ADVERTISEMENT

Boyle?

Thank you for clarifying things. Let’s hope this never happens again.....anywhere! I appreciate your posts.

Unfortunately it still does.
JMixon.jpg

Reactions: RogerKint
I really wanted to read about our friend and fellow alum Mr. Boyle... I respect these guys that give us the years and their hearts, and really wish them well. I'll be watching Maryville...

Reactions: cap_tain8
I heard he was interested in UNI and Northern Illinois, but both are on our schedule, so Iowa blocked him from them. Makes sense!

Northwest Missouri State is in the MIAA conference. One of my sons played for Ft. Hays and my other son plays for Washburn. Northwest lost a few games last year and only beat Washburn by 7. Then lost 1st round in play offs. might need some help at quarterback.
Don’t see many other people here connected to Washburn. Go Bods.

Reactions: cap_tain8
Kicking him off the team would have been booting him from the only family he had. He would have went back to Cali and TO would have had little impact on his life. Lawrence was loved by his teammates, and like family they wanted to see him defeat his demons and this includes TO. You should check out the HBO documentary “Running for his life”, or research some of the letters he wrote to TO while in prison. Sometimes it just doesn’t work out...
The only problem is that even if TO was just looking out for the kid, and not his own interests, that shouldn't be how it works. These coaches, administators, faculty, have an obligation to the students and locals to assure the young men under their purview are law abiding good citizens. Playing college athletics, and having your education paid for, is a privalage, and not a birth right.

I heard he was interested in UNI and Northern Illinois, but both are on our schedule, so Iowa blocked him from them. Makes sense!

Iowa has let guys transfer to UNI in past even when we played them like Malloy and Barkley Hill. Maybe KF changed his mind since. Hopefully we don't allow him to go to Drake like others have done.

These coaches, administators, faculty, have an obligation to the students and locals to assure the young men under their purview are law abiding good citizens. Playing college athletics, and having your education paid for, is a privalage, and not a birth right.
I agree.

The only problem is that even if TO was just looking out for the kid, and not his own interests, that shouldn't be how it works. These coaches, administators, faculty, have an obligation to the students and locals to assure the young men under their purview are law abiding good citizens. Playing college athletics, and having your education paid for, is a privalage, and not a birth right.
Your hindsight is 20/20 congrats.

You tried to be smart and failed. If your going to be prentious enough to correct a message board atleast do so with an Oxford comma. My 2 u dergrad degrees are from Nebraska Wesleyan, my masters is from Doane.
Interesting, in that case, there are only two reasons for your Iowa allegiance:
1. You lost a bet.
2. You are a fan of college wrestling.

Interesting, in that case, there are only two reasons for your Iowa allegiance:
1. You lost a bet.
2. You are a fan of college wrestling.

Or..... I was born and raised Iowan. I was 13 when KF took over and remember Hayden games on the tv/radio before that. We didn't win much but I was always an optimist. It took KF a couple years to get the boat turned around but by the timeI was a sophomore in High school (02) we were Nationally coming around. One of two things happen when you spend a significant amount of time in another culture, you assimilate, or become very ingrained in your own beliefs. I left Nebraska June of 16 with a giant painted I on the corner of 55th and Franklin. YaYa's is for boys who think they are girls, Runza is recycled crap in a bun, and sparks sauce is glorified catchup. Dorthy lynch can suck my bag. Lincoln's only good quality: Alibabas.

Last edited:
Or..... I was born and raised Iowan. I was 13 when KF took over and remember Hayden games on the tv/radio before that. We didn't win much but I was always an optimist. It took KF a couple years to get the boat turned around but by the timeI was a sophomore in High school (02) we were Nationally coming around. One of two things happen when you spend a significant amount of time in another culture, you assimilate, or become very ingrained in your own beliefs. I left Nebraska June of 16 with a giant painted I on the corner of 55th and Franklin. YaYa's is for boys who think they are girls, Runza is recycled crap in a bun, and sparks sauce is glorified catchup. Dorthy lynch can suck my bag. Lincoln's only good quality: Alibabas.
So, in other words, you lost a bet. I feel for you, gambling has not been good to you. Have a great Wednesday.

Yes, like others in this thread have mentioned, I have heard from some good sources that it will be Northwest Missouri St.

Great FB school and they run an offense that is perfect for him...probably closer to his HS style. Also, they had a good year last year with an amazing defense but the offense wasnt hitting like usual. They had a head coaching change so hopefully he gets the offense back on track. Think the D was rated #1 in D2 if I remember right. Several IC kids are playing down there right now.

Why we just talking about LP? Damon Benning, another woman beater, Rudy Washington, attempted 2nd degree murder charges. Tyrone Willaims, felony weapons/possession of stolen property. Reggie Ball, theft. Christian Peters, sexual assault. Many others documented while even more were swept under the rug before they became public.

A quote from County attorney, "That's Osborne using his influence to disrupt the criminal
justice system," Lacey says. "Osborne talks to witnesses.
Whether he tried to influence them or not ... someone with his
reputation would have an effect."

A quote from Jimmy Glass, Johnny Rodgers accomplice, on Osborne's teacher Devaney, when he got a visit at the police station from him regarding Rodgers's robbery. “His line was, 'Don't rock the boat for Johnny. Johnny's on the verge of doing great things.' ”

Both of these frauds cared more about winning than the community they were bringing these thugs into! Husker cult nation ALSO cared/s more about winning so who cares I guess! The do-gooder attitude is a cop out, and an easy out if you weren't one the the MANY victims!

ADVERTISEMENT