ADVERTISEMENT

B1G Session 1 PBP / Comments

Honest question. Do you think Nick "peaked" last summer when he was training angry? It's odd to see a guy like Mike Kelly, outshine Moore. For the first time in their Iowa careers I truly believe Kelly could take Moore.

And what happened to his takedown defense. He normally has heavy hips and puts a lot of pressure on a wrestler that gets to his legs. To give up 3 tads to a 12-14 wrestler is not good. Ugh.

--Ohio

Time to let the cat out of the bag because doesnt matter now. Very reliable source told me this week that its multiple inkuries. Shoulder and a knee. Been going on all season. Didnt really go into much detail about it. I am no doctor but the feeling is the shoulder is the main culprit.

I do believe there are some mental hold backs with Nick but he just flat out doesnt finish a gimme takedown in that 3rd. Hes a sitting duck and we cant expect anything other than maybe 1 win in STL.

Sad thing is you mean to tell me Rhoads doesnt give us a better chance? Doesnt speak much to him then either.

That would definately make some sense of the situation.

Because as Hawk in Ohio stated he's regressed Offensively, Defensively, you name it.

Originally posted by WildTurk:
Honest question. Do you think Nick "peaked" last summer when he was training angry? It's odd to see a guy like Mike Kelly, outshine Moore. For the first time in their Iowa careers I truly believe Kelly could take Moore.
Except their freshman year where I believe Kelly did it twice.

Moore is hurt and he's cooked mentally.

I HAVE TO GO. HOPEFULLY VALL CAN PICK UP FOR BURAK AND TELFORD. IF NOT, HOPEFULLY SOMEONE ELSE CAN.

Did it ever occur to you geniuses that Nick Moore is wrestling INJURED? What other logical explanation is there? Anyone who knows the kid knows he has not given up.

Not sure what is going on with Moore but as frustrated as us fans are I am sure it is worst for him. I am willing to give him the benefit of the doubt as he has been part of the program for 5 years. If he can come back through the wrestle backs and qualify he can still score some much needed points.

Maybe it's time to quit recruiting from these "powerhouse" iowa schools. I think Nick and a lot of others peaked in high school. We need the guys from Linn-Mar like McDonough that weren't four timers but looked vastly improved after every season.

I saw nothing in that last match to indicate that Nick will be doing much wrestling back, if any. Hope he does, but I don't see it happening.

Originally posted by MARION_HAWK:
Did it ever occur to you geniuses that Nick Moore is wrestling INJURED? What other logical explanation is there? Anyone who knows the kid knows he has not given up.
That has already been established, he is not mentally with it either. Like I said if he is too hurt be be effective then maybe they should have looked another direction. Sanderson did not sit on an ineffective alton at 157.

Marion hawk, do you know what injured people do? They step away and recover. If he was really that hurt he would have been on the bench

Originally posted by OldHawkFan:
Could Alex Meyer make 165? I would think he deserved a shot after witnessing that effort...
No way, he cuts big for 174.

Burak up 6-1
Most offense in a while
WDM- sent you my cell ph# on fb
LMK if you are available other points of the day.

Burak esc to start 3rd
Tries for a HD, fitz slips and TD for fitz
7-3
esc
and Burak pops elbow, HC and then switch to dbl.
TD.
hip tilt
5 count
Ironside "Best Burak has wrestled all year"
Getting a major even with giving up a TD.

Ironside has been happy with all the offense from Burak. i.e. releasing and not getting the TD but trying for it
Winner winner chicken dinner for Burak, like 14-3.

So when I left for dance, I had the computers running and the radio on. While I was gone, Mrs. V woke up Jr. to start clean. His little man cave in the basement is a pigsty, so when I got back downstairs the boy (HS Jr.) is walking around (half awake, mind you) with wild hair and the only thing he says is, "We were not happy with Nick Moore". The "we" in that sentence would be V Jr. + Ironside.

In other news MSU is currently not in last place! Pollizzi defaults out and the Spartans get 3 points. Can Maryland hold serve? They currently have 0 points.

Hopefully Moore can pull through and qualify. Looked to like he was not 100% when he got the single leg up and lost it easily. Hawks will need those points in St. Louis.

Watching all 4 mats on my big screen at once is pretty darn sweet. Best 10 bucks I have spent in awhile!

Originally posted by WildTurk:
Watching all 4 mats on my big screen at once is pretty darn sweet. Best 10 bucks I have spent in awhile!
I agree, good coverage thus far.

Bobby T vs Goldman from Indiana
Goldman's dad coaches IU and wrestled for Gable.
Well built and stocky
Not a big HWT
Snap and behind.
Elevates and trips for TD for BT
Telford weighed in at 277 lbs. He's got at least 30 lbs here
Chicken wing in
Hopping around in front.
Runs it over
Gets a 5 count
Tavenello giving up poitns down 0-4
Up here 5-0 with 1:30+ of RT
Another wing in and scooping head
got him over. theres theresssssssssssssssssssssss, the fall!
Stands up with a "I did my job smirk" and walks off.
good job, telford.
Lawson got a fall.

Tavenello down 4-0 against Billy Smith of Rutgers. With 20 seconds left in the 2nd period

Gilman up soon
Gilman up now.
Wrestling purdue, Welch
Taps head, head to inside and trying to elavate.
Draped over.
Come out the back
(McMUllan's hurt)
Gilman up to feet
SM
(McMUllen now looks okay)
1:40 togo

Gilman trying to penetrate
Up to feet
Throws him by and nothing
Shoots into scorers table
1:13
McMullan wins
Gilman in on shot and finish
TD
45 seconds
On attack whole time
Lot of hard attacks and good defense. Like CC's first match
Get the first TD and it gets easier
Smith beat Tavenello
Gilman up 2-0 I think
Welsch starts down in the second
Still riding
about 1 min of RT

Originally posted by MARION_HAWK:

Gilman, Brooks, Burak, and Telford are wrestling with "injuries" as bad, or worse, than what Moore is dealing with... Think about that for a moment.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Gilman gets 1:01 of RT
Esc
Tied 2-2
C'mon Gilman us the second period
45 sec
good snap by gilman
fire with the shots
gilman head to inside and ankle, splits and TD for TG
15 seconds left
big TD at the end of the period
adding 14 seconds of RT
4-2 with 1:15 of RT
end of 2

Gilman up and out to start the third
Up 5-2 with RT of 1:06
Shot byTG
welsch drapes over
SM
1:10
Need two more TD
and TG gets one and release
7-2
Welsch gets a HC and TD
8-4 (thought he should have one more point.
Winner for TG. Conway up next.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT