ADVERTISEMENT

Any pbp for WTT?

High school teenager was one brain fart away from senior wtt finals at heavyweight. Yikes!

I think with the pace/attack rate he had in the 2nd he would have comeback against anybody other than the Coon/Nelson types that are massive even for hwt and rarely taken down. A year or 2 from now he finishes on those dudes.

Of the returning hwts Stoll definitely has the best chance to beat him because that girth and underhook can slow the match down. But Gable's gonna have to be pinned to be beaten next year imo.
Agreed. Stoll can push him out. That is Gable's work needed and Stoll's Greco attack. Big fan of both.

Man USA sure has some good young guys. Fix, Zahid, Reenan, Hall and of course Spencer Lee. We are going to have some great domestic wrestling to watch in the next few years as well as kicking some foreign butt.

What is with Fix and Deiringer with the wild hair? Is that an OSU thing? You think maybe dieringer would be able to pull a move out of all that hair. Or at least a rabbit or something.

Last edited:
To to hang up the shoes Tony. It was over when you got on 80 Eastbound
I don't think 80 Eastbound had anything to do with it. Tony won the weight when it was relatively weak in the USA. Now it has Gilman, Lee, and Fix. Ramos was not able to win internationally at a consistent level. Nothing against the Ramos. No shame in his career. He made 2 world teams. He is just not the best guy out there now. Had Gilman or Fix or Lee been around and as good as they are now, he would not have made the 2 teams he did.
It is great to see him handling himself with class these days. My guess is he will be a pretty good coach.

I got your slurpee hanging son.
At Penn State, they usually take that slurpee from behind, just sayin.... Guys like jschrantz are the kind of guys that I like to embarrass in front of their ladies. Arrogant little pussies that think they are better than everybody else.. Who gives ONE SHIT if Nico is an investment banker, it didn't keep him from getting his ass handed to him today.

Just got done watching some matches of interest from this weekend...

I watched Marinellis match vs Lewis. Marinellis only problem is he's still getting outmuscled when he gets to a leg/legs. He gets fed hips too easily. If he can hold on to even half those holds he dominates that dude. Still think he would in folk. Plus that dude was HUGE compared to Alex!

I also watched Murin vs Nick Lee. Murin is right there. Has some super heavy hands and snaps for a '41lber. I think If Murin doesn't have to split time with Turk, he will probably score more 3rd period points than anyone on the team. You better be in phenomenal shape or have at least a 4-5 point lead going into the 3rd against him. That match actually solidified my thoughts on him even though he lost.

Both are just pups on the freestyle scene as well.

I should add I thought Marinelli got hosed as well. On the caution and 1 ten seconds into the 2nd period and I thought Marinelli had that 2 as time expired. Did we not a have a challenge left there??

Watched Warner also... Jesus Harold that kid is an absolute animal. Wrestles like a '74. Moves his opponents wherever he wants. He has lapses where he kinda shuts down though. He needs to fully get it between the ears and he'll be unstoppable. The staff needs to get him to wrestle with a chip on his shoulder, IMHO. And still looks like he's carrying baby fat, btw. I think he's still physically maturing which is pretty damn scary.

I also watched Ramos vs Fix and me thinks Gilman may be trouble. Holy hell would Fix ever look good in Black and Gold. The kid is a dynamo and still getting better... Rapidly. I agree with those that think Fix won’t dominate in folk quite like he does in free, but still expect him to have a Lee like impact at NCAAs next year.

Unreal young talent in USA wrestling right now! Lee, Fix, Yianni, McKenna, Eierman, Retheford, Martinez, Nolf, Reenan, Nickal, Warner, Stevesen, and a bunch of other names I’m forgetting. Super duper fun time to be a fan.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT