ADVERTISEMENT

Biden says Congress should ban assault weapons and high capacity magazines after Colorado shooting

No one wants to address real problems....gun bans is a damn scape goat.

If you want to really chase after mental health and causation (anger, hate, etc.), you'll also be going up against cooperate giants who:

- provide the unchecked social media platforms manipulating society
- provide all the damn mental health drugs
- provide the income gap between the 1%ers and the rest of America

How do you go after the wheels that turn our country? You don't. You sign a useless EO about gun bans.

Not to mention too much sugar and caffeine.

Not to mention too much sugar and caffeine.
M0tTU5x.gif

We hear all these claims that the only way to stop a bad person with a gun is a good person with a gun.
Well, clearly that was wrong in Boulder.
So..what's the bullshit excuse from gun nuts here?

We hear all these claims that the only way to stop a bad person with a gun is a good person with a gun.
Are you seriously trying to work the angle that a guy who tried to stop murder but failed needs to be a focus for why would should not attempt to stop it? Remember the fellas in Texas that shot a armed lunatic going off? Those stories don't sell. I know you guys see this and think shit is cray cray but there are 330,000,000 million people in the country and almost as many guns. Gun crimes, especially of a certain profile, make great news.

• Haha
Reactions: RileyHawk
So the cops weren't the good guy here? That's a weird take on it.

What I am saying is even a good guy with a gun didn't stop the carnage.
Pretty much blows up the gun nuts talking points.
And I'm saying a good guy with a gun did stop the carnage. It's a shame that an armed private citizen didn't stop it sooner, but the fact remains, it still took a good guy with a gun to stop the bad guy with a gun.

Reactions: Finance85
Are you seriously trying to work the angle that a guy who tried to stop murder but failed needs to be a focus for why would should not attempt to stop it? Remember the fellas in Texas that shot a armed lunatic going off? Those stories don't sell. I know you guys see this and think shit is cray cray but there are 330,000,000 million people in the country and almost as many guns. Gun crimes, especially of a certain profile, make great news.

The problem is, your solution only works if everyone has guns. As it is, for every example you cite we can find 10 where there wasn’t a good guy with a gun present.

Reactions: RileyHawk
That’s exactly what happened at every mass shooting already. We’re still waiting for the 100 million strong cavalry to show up.

They never do though.
Had my girlfriend (no pic) been there, she would have given the guy a fight. You'd be surprised at how many women are carrying these days.

It doesn't matter though. I don't carry, but if someone breaks into my house, I don't want to be outgunned.

You are of the belief the gun violence would go down if responsible gun owners gave up their firearms?

Did I say that?

what I am for is attacking this issue from all sides, both on addressing the reasons that cause people to commit crimes using guns as well as reducing the availability of at least some guns to commit those crimes. I’m just tired of hearing the good guys with a gun are the only good defense, when in reality it requires a specific set of circumstances to be effective.

Obama went as far as he could go with EOs and they were totally meaningless.

Do you think Biden could go farther than Obama if he declares a National Emergency?

I doubt he would, but just curious if that would allow more options.

Did ya fact check that, or simply post something that supported your beliefs?

And I'm saying a good guy with a gun did stop the carnage. It's a shame that an armed private citizen didn't stop it sooner, but the fact remains, it still took a good guy with a gun to stop the bad guy with a gun.
SWAT is a bit more than "a good guy with a gun".

Add this to the list of other things that Biden wants and perhaps he can wipe his ass with it...

Correct. It’s a bunch of good guys with a bunch of guns. You better stop now. You’re getting owned here. Signed -
Gun Nut.
We're talking LEO. Not some roided up private citizens that saved the day.
I suspect there's a percentage of high powered weapons owners that got beat up in high school that now feel tough because they own an AK.
Did I just describe you?

Anyone know if the slain officer was armed with his sidearm or a long gun? Anyone also know if he was trying to stop the perp or was he trying to clear/defend potential victims?

Anyone know if the slain officer was armed with his sidearm or a long gun? Anyone also know if he was trying to stop the perp or was he trying to clear/defend potential victims?

My understanding is that he was one of the first cops on the scene, they could still hear gunshots, so he went in. I’m assuming he probably had only a side arm, I have no idea whether or not patrol units regularly carry extra ordinance in their cars.

My understanding is that he was one of the first cops on the scene, they could still hear gunshots, so he went in. I’m assuming he probably had only a side arm, I have no idea whether or not patrol units regularly carry extra ordinance in their cars.
Sad deal. 51 and leaves behind 7 kids. His dad told CNN he was looking into becoming a drone operator since it would be less dangerous. Too bad he didn't get that done. There are some LEOs who put their family first and walk away and start another career. Too bad there aren't more.

Reactions: sober_teacher
We're talking LEO. Not some roided up private citizens that saved the day.
I suspect there's a percentage of high powered weapons owners that got beat up in high school that now feel tough because they own an AK.
Did I just describe you?
I wasn’t bullied in HS and I dont own an AK. Nor any rifle that uneducated folks might characterize as an assault weapon. And I don’t take ‘roids’. I’m an all natural athlete thank you though.

BUT I firmly believe in the law abiding citizenry being allowed to arm themselves without restriction. For a whole host of reasons. We can debate those if you’re up to it. But if you are gonna engage in ad hominem attacks it isn’t worth my time.

You might be used to being able to be the aggressor in win debates by acquiescence but you’re gonna be outmatched here so fair warning.

Reactions: Gimmered
BUT I firmly believe in the law abiding citizenry being allowed to arm themselves without restriction. For a whole host of reasons. We can debate those if you’re up to it. But if you are gonna engage in ad hominem attacks it isn’t worth my time.

You might be used to being able to be the aggressor in win debates by acquiescence but you’re gonna be outmatched here so fair warning.
Do you really mean this? “Without restriction”?

I can't imagine one good reason why an average American citizen needs to possess a semi auto. Not one.
Dude. Shotguns can be semi auto. As are almost all pistols. Educate yourself. Seriously. Or do you mean to ban those too?

Now if you mean so called assault rifles, I can. Protection from government intrusion and usurpation of our right to self determination and liberty.

The gun debate has never been about being able to own an .223 to hunt. Never. That had zero to do with the 2nd Amnedment. Framing the debate this way belies your ignorance to the original intent.

Maybe thats the point?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT