Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Or steal my daddy's cue and make a living out of playin' pool

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Or find myself a rock and roll band that needs a helpin' hand

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Oh, Maggie, I wished I'd never seen your face

Votes: 3 7.3%

• Total voters
They are healthy, but not every employer offers them. I think it is a good thing to stand for part of the day. Sitting all day makes us fat.

Reactions: BrianNole777
my butt starts going numb

Cracking Up Lol GIF

Reactions: BrianNole777
Yes, but have to be careful not to stand all day or in negatively impacts my knees. I alternate standing and sitting all day.

Reactions: Jimmy McGill
Yes, but have to be careful not to stand all day or in negatively impacts my knees. I alternate standing and sitting all day.
Yeah, from what I have read, standing all day is just as bad. The best thing is variety, stand for awhile, then walk around, sit for awhile, then walk around….too much of anything is bad.

I accomplish this by drinking tons of coffee. I’m always up either going for more coffee or going to the men’s room to piss so I never stay in one place too long….

I have a stand up desk and a walking treadmill. I stand some, sit some, and usually walk some. I try to walk in the morning and after lunch.

Anyone still use one?
I herniated a disc at L5/S1. A standing desk has been a huge help in rebuilding muscle. For a while, sitting for longer than 10-15 minutes was quite uncomfortable. Ever since moving to a standing desk, I’ve found I’m able to sit comfortably for longer periods of time.

The receptionist at my office uses one. Stands about half the time i think.

Anyone still use one?
I would say more people than not in my office have ones that can raise and lower. The idea of standing while working is not appealing to me, at all. Outside of in-person meetings and certain in-person functions of my job, I can come and go as I wish, or walk around the office or skywalk as I wish, so I can get up and move more than many, I suppose, so that detracts from any appeal they might have.

Last edited:
Yeah, from what I have read, standing all day is just as bad. The best thing is variety, stand for awhile, then walk around, sit for awhile, then walk around….too much of anything is bad.

I accomplish this by drinking tons of coffee. I’m always up either going for more coffee or going to the men’s room to piss so I never stay in one place too long….
Me too.

Yes, and it's awesome. Usually stand for a couple of hours then sit for a half hour and rinse and repeat until the end of the day.

My job requires a ton of printing, scanning, filling, etc so I'm always up and walking around anyway and standing makes it much more efficient.

I've used one at work for about 5 years now. I pretty much stand the whole day.

Were standard issue in the office and when we all went remote employer gave us a huge discount to purchase one for home. I rarely stood in the office, at home though I stand 3-4 hours a day.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT