ADVERTISEMENT

Bono Oh No

Sometimes I speak before I think.... but I’ll never have respect for Sanderson after he betrayed Bobby Douglas the way he did...I’ll admit I don’t know anything about the Gross situation and these are rumors.... so I probably should reserve judgment on him.... does seem like bailing on SDSU like he is kinda shitty.... but what do I know
So his head coach and assistant who he’s probly rolling with daily leave. He’s injured and looking at grad schools which SDSU may not have. But he seems shitty. We’re Desanto or Lugo shitty? He should set himself up for his best possible future. Wrestling and otherwise.
Yea like I said I should probably reserve judgement....now do you know that this is about grad schools? If so I’ll admit being out of line.....seems more about wrestling than Grad school on the surface

Reactions: 24 so far
Yea like I said I should probably reserve judgement....now do you know that this is about grad schools? If so I’ll admit being out of line.....seems more about wrestling than Grad school on the surface
Makes him a bad person for wanting to be with his coaches Bono and Reader. Who he went to when they were at SDSU?

Reactions: pointingdogsrule
I don’t know and if it is about wrestling I don’t have a problem with it. For him and many others wrestling is another graduate degree. He should set himself up for success next year and beyond. If that’s at PSU, Minnesota, Wisconsin, or Iowa he should take the opportunity.

All the minny and SDSU fans I talked to at ncaa’s said gross was heading to Minnesota.
Heard that he would not even return a call from Minnesota. He is going to PSU. Cael was pitching 50k a year 6 years down the road to high schoolers . Can you imagine what the pitch he is giving to a guy 1 year from being in the NLWC? This for sure is also gonna make the grey shirt standard issue in State College so he can have room every year for these types of moves.

The Bono to be fired rumor has been surfacing for months. I will believe it when I see it from UW. If he did any of the things I've been told he should be fired. If he didn't he should keep his job. Questions, what happens to the UW staff? Are they implicated or free from all allegations? Anyone know if McD is happy in Madison? Surely someone on this board knows about McD.

Reactions: CCvNYC
All I hope out of this is we get Matt back in Iowa City if possible.
Or maybe he’ll slide into the head coaching vacancy at Wisconsin.... we don’t have any coaching vacancies.... but I wonder if he would consider Luke Eustices position.... sadly we just can’t keep all of these guys and its good to see them succeed wherever it may be.... except Iowa State

Heard that he would not even return a call from Minnesota. He is going to PSU. Cael was pitching 50k a year 6 years down the road to high schoolers . Can you imagine what the pitch he is giving to a guy 1 year from being in the NLWC? This for sure is also gonna make the grey shirt standard issue in State College so he can have room every year for these types of moves.
Minny was his first choice after leaving Iowa. He and the coaches were all set but the new AD wanted no part of it after the xanax ordeal. Not sure if the AD would still hold this stance or not. His brother will be wrestling for Augsburg next year so I could see where he would like to be close to home to see that. He is also starting a Freestyle/Greco club with an old Apple Valley teammate so there could be legs to him to Minny.

You have old info. Latest I've heard is $75K/yr plus PED discounts. Have it on good authority from my friend's cousin's nephew's neighbor's brother-in-law's chiropractor, whose uncle's sister's half-grand niece's boyfriend wrestled with Cassar in high school. :cool:

I know Gross left Iowa on bad terms. But why not give him a call to come back? He was a 18 yr old kid and TnT have been known to give second chances. It's obvious he had a connection to Iowa. I'd think it would be a good pitch to say come finish where you started and lets train at the HWC after you graduate. If he has any interest in the senior circuit I'd think Iowa City would be the best place in the world for him. Plus close to home.

For the amount of talent available to Cael, I can’t imagine why he would have to bribe anyone.

Reactions: pointingdogsrule
If this happens, it may be possible for McDonough to take over Eustice’s vacated position. He’s done competing and great ambassador whose skill set would fit nicely into that role.
Is McD looking for a job that pays less than 50K?

If we could put a low placewinner true frosh on redshirt and replace him with an NCAA champion we had better damn well be taking a hard look at said NCAA champion. Just speaking generally—Gross isn’t a fit at Iowa for obvious reasons.
How about all is forgiven. @141, just saying

Has been rumored since the beginning of the season.Athletes at SD St didn't like the way they were treated not sure what will come of it.Then once he started at Wisconsin a few athletes left and didn't like the way they were treated.Sounds like some athletes like Bono and some dont.He is definitely old school when it comes to training but many programs train that way.As a coach you will never make everyone happy.
I heard bono threw wrenches at them before dodge ball practice.

Reactions: honkey69
Or maybe he’ll slide into the head coaching vacancy at Wisconsin.... we don’t have any coaching vacancies.... but I wonder if he would consider Luke Eustices position.... sadly we just can’t keep all of these guys and its good to see them succeed wherever it may be.... except Iowa State
I always wish the best for them wherever they land, Matt is one of my favorite Hawks.

Reactions: natchrlman
Relax spooner just saying it like it is, try getting laid once instead of being an ass all the time.

I’m only an ass some of the time. You were saying it like it isn’t. That’s the whole point. Anyhoo...

I know Gross left Iowa on bad terms. But why not give him a call to come back? He was a 18 yr old kid and TnT have been known to give second chances. It's obvious he had a connection to Iowa. I'd think it would be a good pitch to say come finish where you started and lets train at the HWC after you graduate. If he has any interest in the senior circuit I'd think Iowa City would be the best place in the world for him. Plus close to home.

This isn’t happening. It’s just not.

Is McD looking for a job that pays less than 50K?

Probably not. But he might be out of a job and perhaps there’s other opportunities for him with the Iowa program. One can dream, I guess.

Back injuries are game changers and no matter where Gross goes next year I'm putting him no better than third. I was mildly pleased for him when he won it, but it was a perfect storm with Tamasello and Suriano both down at 125 praying that Lee would leave the red-shirt on.

Back injuries are game changers and no matter where Gross goes next year I'm putting him no better than third. I was mildly pleased for him when he won it, but it was a perfect storm with Tamasello and Suriano both down at 125 praying that Lee would leave the red-shirt on.

Gross is an absolute stud. To say he benefited from NaTo and Suriano being at 125 is true, it's always easier to win when really good guys are at other weights. But he doesn't take a backseat to them at all.

Gross is an absolute stud. To say he benefited from NaTo and Suriano being at 125 is true, it's always easier to win when really good guys are at other weights. But he doesn't take a backseat to them at all.

He has funk but is not exactly great on his feet. He was also cutting a ton at 133 and after a year off that might get a bit more unpleasant. IMO Suriano and Fix both match up well with him and I like a more seasoned Micic too. The year he won it his best wins were over Brock, Bridges, OT over Wilson in the semis and over Micic in the final. Brock, Bridges and Wilson failed to AA this year and Micic has gotten a lot better. He can be beaten if you avoid getting junked early.

Agreed. Have to think Gross is a tier below Suriano, Fix, and Micic at this point but who knows how he will look after a year off and in a new room.
You are full of great takes lately. To say a 2x finalist and national champ is a tier below those guys is putting you right up there with the likes of, Iowa will score 150 and will shutout PSU in a dual. You better stick to fighting the compliance battles.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT