ADVERTISEMENT

Barta nonsense

That is absolutely ludicrous. How bad can you be at your job and still remain employed? Iowa State has gone through a few Presidents lately and all of them seemingly supported athletics to the wall while Iowa’s 3 seemed clueless and paid little or no attention to the till. Kim Reynolds is sabotaging Iowa Athletics change my mind
It's the culture at Iowa City. It's been going on since President Boyd left. It got so bad in the late 80's that Terry threatened to fire not only the President but the entire Board of Regents over Iowa athletics.

Reactions: amahawk
talking to the coaches is one thing but discussing the NIL Money and who gets how much, do you engage them with anything related to the NIL payments?
Why are you so fvcking stupid??? TBI!? You’re the dumbest person here, which, is fine. Someone has to be, but you bring this sense of arrogance that only someone so stupid can possibly have. Hat’s off, or bicycle helmets off, to you sir.

Reactions: GHawk
According to a post by David Eickholt on Twitter, Iowa Athletic Director Gary Barta has never called Brad Heinrichs, who is the head of Iowa's NIL Swarm Collective. WOW
Can they be in contact? Is there a legal issue there?

I would also imagine that if the athletic department falls short of its fundraising goals, there is a potential that some programs, and some jobs, would have to be cut. As AD, Barta would likely feel that it’s his job to preserve those obligations.

That said, it might be worth evaluating the athletic department’s current list of priorities — that is a completely fair opinion. But until that it done, I wouldn’t guess that Barta would be enthusiastic about jeopardizing potential revenue streams. After all, as has been pointed out numerous times, Iowa is a small-market program. There are fewer revenue streams to tap into, compared to other places.
Tv money has made donor money for the ADept almost inconsequential

• Haha
Reactions: doughuddl2
Praying Swarm beer at Kinnick becomes the primary adult beverage…
Exile Brewery is your partner, correct?

I got to thinking about this and looked to see what "local" breweries sold product and saw Big Grove, Single SPeed, and Back Pocket. Aramark is the concessionaire for Iowa sports and were "responsible" for those selections.

Will you have to create an "exclusive" deal with the U of Iowa or will you have to reach out to Aramark in order to sell the "Offical Beer of the Iowa NIL collective"?

Tv money has made donor money for the ADept almost inconsequential

There is no need to exaggerate. In FY2022, Iowa's athletics had $151M in revenue. $29.5M in financial contributions (roughly 20% of the total), larger than the $26.4M in ticket sales. Media rights were the largest $48.5M, but it is a fabrication to say that donor money is inconsequential.

<<Just to be clear here. Gary has never been stand-offish or rude to me at all. I just made the comment in passing that he has never called me for any reason. Would I love it if he called and said “What can I do to help you guys?” I don’t need a pat on the back or an “atta boy” or anything like that.>>

I was President of the Hawkeye Wrestling Club for years and a board member before that-- Barta never talked to me either and would not entertain any idea on how we could work together-- matter of fact, some actions were as if we were the enemy.

Like him or not, the lawsuits were a black eye during his tenure, but I think most of us agree the lawsuits were BS.

Reactions: amahawk
<<Just to be clear here. Gary has never been stand-offish or rude to me at all. I just made the comment in passing that he has never called me for any reason. Would I love it if he called and said “What can I do to help you guys?” I don’t need a pat on the back or an “atta boy” or anything like that.>>

I was President of the Hawkeye Wrestling Club for years and a board member before that-- Barta never talked to me either and would not entertain any idea on how we could work together-- matter of fact, some actions were as if we were the enemy.
So you get it….

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT