ADVERTISEMENT

Are you disappointed in family members who are Trump voters?

I haven’t heard the term “darkie” since the early and mid 1970s in Miami. The people uttering the term then were, at the time, extremely old.
My SIL still says "colored" all the time and my wife has called her out on it, but then she says she doesn't feel right saying "Black" because hardly any of them are really black, most are lighter browns, so colored seems more appropriate and less demeaning. She calls babies/toddlers "pickaninnies." Like "Did you see that pickaninny at the store? She was so cute!" Born and raised central Iowa, not sure where that all came from.

• Wow
Reactions: TC Nole OX
Yes, they’re still good people. Which is why I don’t understand their votes for Trump. It’s inconsistent.
I don't talk politics with my family as a rule. But the topic came up the week up the Trump shooting and to say that I was disappointed was an understatement. I had women in my family that I knew had been assaulted by bosses at work telling me that Trump wasn't a sleezeball and that you can't believe the 20 women who have accused him of assault. I had my father, a man who put 26 years in the military tell me that he doesn't care what Putin does and that he could take all of Europe for all he cares.
We don't post photos of my daughter and her GF because of what my wife's parents would say.
I find it all very sad to see what happened to these people.

I don't talk politics with my family as a rule. But the topic came up the week up the Trump shooting and to say that I was disappointed was an understatement. I had women in my family that I knew had been assaulted by bosses at work telling me that Trump wasn't a sleezeball and that you can't believe the 20 women who have accused him of assault. I had my father, a man who put 26 years in the military tell me that he doesn't care what Putin does and that he could take all of Europe for all he cares.
We don't post photos of my daughter and her GF because of what my wife's parents would say.
I find it all very sad to see what happened to these people.
Sorry.
My dad is slipping and my mom has expressed that if she doesn’t get him going he’ll just hang out watching FOXNews. His buddies he goes to breakfast with are even worse. I am worried what’s to come.

I haven’t even addressed the LGBTQ issues… our evangelical Trump supporter family members make comments like praying for XYZ to get through this phase and become straight again, stuff like that. 🤦🏻‍♂️

My SIL still says "colored" all the time and my wife has called her out on it, but then she says she doesn't feel right saying "Black" because hardly any of them are really black, most are lighter browns, so colored seems more appropriate and less demeaning. She calls babies/toddlers "pickaninnies." Like "Did you see that pickaninny at the store? She was so cute!" Born and raised central Iowa, not sure where that all came from.
I recall a black comedian (may have been early Chapelle) saying white people turn red when they get a sunburn, brown if they’re out enough, black and blue when they bruise and pale when they get sick… and they call US “colored”?

Ok, thanks for your input.

This is not about disagreeing on policy. I don’t care if people vote Republican. I was one myself until Trump came on the scene.

I fully admit I do judge people for being Trump supporters, especially in 2024.

I do question what the heck happened to people who love a guy who cracks jokes about someone being killed at one of his rallies a couple weeks ago (as just one recent example).

I am disappointed in people who continually excuse what an absolute POS Trump is.

Guilty as charged.
You ever stop & consider people aren't necessarily voting " for " Trump,
the fact may be more in line of voting against all of the nonsense that the dems are pushing such as DEI, LGBTQI activism, open border policies, no cash bail, taking away gun rights, no voter ID & using abortion as birth control?

the fact may be more in line of voting against all of the nonsense that the dems are pushing such as DEI, LGBTQI activism, open border policies, no cash bail, taking away gun rights, no voter ID & using abortion as birth control?
None of that is worth having that guy in the White House.

And you guys could’ve had some other candidate and achieved the same goals without Trump. I’m specifically talking about this cultish love for Donald Trump.

Sorry.
My dad is slipping and my mom has expressed that if she doesn’t get him going he’ll just hang out watching FOXNews. His buddies he goes to breakfast with are even worse. I am worried what’s to come.

I haven’t even addressed the LGBTQ issues… our evangelical Trump supporter family members make comments like praying for XYZ to get through this phase and become straight again, stuff like that. 🤦🏻‍♂️
They watch Fox all day every day. To the point where my wife doesn't like going to Tahoe because my parents will be there with Fox on volume 85 all day.
They live nearby and I go over fairly often to fix the tv or irrigation or just to visit. First thing I do when I get there is mute the TV.
My folks are ok with my daughter but we don't talk about it with my wife's family. Her brother has a son who is all about guns and jesus. Worked at a shooting range..until he nearly walked in front of the shooters because he feels guilty about his 'feelings'. His family makes lots of gay jokes....they're just jokes!!! Until your kid walks in front of shooters.

Super Troopers Yes GIF by Searchlight Pictures

Stalin - Before the dissolution of the Soviet Union and the archival revelations, some historians estimated that the numbers killed by Stalin's regime were 20 million or higher
Mao - Mao's policies were responsible for a vast number of deaths, with estimates ranging from 40 to 80 million victims due to starvation, persecution, prison labour, and mass executions
Pol Pot - Estimates range from 1.5 to 3 million people/citizens of Cambodia having died at the hands of the Khmer Rouge, with the consensus being approximately 2 million, nearly 25% of Cambodia's population in 1975 ( c. 7.8 million).
Kahn - estimated to have killed 40-60 million people (11% of the worlds population at that time)
Hitler - 19.3 million killed
Idi Amin - 500,000 killed
Leopold II - 10 million killed
In the US - Andrew Jackson's forced migrations were the direct cause of up to 16,000 Native American deaths and a slave owner.
Roosevelt imprisons 122,000 Japanese Americans solely due to their race during WWII

I could add in current political leaders who have/are allowing genocide to take place if you like. Is Trump really worse than Putin? Than Jinping, than Kim Jong Un? And many more.

But we all have opinions and the right to have that opinion. I would certainly disagree with your thoughts on this one. I would also disagree that 'not conceding a legitimate election differentiates us from the world". I might be misunderstanding what you meant by this.
I assume he was speaking to American politics. Trump is the only nominee that I know of that tried to overturn the results of an election. No big deal though.

Do any of you ask the Trumpkins if it bothers them that Trump tried to overthrow the 2020 election after he lost?

Hell, it's on YouTube.

Could stupid republican phucks ever realize they could have fought all those boogeymen with Nikki Haley? Or Ron DeHamburgler?

This is not about disagreeing on policy. I don’t care if people vote Republican. I was one myself until Trump came on the scene.

I do question what the heck happened to people who love a guy who cracks jokes about someone being killed at one of his rallies a couple weeks ago (as just one recent example).

I am disappointed in people who continually excuse what an absolute POS Trump is.

Guilty as charged.
I'm going to take a shot here and before i get killed for it I'm not defending Trump.

IMO he is a POS and if a person defends him at every turn and believes everything he says then I agree that person is stupid on their own merit.

Now on the flip side of Trump we've had MSNBC, CNN, Tech, and the actual f'n White House tell us everyday for 3.5 years that Biden is sharp and we are stupid for questioning it until they couldn't hide it anymore. Now for a week or two they've expected us to forget Kamala's awful approval rating, prosecution record, disastrous border, and the fact she didn't make Iowa in 2019 and say she is great and we need to back her.

They talk directly to the American public like we are stupid(some are) and I think people back Trump as a big FU to the government. Now FoxNews is guilty of this also but 2>1

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: WSC72 and BelemNole
I'm going to take a shot here and before i get killed for it I'm not defending Trump.

IMO he is a POS and if a person defends him at every turn and believes everything he says then I agree that person is stupid on their own merit.

Now on the flip side of Trump we've had MSNBC, CNN, Tech, and the actual f'n White House tell us everyday for 3.5 years that Biden is sharp and we are stupid for questioning it until they couldn't hide it anymore. Now for a week or two they've expected us to forget Kamala's awful approval rating, prosecution record, disastrous border, and the fact she didn't make Iowa in 2019 and say she is great and we need to back her.

They talk directly to the American public like we are stupid(some are) and I think people back Trump as a big FU to the government. Now FoxNews is guilty of this also but 2>1
People who say they aren't defending Trump, but then trash the other side sure look like they defend Trump.

My take on Biden is that I knew he was old. Even so, much better than Trump. I know Harris is unproven, but much better than Trump.

I agree that Trump voters really are hoping to damage the government and this country.

People who say they aren't defending Trump, but then trash the other side sure look like they defend Trump.

My take on Biden is that I knew he was old. Even so, much better than Trump. I know Harris is unproven, but much better than Trump.

I agree that Trump voters really are hoping to damage the government and this country.
That a shot at me?
Both sides get trashed on here everyday. This thread is about Trump supporters and I gave my take on why maybe some nonMAGAs will vote for him. Sorry if I ruffled some feathers.

Support for Trump, including from some of my relatives, will always be a mystery to me. Here's a person that tried to overturn the results of an election. He basically gave a middle finger to one of the most sacrosanct tenants of our government - a free and fair election and the acceptance of the results. This would have been an automatic disqualification 15-20 years by practically every eligible voter in the country. Unfortunately, that's not the case now.

Support for Trump, including from some of my relatives, will always be a mystery to me. Here's a person that tried to overturn the results of an election. He basically gave a middle finger to one of the most sacrosanct tenants of our government - a free and fair election and the acceptance of the results. This would have been an automatic disqualification 15-20 years by practically every eligible voter in the country. Unfortunately, that's not the case now.
To be honest, Kamala does have a weird laugh.

Reactions: ButtersHawk

I believe your point of view is true for many of his supporters. The national media is a tool and is being used to control thought, control people. They've been mostly negative on Trump and then the switch was flipped and out goes Joe. Who's calling the shots?

I tend towards being a Libertarian. To me, Trump is closer to an 80's Democrat, but today's Democratic party has moved so far left that it makes Trump look conservative. I'd say most of the Republican party are 80's Democrats too. Both parties spend like crazy and both are pulling at our freedoms.

Sadly, our country has become so partisan between the two parties. If one says up the other says down no matter what. Both sides are brainwashed. Supporters of both parties use the same talking points (pay their far share, threat to democracy, inflation is Biden's fault, etc.). Those are mostly BS. Supporters say they are thinking for themselves, but they aren't. They just go with whatever is in their echo chamber. If you are reading this and thinking to yourself, 'I don't do that, this guy is full of it'. I'll throw the BS flag. Everyone does it.

I don't know how we are going to get out of this rut.

Do you see no irony in the fact that it's the cult members of the left that are the ones most willing to throw away family over politics?
You got stats on that?
I’ll give you an example. I show up at a funeral a few months ago and start chatting up a few of the cousins. One of the vocal Trumpers with the bumper stickers to prove it is ignoring his daughter, her Hispanic husband, and his three grandchildren. He has never hid his disdain for his non white son in law. You think I need to go out of my way to connect with a guy who has thrown away his own kid and grandkids?

I assume he was speaking to American politics. Trump is the only nominee that I know of that tried to overturn the results of an election. No big deal though.

Could be. If so I’m still not sure I would rank him at the very bottom.

If so would you rank Trump below a president who owned over a hundred slaves, displaced 10’s of thousands Native Americans and put them through a death march

Jackson also claimed he lost a rigged election for president

Last edited:
Not until this election. All friends and family get a hall pass for sure for 2016 and even 2020. It’s sometimes hard to admit or see you have made a mistake and politics has become team sports long before Trump.

However, post 1/6/21 and the complete dumpster fire of last 3 years of intentionally stealing and likely sharing state secrets, having to pay 10s of millions for sexual assault, indictments in three different jurisdictions for three different crimes and 34 felony convictions, I am defiantly disappointed in anyone voting for Trump in 2024. It is sad and very troubling and a huge red flag our fourth estate has collapsed and a giant chunk of Americans get their information from sources full of misinformation and disinformation.

Sound logic

Reactions: BrianNole777
No, only if they buy a bunch of his NFT, stock, merchandise, etc.. Consider that along the same lines of people giving to televangelist.

I can’t believe the people who raised me and who I grew up with are Trump supporters.

I will always love them but I just don’t get it.
The other half of the country questions those voting for Kamala. To each their own. If you want to vote for Kamala, great. You have that right and I’m sure you have your reasons. I could care less who someone votes for, I’m certainly not going to shun them. If someone in your family switched religions would you shun them? Why are politics any different? I don’t get the hate people dish out and aggressively attack when their ideology doesn’t coincide.

When someone supports Trump, they’re not racist, it’s the stupidest thing to say. You really think you’re gonna win someone over by attacking and slandering?

• Haha
Reactions: BelemNole
The other half of the country questions those voting for Kamala. To each their own. If you want to vote for Kamala, great. You have that right and I’m sure you have your reasons. I could care less who someone votes for, I’m certainly not going to shun them. If someone in your family switched religions would you shun them? Why are politics any different? I don’t get the hate people dish out and aggressively attack when their ideology doesn’t coincide.

When someone supports Trump, they’re not racist, it’s the stupidest thing to say. You really think you’re gonna win someone over by attacking and slandering?
You guys are way too defensive. Nobody’s shunning anyone.

I was raised in a Union household and family. All 8 of my uncles, grandfather were strong Union Dems members and the only time i heard politics mentioned was election time. Election days argument was which club they would meet after voting, bars closed but not the social clubs,
Are the elders still alive? If so how are they voting now? My dad was in the union but now votes for Trump.

I get a kick out of how he mocks his own family members. The ones he shares genetics with because they support a specific person. Yet his kind is all about supporting a dude that wants to play women’s sports and thinking everyone should have this freedom and share in life and keep the democracy of choice. The way liberals mock republicans screams hypocrisy in my mind.

Except he didn’t mock them.

I don’t think anyone is saying you’re a racist for voting for Trump. Trump is a racist though.

Trump loves America, Biden and Harris care more about immigrants than the citizens…and you are worried about Trump destroying the country. You are getting abused by the media.

Guilty as charged.
What joke did Trump crack about the person who got killed at his recent rally? I’ve only heard him praise the bravery of this man protecting his family.

What joke did Trump crack about the person who got killed at his recent rally? I’ve only heard him praise the bravery of this man protecting his family.
Was relaying that the wife said she’d rather have her husband back than the money being raised for her and the family and Trump made a joke about how a lot of women wouldn’t say that. Lots of laughs in the audience. Pretty gross, IMO.

You can google it.

Stalin - Before the dissolution of the Soviet Union and the archival revelations, some historians estimated that the numbers killed by Stalin's regime were 20 million or higher
Mao - Mao's policies were responsible for a vast number of deaths, with estimates ranging from 40 to 80 million victims due to starvation, persecution, prison labour, and mass executions
Pol Pot - Estimates range from 1.5 to 3 million people/citizens of Cambodia having died at the hands of the Khmer Rouge, with the consensus being approximately 2 million, nearly 25% of Cambodia's population in 1975 ( c. 7.8 million).
Kahn - estimated to have killed 40-60 million people (11% of the worlds population at that time)
Hitler - 19.3 million killed
Idi Amin - 500,000 killed
Leopold II - 10 million killed
In the US - Andrew Jackson's forced migrations were the direct cause of up to 16,000 Native American deaths and a slave owner.
Roosevelt imprisons 122,000 Japanese Americans solely due to their race during WWII

I could add in current political leaders who have/are allowing genocide to take place if you like. Is Trump really worse than Putin? Than Jinping, than Kim Jong Un? And many more.

But we all have opinions and the right to have that opinion. I would certainly disagree with your thoughts on this one. I would also disagree that 'not conceding a legitimate election differentiates us from the world". I might be misunderstanding what you meant by this.
So to prove your point, you had to put a list of the worst humans ever to make trump look seemingly ok.
That is why I said politicians. The people you listed were dictators, you know, the people trump loves and aspires to be.

No, family is family. I try not to let politics or religion come into it. Those Husker fans are close to expulsion tho.
It will be so freaking awesome when their #1 qb, multi millionaire, 18 year old, raola, who has come to camp looking like 38 year old John Daly, sucks big time and gets his shit rocked game after game.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT