After AR was fouled, all other players congratulated AR except Carter. That’s my conspiracy thinking for the day.

I just watched the highlights…she got her 7th and 8th points from the foul line with 8 minutes left in the third quarter. So she went the rest of the third and all of the fourth without scoring a point….i guess the dawg in her must have taken the day off.
Seemingly until the last 25 seconds of the game.

Reactions: cmhawks99
I'm a softy when it comes to overlooking people's flaws, but as Michele Obama famously said, "When people show you who they are, believe them."

Angel has

1. Taunted Clark in shameless fashion after winning a title
2. Openly celebrated her cheap take down from Chennedy
3. Calls herself a dawg in one breath and a victim in the other
4. Knocked out Caitlin on a flagrant
5. Pads stats to keep her name in the headlines
6. Goes out of her way to self-promote that she's also the reason for interest in the league.

I don't think you can spin any one of those examples into a positive.

tl;dr: Angel sucks. I'm hoping she matures one day to become a worthy rival of Clark, but I am not counting on it based on her behavior.

Reese is averaging fewer points than Clark, and all that she does is rebound. She doesn't deserve a shot a ROY at this point. Oh, and she's averaging 1.8 assists.

Angel was literally BEGGING for the ball when her team was down 14 points with 10 seconds to go 😂 so she could keep her meaningless streak going.
There is footage out there showing that Reese took steps on her last possession, as she was heavily guarded.. Moved both feet multiple times. Two officials looked right at the play, but swallowed their whistle. Figures.

Reactions: ddeanHawk

You left out LGBTQ.

Current Per Game Stat Rankings:

CC
Points - 13
Rebounds - 19
Assists - 1
Steals - 11
Blocks - 14
TOs - 1

AR
Points - 24
Rebounds - 2