ADVERTISEMENT

Because Miami

Miami (and miami Dade county) is unique and for sure not everyone’s cup of tea. The downtown area has changed a lot over the past 20 years. It’s like a little manhattan now without the subway.

The only place I could live in Dade County is Doral.
I do wish Miami could have been frozen in time back to 1970, when it was still really a cool place.

It’s not for everyone, but there is a lot to like about Miami. We go down there every couple months because my Wife is in several galleries down there. Huge art district. World class in my opinion. Like every major city, it’s got its problems but I always have a good time.

If you live in places like Coral Gables, Miami Shores, Brickell, Key Biscayne, Coconut Grove, Pinecrest or Palmetto Bay, it is a great place to live. All of those areas are along the water and $$$$$$. Having to commute east and west down there is a miserable existence.

Reactions: goldmom
I used to love riding my bike all over the Grove back in the day. Would not do that now.

If you live in places like Coral Gables, Miami Shores, Brickell, Key Biscayne, Coconut Grove, Pinecrest or Palmetto Bay, it is a great place to live. All of those areas are along the water and $$$$$$. Having to commute east and west down there is a miserable existence.
Traffic sucks for sure

Reactions: TC Nole OX
I am an HGTV junkie and I saw a recent episode of House Hunters where a couple moved out of Miami and over to Phoenix because they could no longer afford Miami. Now, Phoenix is no bargain paradise either but it blew my mind.

Scott Rothstein, a great addition to this thread.

images

Sitting in federal prison with a 50 year sentence.

It's Wiki, but covers the basics

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT