ADVERTISEMENT

Ashley Joens????

I am not from Iowa and only follow the Hawkeyes because my son is recent graduate. This guy is like watching a car crash! The best thing his daughter could have done was go to college as far away as possible. But she didn't.

Reactions: NoSwampDonkeys
It is a pretty amazing tenderloin at Prairie Moon. Sally's on Broadway in Springville is also a great stop for one. I still like the CP location for Joensy's. The others I wouldn't go into if paid, I've heard too many horror stories. Originally from CP, so I will have to check out Bully's next time I am up that way.
Sally's in Springville used to be Frank's Place many moons ago... and Frank's Place is the answer to which restaurant has/had the best tenderloin in: anywhere.

hand cut. inch thick. tender. juicy. crispy. wrapped in tin foil. soo good.

I'm pretty sure Sally is Frank's daughter.

Reactions: NoSwampDonkeys
Sally's in Springville used to be Frank's Place many moons ago... and Frank's Place is the answer to which restaurant has/had the best tenderloin in: anywhere.

hand cut. inch thick. tender. juicy. crispy. wrapped in tin foil. soo good.

I'm pretty sure Sally is Frank's daughter.

That could very well be, I never paid much attention to Springville until the last few years. Drove by it for 15+, but never went into town. lol.

I would beg to differ on the BEST though (in my humble and overweight opinion because of foods like this). At one point, many owners ago, the Dam Bar in Troy Mills had the best damn tenderloin ever. Same thing, hand cut, hand rolled, the size of a dinner plate and damn near melted in your mouth. That was about the same time the Corner Tavern in Walker, had the best broasted chicken in the state.

Reactions: Quintana
Anyone see the end of regulation of ISU Texas a & m game? ESPN Showed her dad losing it in the stands twice. First pulling his mask down yelling and losing mind during a possession review that went ISU’s way. Then with under 10 seconds do an inbounds play tied. His daughter gets the ball underneath and throws up 2 shots into defenders arms no bail out foul call. After it went out of bounds cameras Show him running up the stairs throwing a temper tantrum. Was like watching a little kid who got their toy taken away.

unfortunately they didn’t show him after they lost it on a buzzer beater. I can see why he got kicked out of carver earlier this year.

Anyone see the end of regulation of ISU Texas a & m game? ESPN Showed her dad losing it in the stands twice. First pulling his mask down yelling and losing mind during a possession review that went ISU’s way. Then with under 10 seconds do an inbounds play tied. His daughter gets the ball underneath and throws up 2 shots into defenders arms no bail out foul call. After it went out of bounds cameras Show him running up the stairs throwing a temper tantrum. Was like watching a little kid who got their toy taken away.

unfortunately they didn’t show him after they lost it on a buzzer beater. I can see why he got kicked out of carver earlier this year.
Yes. Those girls have to be so embarrassed.

I don’t like the bail out foul calls...but those last 2 shots she took in regulation are called fouls every time throughout the rest of the game. And yes her dad is an absolute maniac! Which is sad, bc if he wasn’t like that iowa probably lands her...her and clark would’ve been a fuuun combo to watch!

I don’t like the bail out foul calls...but those last 2 shots she took in regulation are called fouls every time throughout the rest of the game. And yes her dad is an absolute maniac! Which is sad, bc if he wasn’t like that iowa probably lands her...her and clark would’ve been a fuuun combo to watch!
I simply laugh whenever Iswho loses in any sport.

Fennelly was the reason ISU lost. Everyone in the world knew who would be getting the last ISU shot. A&M played the odds and doubled AJ. Any experienced HC knows the officials don't want a foul call to determine the game, so they let more stuff go in that situation.

And ISU on defense also should have known who was getting the last shot for A&M. Sure... fouls could have been called, but #1 for ISU got away with some hacks at critical times too.

I'd love to know the relationship between Fennelly and Brian Joens and how much he's allowed to "meddle".

The old man posted on this forum for a bit. Was usually a Richard with his comments, too.
he is worse than anyone could imagine. The girls were all american sweet hearts. great kids. I wont even go into how I feel about him.

he is worse than anyone could imagine. The girls were all american sweet hearts. great kids. I wont even go into how I feel about him.
When they showed photos of the family in the crowd tonite... the mother/wife was sitting as far from Brian as she could.

The look on the face of the security guard as the old man stomped up the steps was priceless.

When they showed photos of the family in the crowd tonite... the mother/wife was sitting as far from Brian as she could.

The look on the face of the security guard as the old man stomped up the steps was priceless.
been thru it at the at AAU level. Like I said not suprised that Bluder avoided it. Its hard for people to understsnd unless they know the guy.

Reactions: veryold and MitchLL
The best thing his daughter could have done was go to college as far away as possible. But she didn't.

This was part of the discussion Bluder and her staff had with AJ. I believe it is the spur in BJs saddle that has caused the animosity towards the IOWA program.

I coached HS softball for many years. There are people like him in every sport. It sucks when an official tells the coach they need to deal with a parent. It usually doesn’t go well. Hard feelings, sometimes last forever!

Not defending the father, and despite the officials, ISU wins if it doesn't have 24 turnovers, or if Scott isn't injured. Having said that, the officials simply swallowed their whistles. In the last two minutes of regulation and the overtime, only three fouls were called, and one of them was intentional by A&M. That's ridiculous. They also called a jump ball when Donarsky was mugged and the defenders actually never touched the basketball.

Future looks good. Fun to watch them play. Good luck to Lisa's ladies.

ISU would have gotten beat worse if the gal from A&M hadn't taken all those 19' jumpers. That's the worst shot in basketball because it's a low percentage 2 pt shot when she could take one step back for a "3".

Her post game interview was very touching as she was so humble.

BTW: Doesn't matter how much better ISU gets because their HC will still make the same mistakes. And the players court awareness is really bad. How many shot clock violations did they have... 4 or 5?

Reactions: capitol hawk
Not defending the father, and despite the officials, ISU wins if it doesn't have 24 turnovers, or if Scott isn't injured. Having said that, the officials simply swallowed their whistles. In the last two minutes of regulation and the overtime, only three fouls were called, and one of them was intentional by A&M. That's ridiculous. They also called a jump ball when Donarsky was mugged and the defenders actually never touched the basketball.

Future looks good. Fun to watch them play. Good luck to Lisa's ladies

Here's to hoping they don't suffer the same fate as Fran's gentlemen

Here's to hoping they don't suffer the same fate as Fran's gentlemen
They play Uconn. I think you can count on it if history is any indicator. I don't even know if you can bet on Women's Basketball, but my guess is the line would be around 20.

Finally did visit CF and the WBB forum. I'd say 75% are blaming the loss on officiating. There are a few that are willing to be objective and blame the HC for some horrible decisions.

And ALL of the comments on old man Joens are negative. Brian Joens became an internet legend yesterday.

Future looks good. Fun to watch them play. Good luck to Lisa's ladies.
Well done. Understanding the team could have done things to help take the game out of the officials hands, yet at the same time point to instances the refs made garbage calls, or no calls, that affected the game. That “jump ball” cost them the game. I, like most iowa fans, dislike isu but i can also say that they got hosed in this instance.

I went to the same church growing up as Joens and the entire family. I also went to the same private school as many of his cousins and siblings.
I can say without hesitation that he and his entire family were always the most respectful and had the highest level of integrity. I would say B. Joens (Dad) would be the leader of the group. He was a few years older than me. He was always the nicest to me and everyone else. I can hardly believe that he is such a bad guy. People don't change that much. I am sure he loves his daughter very much and is competitive. He was always just the nice "older Joens" to me. His sister and brother were always super nice and well respected as well. The whole family was.

I went to the same church growing up as Joens and the entire family. I also went to the same private school as many of his cousins and siblings.
I can say without hesitation that he and his entire family were always the most respectful and had the highest level of integrity. I would say B. Joens (Dad) would be the leader of the group. He was a few years older than me. He was always the nicest to me and everyone else. I can hardly believe that he is such a bad guy. People don't change that much. I am sure he loves his daughter very much and is competitive. He was always just the nice "older Joens" to me. His sister and brother were always super nice and well respected as well. The whole family was.
Nice first post, Mr. Joens.
Your daughter is a very good player.
Bet you wish she was a lady Hawk.

ISU would have gotten beat worse if the gal from A&M hadn't taken all those 19' jumpers. That's the worst shot in basketball because it's a low percentage 2 pt shot when she could take one step back for a "3".

Her post game interview was very touching as she was so humble.

BTW: Doesn't matter how much better ISU gets because their HC will still make the same mistakes. And the players court awareness is really bad. How many shot clock violations did they have... 4 or 5?
Exactly what I was telling the wife. If she would just take a little step back they would of been 3 pointers.

Well done. Understanding the team could have done things to help take the game out of the officials hands, yet at the same time point to instances the refs made garbage calls, or no calls, that affected the game. That “jump ball” cost them the game. I, like most iowa fans, dislike isu but i can also say that they got hosed in this instance.
Actually the jump ball should of been a flagrant 1 do to the elbow to the jaw. Don't know how you can look at that on the monitor and come up with anything different. And then the out of bounds on Joens that touch her finger tips. The refs were bad but they were bad both ways.

Reactions: MitchLL
Actually the jump ball should of been a flagrant 1 do to the elbow to the jaw. Don't know how you can look at that on the monitor and come up with anything different. And then the out of bounds on Joens that touch her finger tips. The refs were bad but they were bad both ways.
From following ISU fans over the years... every loss gets blamed on the officials. At least to some degree.

I'm amazed that someone who's coached as long as Fennelly has is prone to making those obvious mistakes game after game. Less than 2 seconds on the shot clock, inbounding, and taking two or three dribbles and getting those TOs. ISU started three freshmen, but by this time of the season, they're not really freshmen anymore.

Just watching the two head coaches last nite was quite the contrast. One constantly complaining to the refs, while the other is coaching up his kids. The better team won last nite.

Reactions: herkhatescy
There was no damn jump ball! It was an immediate foul. They call that, the rest doesn’t matter. As for the flagrant, it’s called the cylinder rule, seen it numerous times with garza this yr. I dont like isu, but i can be objective and say the refs raked them over the coals in the last 10 seconds

There was no damn jump ball! It was an immediate foul. They call that, the rest doesn’t matter. As for the flagrant, it’s called the cylinder rule, seen it numerous times with garza this yr. I dont like isu, but i can be objective and say the refs raked them over the coals in the last 10 seconds
Officiating has been bad all season. You blow a nine point lead in the last 2+ minutes... you deserve to lose.

JMHO

20+ turnovers was the difference in the game.

The only thing about the jump ball the bothers me is the official behind the play called it. The ISU girl with the ball, and the A&M girl battling her had their back to the official that called it. The official in front (with a great view of the ball) didnt call it. I dont know if she was fouled or not, or if a jump was the correct ball - but the wrong official made the call. Still had a chance to win.

Blaming officials for a loss is a loser's mentality. You have to play through it.

Tough loss nonetheless.

Officiating has been bad all season. You blow a nine point lead in the last 2+ minutes... you deserve to lose.

JMHO
Oook, so because they didn’t play well the last 2 minutes after playing well enough the previous 38 to have a nice lead, they deserved the refs to blow those calls down their leg? Wtf

Lol.
My name is Zack Young. Started posting in the SuperHawkeye days in around 2000
LOL
Who are you?????
My name is Zack Young. I grew up in Cedar Rapids, IA. I went to St. Ludmila's school through 6th grade. Played with Mr. Joens cousin at recess most days as a young boy. SW side of Cedar Rapids, the capitol of Kolach's and Czechs.

I started posting on the SuperHawkeye days in 2000 ish in the Jon Miller times. I haven't posted in a while because it's not really something I do anymore. But I was one of the originals on SuperHawkeye and Hawkeyereport from years back. Graduated from Iowa in 99. Been a Hawk through and through my whole life.

I knew a lot of the Joens' and they were all super people. They were great to me and my family. Great at our church. Great in the community. Anyone who went to St. Ludmila's church in the 80's would vouch for all of the Joens' family I am sure! They were just great people. And I loved playing open gym basketball with their family.

Reactions: RothMatt
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT