ADVERTISEMENT

Bartlett

Teasdale is Jimmy Gulibon but with character issues
I believe you are going to be shocked with what Teasdale ends up doing. He will make Penn State regret it not working out and will FAR outperform Jimmy Gulibon. Jimmy was a nice kid, but is an example of someone that did not continue to develop like Cory Clark did and that is Coaching. With Tom and Terry putting their efforts into him, I truly believe it will be the perfect fit and had he not been talked into a bad decision; we would be talking about a young man that had already made an impact.

Could it be possible for Teasdale to like red shirt 19-20 and beef up to 149 to replace Lugo in 20-21?

Exactly, he’ll also get to a load of single legs and fail to finish shots
I believe you are going to be shocked with what Teasdale ends up doing. He will make Penn State regret it not working out and will FAR outperform Jimmy Gulibon. Jimmy was a nice kid, but is an example of someone that did not continue to develop like Cory Clark did and that is Coaching. With Tom and Terry putting their efforts into him, I truly believe it will be the perfect fit and had he not been talked into a bad decision; we would be talking about a young man that had already made an impact.

Yeah I kind of held back because I don't want to eat crow too much, and I'm not even certain that GT will ever wrestle a college match. But GT was so much better than Gulibon at his best that the comparison is comical.

I think it's real simple with Gavin. If he wrestles he'll be a threat to high AA. Or he doesn't wrestle at all.

Teasdale is Jimmy Gulibon but with character issues

Interesting...because just a few months ago, your coach was trying to get Mr. Character Issues to wrestle for him at 125. Hey...I get it: He wrestles for you, he's a troubled kid but Coach Cael is working with him to make him a better man. He wrestles for us, character issues with a low key insult for one of your former wrestlers. Nice.

Interesting...because just a few months ago, your coach was trying to get Mr. Character Issues to wrestle for him at 125. Hey...I get it: He wrestles for you, he's a troubled kid but Coach Cael will make him a NCAA champ. He wrestles for us, character issues with a low key insult for one of your former wrestlers. Nice.
FIFY
They've never forgiven Jimmy Guilibon for not being as good as they'd hoped he would be, even though every team has wrestlers who don't live up to expectations.

Last edited:
Guilibon's problem probably was bumping up to 141 willingly to make room for Conaway. Thus allowing the "team" to win a couple of championships. Sorry, can't trash a young man like that! Clark and Jimmy had a great match at the Jordan Center and could have had more if he hadn't moved up.

Guilibon's problem probably was bumping up to 141 willingly to make room for Conaway. Thus allowing the "team" to win a couple of championships. Sorry, can't trash a young man like that! Clark and Jimmy had a great match at the Jordan Center and could have had more if he hadn't moved up.

Who's trashing Gulibon? Just people pointing out Cory passed him up and became a much better wrestler.

Who's trashing Gulibon? Just people pointing out Cory passed him up and became a much better wrestler.

Exactly, Gulibon was very good and so will Gavin be if focused. Just don’t see him wrestling for Individual Titles

Exactly, Gulibon was very good and so will Gavin be if focused. Just don’t see him wrestling for Individual Titles
I know it’s just an opinion but how did you come to that one? Mars teller had his fair share of issues (quite a bit more) but was still a contender the past few years. And in my opinion, GT has more talent than chance did in high school. I think it’s more of a wait and see but if you look at the kid’s body of work, he outclassed almost everyone and was never outclassed by anyone. He took a couple losses he probably wouldn’t have if he had his tuff together senior year but it doesn’t mean he can’t turn it around. I have a feeling he’s going to surprise a lot of people. And for the record, my feelings on here have been spot on. Even if he never contends, I hope he succeeds in whatever he decides to do.

thot this was 'Barlett' thread ...now morphed over to Gullibon ... attention deficit disorders?

I know it’s just an opinion but how did you come to that one? Mars teller had his fair share of issues (quite a bit more) but was still a contender the past few years. And in my opinion, GT has more talent than chance did in high school. I think it’s more of a wait and see but if you look at the kid’s body of work, he outclassed almost everyone and was never outclassed by anyone. He took a couple losses he probably wouldn’t have if he had his tuff together senior year but it doesn’t mean he can’t turn it around. I have a feeling he’s going to surprise a lot of people. And for the record, my feelings on here have been spot on. Even if he never contends, I hope he succeeds in whatever he decides to do.

Take it from someone who watched every single one of Teasdale and Marsteller's matches at states and most of their high profile high school matches, Teasdale was not better or more talented than Marsteller. In fact, Marsteller was quite a bit better and more talented than Teasdale. Marsteller would be in my top 5 all-time PA high school wrestlers. He was completely bored during his Senior season at states. Gavin was great. Marsteller was incredible.

Take it from someone who watched every single one of Teasdale and Marsteller's matches at states and most of their high profile high school matches, Teasdale was not better or more talented than Marsteller. In fact, Marsteller was quite a bit better and more talented than Teasdale. Marsteller would be in my top 5 all-time PA high school wrestlers. He was completely bored during his Senior season at states. Gavin was great. Marsteller was incredible.
Take it from someone also from PA and been to states every year for the past 30 years that I strongly disagree. Gavin wrestler better competition all across the country. I was at the weiricoc (not sure on spelling) vs marsteller match and while it was a very entertaining and very very close match, I wasn’t impressed considering that was chance’s toughest match while in high school.

Take it from someone also from PA and been to states every year for the past 30 years that I strongly disagree. Gavin wrestler better competition all across the country. I was at the weiricoc (not sure on spelling) vs marsteller match and while it was a very entertaining and very very close match, I wasn’t impressed considering that was chance’s toughest match while in high school.

We've probably crossed paths, as I've been to states every year for a long time too. On this, we shall agree to disagree.

We've probably crossed paths, as I've been to states every year for a long time too. On this, we shall agree to disagree.
I can live with that. I’m curious who you’d put above teasedale though, beyond the obvious lee and Kolat. Moore and marsteller? There have been a lot of greats but I wouldn’t put too many ahead of Gavin. Really only the two and bunch the rest pretty much together with slight edges here or there, IMO. There were a lot of 1 and two loss guys with 2-3 titles who were better than most of the 4 timers. Clearly lee and Nolf fit the bill. So does wildasin and Jeremy hunter although he did end up a 4 timer but he lost twice to Teague Moore. What about a guy like Carr? I always thought bimbo chatman (biased here) was a phenom despite his only loss being a pin to schalles in the finals but his focus was elsewhere anyway, being a great athlete in every sport. Just curious but feel free to not respond since the thread has already been hijacked and some are complaining (plus you’re a penn state fan) haha.

Reactions: danoftw
Interesting...because just a few months ago, your coach was trying to get Mr. Character Issues to wrestle for him at 125. Hey...I get it: He wrestles for you, he's a troubled kid but Coach Cael is working with him to make him a better man. He wrestles for us, character issues with a low key insult for one of your former wrestlers. Nice.

I dont think any of us on here hated Gavin for messing up and making mistakes. The hate came from Cael's urgency to get a troubled kid back on the mat ASAP who by all means seemed to need more time off.

The difference between Brands and Cael is Brands isn't throwing Gavin in the starting lineup at first chance this November. He will make him earn it and prove he is living the lifestyle just like he did with Downey and doing with Renteria

In the end I think most of us believe in 2nd or 3rd chances....its just how you go about it. And quite frankly Cael seems to suck in that regard!

I can live with that. I’m curious who you’d put above teasedale though, beyond the obvious lee and Kolat. Moore and marsteller? There have been a lot of greats but I wouldn’t put too many ahead of Gavin. Really only the two and bunch the rest pretty much together with slight edges here or there, IMO. There were a lot of 1 and two loss guys with 2-3 titles who were better than most of the 4 timers. Clearly lee and Nolf fit the bill. So does wildasin and Jeremy hunter although he did end up a 4 timer but he lost twice to Teague Moore. What about a guy like Carr? I always thought bimbo chatman (biased here) was a phenom despite his only loss being a pin to schalles in the finals but his focus was elsewhere anyway, being a great athlete in every sport. Just curious but feel free to not respond since the thread has already been hijacked and some are complaining (plus you’re a penn state fan) haha.
Being from PA you realize AAA is a little more difficult to win than in AA. Not every year at every weight but more often than not it is.

Being from PA you realize AAA is a little more difficult to win than in AA. Not every year at every weight but more often than not it is.
Haha. I’m very well aware that typically that is the case...more kids, tougher comp. my alma is AAA. You are also aware of which of those classes Kolat wrestled in, right? I’m talking about the actual caliber of individuals wrestled. Gavin gets the nod. Chance was a stud, no question but I think Gavin is just more talented despite wrestling AA.

i love Gavin, but he's not in the top 10 most talented prospects ever out of pa, and certainly not ahead of Chance.
Why am I not surprised you say that? I take your opinion with a grain of salt. Besides, I have more actual wrestling experience than you, ya midget. I should work for Flo, only I wouldn’t have my name associated with you.

Reactions: DirkTang1
I think you're probably in the minority of those who think Gavin was a better wrestler in high school than Chance was.
Yeah...perhaps. I go with what I actually see on the mat. Sometimes even in a loss, I think that wrestler is better. Take the pico vs heil match...pico was better. There was a lot of hype surrounding chance in high school. And a lot following Gavin until he lost. I just wasn’t impressed with marsteller in high school. At least not as impressed as most. And maybe I’m a tad biased in that overall, I believe the southwestern pa wrestlers are better. I have a feeling mvattivo and possible a few others of you aren’t from SW PA. Am I right? Haha.

Yeah...perhaps. I go with what I actually see on the mat. Sometimes even in a loss, I think that wrestler is better. Take the pico vs heil match...pico was better. There was a lot of hype surrounding chance in high school. And a lot following Gavin until he lost. I just wasn’t impressed with marsteller in high school. At least not as impressed as most. And maybe I’m a tad biased in that overall, I believe the southwestern pa wrestlers are better. I have a feeling mvattivo and possible a few others of you aren’t from SW PA. Am I right? Haha.
I'm glad you didn't take that the wrong way, as I've said over and over I'm all in on Gavin. Just thought Chance was that guy, Spencer-like in his ceiling. Would love to have seen him go to somewhere other than Okie State to start. But who knows.

Gavin is a stud as well. Hope he wins at Iowa.

Why am I not surprised you say that? I take your opinion with a grain of salt. Besides, I have more actual wrestling experience than you, ya midget. I should work for Flo, only I wouldn’t have my name associated with you.
Willie was nationally ranked, placed in the PIAA state tournament, placed a couple times at the Reno Tournament of Champions and was the National Wrestling Media Association Journalist of the Year (2012). I'm excited to hear about your wrestling experience and accolades!

Willie was nationally ranked, placed in the PIAA state tournament, placed a couple times at the Reno Tournament of Champions and was the National Wrestling Media Association Journalist of the Year (2012). I'm excited to hear about your wrestling experience and accolades!
I see reading comprehension isn’t your strong suit...ACTUAL wrestling experience. 4 years in college, dildo.

I'm glad you didn't take that the wrong way, as I've said over and over I'm all in on Gavin. Just thought Chance was that guy, Spencer-like in his ceiling. Would love to have seen him go to somewhere other than Okie State to start. But who knows.

Gavin is a stud as well. Hope he wins at Iowa.
That’s blasphemy to compare chance to Lee...lol.

So where did you wrestle? What are your accomplishments?[/ Who are you? Siskel and ebert of the wrestling world? What are your credentials and where did you go to school? The hell does it matter...I wrestled longer than Willie. My statement stands.

Usually when a guy comes out and brags about themselves they don't get shy when someone wants more info. No need to get testy. I'm just glad the coach at whatever college you "went to" let the special needs boy be part of the team. Good on him!

Usually when a guy comes out and brags about themselves they don't get shy when someone wants more info. No need to get testy. I'm just glad the coach at whatever college you "went to" let the special needs boy be part of the team. Good on him!
You must be a midget...is it little people instead? Lol. I don’t have a clue what you mean by bragging..I didn’t list that I was a two time all American, now did I? I simply stated that I have more on the mat experience than your uncle Willie. It’s a fact. And I put him down for his opinion that differed from mine. I don’t like Willie’s comments on here. They’re sarcastic and usually inflammatory like your bowels. Why don’t you list your credentials on here before you ask for mine. As a matter of fact, take a video of your trophies, medals etc and post and I’ll do the same. And make sure you say “Willie is the best” so I know it’s real. Deal? I’ll include my diploma so you can know exactly who I am and where I went to school and I’ll even toss in my social security number to boot!

Reactions: T8KUDWN
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT