ADVERTISEMENT

Bono Oh No

only having to wait 1 year to collect your signing bonus is gonna make it pretty hard to pass on PSU. With the portal Cael doesn’t even have to go behind coaches backs to get a steady stream of these type of transfers.

Translation:
Actual AA level transfers to Iowa = Awesome.

Rumored transfers to Penn State = Cael is a cheating bast@%@.

(Hopefully the rumors about Bono are not true.)

Translation:

What AAs transferred to Iowa? Neither AD or Lugo were AAs before coming to Iowa. At ADs weight Iowa had a walk on (because Carl convinced Teasdale to go to PSU) and had no one at Lugo's weight. Not quite the same as a 3rd place NCAA finisher and possibly a 2X finalist and 1X champ coming in at weights were there are already blue chip recruits available to wrestle.

Carl is a slime regardless.

Where is this being reported at?

It's not as is the Gross rumor. Just like the Cassar 6th year "I heard it from a friend who heard it from a friend who heard it from a friend that knows the insider from coaches.
If its actually true then the people who are so convinced of it should put money up, that if it isn't they donate to Wrestling for life!

Reactions: HawkFT and bnicolls
Translation:

I’d heard something about Gross to PSU but it didn’t make a lot of sense considering Bono and he would have McD to work out with. Welp, now it does. Now all I hope, if true, that none of it got on McD.

Wow..... this kind of reeks on a few levels.... Gross this “good” kid from a “Christian” family seems to attract trouble...he and Cale are perfect for each other.... both shit on the programs that gave them their opportunities

Any specifics on the recruiting violations? I’m assuming tampering related?

Make it 5x rumor that Bono was getting fired. Heard it from an SDSU grad, supporter and formerwrestler. They had issues with him @SDSU as well. Don’t know what kind of issues
Has been rumored since the beginning of the season.Athletes at SD St didn't like the way they were treated not sure what will come of it.Then once he started at Wisconsin a few athletes left and didn't like the way they were treated.Sounds like some athletes like Bono and some dont.He is definitely old school when it comes to training but many programs train that way.As a coach you will never make everyone happy.

It's not as is the Gross rumor. Just like the Cassar 6th year "I heard it from a friend who heard it from a friend who heard it from a friend that knows the insider from coaches.
If its actually true then the people who are so convinced of it should put money up, that if it isn't they donate to Wrestling for life!

Relax, Francis. This is a site for rumors. It will probe or disprove itself in good time.

What AAs transferred to Iowa? Neither AD or Lugo were AAs before coming to Iowa. At ADs weight Iowa had a walk on (because Carl convinced Teasdale to go to PSU) and had no one at Lugo's weight. Not quite the same as a 3rd place NCAA finisher and possibly a 2X finalist and 1X champ coming in at weights were there are already blue chip recruits available to wrestle.

Carl is a slime regardless.

If we could put a low placewinner true frosh on redshirt and replace him with an NCAA champion we had better damn well be taking a hard look at said NCAA champion. Just speaking generally—Gross isn’t a fit at Iowa for obvious reasons.

Wow..... this kind of reeks on a few levels.... Gross this “good” kid from a “Christian” family seems to attract trouble...he and Cale are perfect for each other.... both shit on the programs that gave them their opportunities
Brands left VT, a program that gave him his first head coaching opportunity. Did Tom "shit" on VT or did he take a job that offered more and was a better fit for him? Desanto and Lugo left previous programs that gave them their opportunities. Did those two "shit" on their programs? Gross is a great kid and I have no idea why you would want to make him out to be any different.

Has been rumored since the beginning of the season.Athletes at SD St didn't like the way they were treated not sure what will come of it.Then once he started at Wisconsin a few athletes left and didn't like the way they were treated.Sounds like some athletes like Bono and some dont.He is definitely old school when it comes to training but many programs train that way.As a coach you will never make everyone happy.
In today’s world if Gable made them get off the bus and run back to Iowa City he’d probably be fired.

This is certainly a take.

Translation:

Translation:

Actual non-AA’s transfer to Iowa, and within 1 year, Brands turns them into AA’s.

Rumored transfers to Penn St - no corrections needed... you got that one exactly right.

If we could put a low placewinner true frosh on redshirt and replace him with an NCAA champion we had better damn well be taking a hard look at said NCAA champion. Just speaking generally—Gross isn’t a fit at Iowa for obvious reasons.

This is the attitude that Iowa, and every school, should have.

This is certainly a take.
Sometimes I speak before I think.... but I’ll never have respect for Sanderson after he betrayed Bobby Douglas the way he did...I’ll admit I don’t know anything about the Gross situation and these are rumors.... so I probably should reserve judgment on him.... does seem like bailing on SDSU like he is kinda shitty.... but what do I know

I knew this is what they were talking about at big tens...

9QeUSmD.jpg

Sometimes I speak before I think.... but I’ll never have respect for Sanderson after he betrayed Bobby Douglas the way he did...I’ll admit I don’t know anything about the Gross situation and these are rumors.... so I probably should reserve judgment on him.... does seem like bailing on SDSU like he is kinda shitty.... but what do I know

I wasn't trying to come off like you were out of line! I just saw it in passing at work and chuckled a little bit and had to comment, it's all good.

Yeah, it's a brave new world and I think it's gonna impact EVERYONE with the transfer stuff (and I know Gross is a grad transfer as opposed to, say, Desanto, who had to be ruled eligible).

Reactions: natchrlman
So his head coach and assistant who he’s probly rolling with daily leave. He’s injured and looking at grad schools which SDSU may not have. But he seems shitty. We’re Desanto or Lugo shitty? He should set himself up for his best possible future. Wrestling and otherwise.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT