ADVERTISEMENT

Big Coaching change coming before NCAA's?

"San Luis Obispo, California, gets 31 inches of rain per year. The US average is 37. Snowfall is 0 inches. The average US city gets 25 inches of snow per year. The number of days with any measurable precipitation is 49.

On average, there are 287 sunny days per year in San Luis Obispo, California. The July high is around 70 degrees. The January low is 42. Our comfort index, which is based on humidity during the hot months, is a 60 out of 100, where higher is more comfortable. The US average on the comfort index is 44."

Why would you want to leave that?

Reactions: PSU Mike
It's big news when you consider California is a hot bed for wrestling and now there are 2 head coaching jobs up for grabs that can and should attract a premier head coach add in that Buckley is now the executive director of BTS-NY the largest non profit wrestling group in one of the biggest cities in this country makes it some pretty big news

Didn't Mark Perry spend some time at Cal Poly right before IL?

I have Bad feeling about this whole thing. These are the kind of changes that could potentially change wrestling as we know it, FOREVER!

Reactions: wasdt21
It's big news when you consider California is a hot bed for wrestling and now there are 2 head coaching jobs up for grabs that can and should attract a premier head coach add in that Buckley is now the executive director of BTS-NY the largest non profit wrestling group in one of the biggest cities in this country makes it some pretty big news

Small program and a city directors position.

This is regionally big news. Not far reaching news for the sport.

So, really, Perry is going to go to Cal Poly, where Mike Evans is....and they're going to produce the worlds greatest edge of the mat wrestlers that won't take a shot...

but seriously, Perry to Cal Poly would be interesting...maybe Pariano heads out there or is he employed somewhere? I would think that his name would be in the mix somewhere...maybe Mich State would hire him? He could have free reign...

So, really, Perry is going to go to Cal Poly, where Mike Evans is....and they're going to produce the worlds greatest edge of the mat wrestlers that won't take a shot...

but seriously, Perry to Cal Poly would be interesting...maybe Pariano heads out there or is he employed somewhere? I would think that his name would be in the mix somewhere...maybe Mich State would hire him? He could have free reign...

When Perry left Cal Poly he held the title of co-head coach. He is now in a position to be the heir to the Illinois program (and if you hadn't noticed, Illinois produces a few studs on it's own). I guess it's possible for him to go back, but Perry was already in a position to take over Cal Poly if he wanted to.

If I was Pariano,I'd wait for Miinnesota or Michigan State! He has proven himself to be an elite coach. I don't think Cal Poly can be a top five team. At least at MSU,you can recruit Ohio.

Sorry I haven't chimed in on the lastest Sandusky thread but I'm working on my app and resume for the Cal Poly job. Have you googled images for "cal poly campus"? Who gives a crap about wrestling, it's a top ten rated surf college and they offer a degree in Wine and Viticulture. The waters "cold" and "sharky" - boo-hoo, Robles did all right with one leg!

California Polytechnic State University
San Luis Obispo, CA
We’re not talking keg-stands. Cal Poly actually offers a B.A. in Wine and Viticulture. And with lots of uncrowded (albeit a bit cold and rumored to be sharky) surf, it’s the perfect option for surfing sommeliers—especially if they also happen to appreciate agriculture, since that’s what CPSU is known for.
Annual Cost: $22,000 in-state / $28,000 out-of-state
Enrolled: 18,300
Avg incoming GPA: 3.8
Male/Female Ratio: 56/44
Perks: Vino. Shaping classes. Hip downtown scene with plenty of bars (for non-accredited partaking) and live music.
A Word from an Alumnus: “There are so many empty lineups close to the school that you can pretty much surf by yourself every session. Cal Poly is a very wave rich area if you know where to go. Plus there is always a party going on with tons of girls.” —Shawn Dollar, big-wave surfer

Buckley is really good on raising money that's one of the great things he did at cal poly he now can do that at BTS-NY which in turn can give these kids more opportunities here

Reactions: Kwoodhawk
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT