ADVERTISEMENT

Biden on Israel and Hamas

Hamas can't be allowed to stay in power, which is what they DEMAND, of course.

This could all end with Hamas surrendering. The world should be demanding that instead of trying to broker a deal that leaves Hamas in power.

On Oct 7, Hamas murdered, raped, and took hostages. I can fully understand why Israel not only declared war but won't stop until Hamas is decimated and no longer in power.
This didn't start on October 7th...it's just a convenient date to use when shilling for the zionists. Don't you have some threads to bump on the football board today?

Brainwashed?? Because it's easier to say brainwashed or radicalised rather than come to terms with the fact that you have millions living in the equivalent of a giant concentration camp. A camp with some really crap neighbors who lob missiles at you, your family, your schools, your hospitals. All funded by U.S. taxpayers. A child can't recognise any nuance to the situation when their mother or sister was killed for no obvious reason. How shocking...they are treated like animals from birth to grave and some of them become 'brainwashed'. Brainwashed by who exactly? Hamas or the zionists?
They control their own future bud. They have chosen the path of hating Jews for thousands of years. If they accepted them their life would be much easier.

They have earned everything they have gotten.

Reactions: SB_SB
They control their own future bud. They have chosen the path of hating Jews for thousands of years. If they accepted them their life would be much easier.

They have earned everything they have gotten.
Oh I feel better about the situation now...these kids earned their fate
israel-palestine-gaza-children-names-face-killed-aug-2022-mee.png

No. I just wonder. I guess my thought is the name on the business card is irrelevant. Hamas one day, something else the next. Can you really defeat a religious ideology?

Israel’s problem is location and proximity. Nobody’s going anywhere. It’s like two neighbors who are at odds but neither can move away.
So if you're saying the name doesn't matter, and Gaza will never change because of it's religion then aren't you saying there's no difference between hamas and palestinians? That's the complete opposite of what posters have been saying.

Reactions: seminole97
IMO Israel has every right to do whatever they need to wipe Hamas off the earth. End of discussion.

Could you imagine Canada coming down into the US and killing, beheading, raping, 40,000 Americans? What would our response be?

IMO Israel has every right to do whatever they need to wipe Hamas off the earth. End of discussion.

Could you imagine Canada coming down into the US and killing, beheading, raping, 40,000 Americans? What would our response be?
They're not going to answer that question because they know what would happen, the same thing that's happened when a group or country kills our people on our soil. History has shown that we hit back much harder than we've been hit.

Reactions: hexumhawk
They're not going to answer that question because they know what would happen, the same thing that's happened when a group or country kills our people on our soil. History has shown that we hit back much harder than we've been hit.
i hesitate to wade into these waters...but here it goes

i don't disagree with what you said here, but how did that go the last time we did that? regime change as a response to a terrorist attack?

just want to be clear...i'm not asking about whether or not they have the right to...i'm asking whether or not that's an effective strategy to achieving their goal

This didn't start on October 7th...it's just a convenient date to use when shilling for the zionists. Don't you have some threads to bump on the football board today?

If this has been an ongoing fight than it's time to put an end to it and let one side finish it. May the best team win.

He didn’t betray shit. If Israel wants our help, there are conditions. Not bombing civilians in densely populated urban areas is on of those conditions.
How about Hamas hiding behind those civilians?

Guess that gives them a free pass.

i hesitate to wade into these waters...but here it goes

i don't disagree with what you said here, but how did that go the last time we did that? regime change as a response to a terrorist attack?

just want to be clear...i'm not asking about whether or not they have the right to...i'm asking whether or not that's an effective strategy to achieving their goal

For Japan it turned out good. For Afghanistan, we definitely had some victories but in the end you can't change the people. But the hope is we caused enough disruption to keep them from bombing us again for a long time. So it can be viewed as a win. Some times it's not about removing the threat forever, but making it safe for the time being. If hamas is allowed to stay in power there will definitely be more attacks on israel in the near future. Doing nothing and allowing hamas to stay in power will do only increase the risk for Israel. Sometimes you punch back harder to defend yourself, from future punches.

Reactions: Hendy hawk
Unfortunately it's not a game...and to be honest it's evil to characterize it that way.

You're the one who characterized it as a game. You make it sound like it's a rivalry between two teams and you don't want to see the rivalry end. For me, I want this to end now, so pick a side that it's a fight to the death.

So if you're saying the name doesn't matter, and Gaza will never change because of it's religion then aren't you saying there's no difference between hamas and palestinians? That's the complete opposite of what posters have been saying.
Nope
I’m saying I believe there will always be a subset of Palestinians committed to fighting Israel. Whatever they’re called at the moment.

Reactions: Rifler
It’s a condition. Find another way around it if that is what is happening. It’s also a BS justification for killing tens of thousands of civilians.
Basically Israel can't fight Hamas because they hide behind civilians.

There's no way "around it" in a war.

Well meaning folks like you give Hamas a free pass.

Last edited:
It’s a condition. Find another way around it if that is what is happening. It’s also a BS justification for killing tens of thousands of civilians.

When you have a suggestion then pass it along to Israel. Until then this is a war and it's being fought in Gaza.

For Japan it turned out good. For Afghanistan, we definitely had some victories but in the end you can't change the people. But the hope is we caused enough disruption to keep them from bombing us again for a long time. So it can be viewed as a win. Some times it's not about removing the threat forever, but making it safe for the time being. If hamas is allowed to stay in power there will definitely be more attacks on israel in the near future. Doing nothing and allowing hamas to stay in power will do only increase the risk for Israel. Sometimes you punch back harder to defend yourself, from future punches.
the taliban is still in power...hard to see that one as a win

just seems like a lot of the people cheering on israel and being aghast that anyone dare to question their actions think that regime change is a bad strategy in a lot of other situations...but is unquestionable in this one.

Some times it's not about removing the threat forever, but making it safe for the time being. If hamas is allowed to stay in power there will definitely be more attacks on israel in the near future. Doing nothing and allowing hamas to stay in power will do only increase the risk for Israel. Sometimes you punch back harder to defend yourself, from future punches.
How about long term? From all the images they have basically leveled the place. What sort of mentality takes hold in a poverty-stricken area where the residents (already tightly controlled) barely have the means to survive? What educational system do you have? Jobs? Prospects for a future brighter than scraping by and being recruited by Hamas or its successor?

I get Israel’s desire to lash out, just don’t know if they’ve fully thought this through.

Nope
I’m saying I believe there will always be a subset of Palestinians committed to fighting Israel. Whatever they’re called at the moment.
You said the name on the business may change but that is irrelevant. So you're implying that it doesn't matter if hamas is taken out because the next government will be the same. And your reason is because of their religion. I'm not arguing with you, you're probably totally correct but most posters are not wanting to go there. If it is a religion problem and the hate for Israel isn't going to change, then you're basically saying the majority of palestinians are on the side of hating Israel.

just seems like a lot of the people cheering on israel and being aghast that anyone dare to question their actions think that regime change is a bad strategy in a lot of other situations...but is unquestionable in this one.

Israel is fighting for it's life, not to have some big win that's going to create a new friend. They have to eliminate hamas so there's maybe a chance things will be better in the future, even if it's short term. Again, this is about survival, not making friends.

Israel is fighting for it's life, not to have some big win that's going to create a new friend. They have to eliminate hamas so there's maybe a chance things will be better in the future, even if it's short term. Again, this is about survival, not making friends.
but "eliminating hamas" is "regime change"...that's what we're talking about here

and do you think the rhetoric was any different post 9/11 here?

i guess i just don't understand why people think regime change failed as a strategy in iraq, afghanistan, libya, and a bunch of other places, but is going to be successful here

Eliminating Hamas as the governing body in Gaza shouldn't be controversial.

How about long term? From all the images they have basically leveled the place. What sort of mentality takes hold in a poverty-stricken area where the residents (already tightly controlled) barely have the means to survive? What educational system do you have? Jobs? Prospects for a future brighter than scraping by and being recruited by Hamas or its successor?

I get Israel’s desire to lash out, just don’t know if they’ve fully thought this through.

You do know that what you described is actually the life of palestinians. The only way for palestinians to have a better life is for Israel to succeed in eliminating hamas. Without a change, it's more of the same.

but "eliminating hamas" is "regime change"...that's what we're talking about here

and do you think the rhetoric was any different post 9/11 here?

i guess i just don't understand why people think regime change failed as a strategy in iraq, afghanistan, libya, and a bunch of other places, but is going to be successful here

There are different levels of success. Had we done nothing there maybe would have been more attacks on the US. Look at israel for example, they've allowed hamas to stay in power and they continue to be attacked. It's time to try an new regime in Gaza. They don't have to be friends for it to be a success.

100% agree we would go scorched earth.

i'm not saying it is controversial

i'm asking if it's going to be effective.

eliminating the taliban as the governing body in afghanistan wasn't controversial. it also wasn't effective
It would have been effective if we didn't allow them to take back control.

Pretty sure Israel will be more diligent in that aspect.

Reactions: SB_SB
There are different levels of success. Had we done nothing there maybe would have been more attacks on the US. Look at israel for example, they've allowed hamas to stay in power and they continue to be attacked. It's time to try an new regime in Gaza. They don't have to be friends for it to be a success.
so, in general...you'd say our foreign policy post-9/11 was a success and a model for how other countries should deal with terrorists and terrorist-aligned governments?

if that's what you think, fine...that just wasn't the general feeling i got from many people for the past few years

Basically Israel can't fight Hamas because they hide behind civilians.

There's no way "around it" in a war.

Well meaning folks like you give Hamas a free pass.
No, I'm just not going to justify bombing civilian areas killing tens of thousands. Are you telling me this is the only way? I call BS.

so, in general...you'd say our foreign policy post-9/11 was a success and a model for how other countries should deal with terrorists and terrorist-aligned governments?

if that's what you think, fine...that just wasn't the general feeling i got from many people for the past few years

It's never going to be perfect because we're dealing with terrorists.

No, I'm just not going to justify bombing civilian areas killing tens of thousands. Are you telling me this is the only way? I call BS.
If Hamas is hiding behind civilians what is your recommendation for taking them out?

Strongly worded letter?

Israel needs US aid to finish off a group that uses paragliders as an air force? If other state actors attacked them I'd say give them what they need but for Hamas? Get a grip.

• Haha
Reactions: binsfeldcyhawk2
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT