ADVERTISEMENT

Brennan Marion whispers

Single wide out 2 TE option attack with Deacon as the running QB threat confirmed for next Years Offense , That is Kirk's idea of sexy .... I have no idea about the Go Go's offense but when I search it all that comes up is " Our lips are sealed "

Single wide out 2 TE option attack with Deacon as the running QB threat confirmed for next Years Offense , That is Kirk's idea of sexy .... I have no idea about the Go Go's offense but when I search it all that comes up is " Our lips are sealed "
I think it is actually a 20 formation (2 RBs and Zero TE)or a 21 formation (2 RBs and one TE). No fullback....both backs to be expected to block AND run. Some elements of RPO. Quick to the LOS.

If he DOES come that will be the end of Deacon. Also interesting is how do you run that offense with Cade?? Of course there is a possibility a hybrid offense is developed.

Hmm, this is definitely interesting. Seems like a lot of schools with clout have, or have had, interest in him. Seems like a weird fit though with KF but if he's as good as he's being touted to be by some, let's do it.
This would definitely signal a complete overhaul of the offense. Like, throw the old playbook in the dumpster and start over. The offense he runs hardly ever uses a tight-end. Unless he would plan on adapting his offense to include more tight-end play in it.

Reactions: TRHawkeye145
He's currently the OC/QB coach at UNLV. He might still want that QB coaching position if he goes somewhere else. Lots of wide receiver coaching experience as well. He fills some much needed gaps in experience and expertise if he comes on board. At 37 years he looks like the epitome of the "young up and comer". If nothing else he'd be an exciting hire.
I'd say he would replace Copeland and Budmayr would be QB coach.

Reactions: TRHawkeye145
I think it is actually a 20 formation (2 RBs and Zero TE)or a 21 formation (2 RBs and one TE). No fullback....both backs to be expected to block AND run. Some elements of RPO. Quick to the LOS.

If he DOES come that will be the end of Deacon. Also interesting is how do you run that offense with Cade?? Of course there is a possibility a hybrid offense is developed.
That sure does sound like a " We got the beat " type offense for sure

I find it weird players would start following a coach that isn’t their coach around the same time as well as parents of players. Either A. They aren’t actually following him. B. They have been following him from previous recruitment or C. Brad didn’t say “no chance” I did see on TOS Brad said they have been working on many leads… so maybe this is just another lead and players heard about him and like it… if only someone could check when these players started following him. That would have to mean something
Brad did say no chance. He also said we have not even been in contact with Marion....

It’s exhausting trying to keep up with this. KF just needs to name someone already.

Doesn't make any sense for people to discount Brad....he's got insight into this program that everyone else doesn't.

This would definitely signal a complete overhaul of the offense. Like, throw the old playbook in the dumpster and start over. The offense he runs hardly ever uses a tight-end. Unless he would plan on adapting his offense to include more tight-end play in it.
If he's a really good OC then he would be able to adapt and would probably be salivating at the thought of what he could do with Iowa's TEs.

Thank you. I would say that even tho he isn’t directly in the program he is in enough that if he says no chance that it’s not happening. Thread closed lol
Yeah.....he has a good relationship with Beth as well as KF that I believe he has said has grown into a friendship so if he says it, it's probably true. And he is very good about not really saying much until having a good grasp that what he posts is true. Things can change but he's as close to a solid source as one could get really.

Still mind boggling, what coach has Deacon Hill as their qb?
What the heck.

I don't think he's the long term solution.
Lol

Beats me. Interviews I've heard with Heinrichs always indicate he doesn't know what goes on in the inner circle of the program but does have interactions outside of that with the coaches. He's a weird person to ask in this regard. I get that he at least has interactions with the coaches but I really doubt KF would be open to communication at this level with Brad.
But I’ve been told here he knows way more than media who have covered the program for 25 years.

But I’ve been told here he knows way more than media who have covered the program for 25 years.
Brad may be right, and I am not saying he is not right. But to believe he knows everyone that has been contacted about the OC position, I find that hard to believe.
Now someone inside the program may have told him Marion was not getting the job. But was it Iowa deciding this or Marion.
I have no idea if he was ever considered or even had contact with Iowa.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT