ADVERTISEMENT

Brennan Marion whispers

This will be a homerun hire.
His offense requires a dual threat qb. He has brought in two qb’s in the portal this year to UNLV. If he were to come, gotta wonder if a qb would follow. This totally goes against KF’s desire to utilize a qb as a runner, however. Plus, unless we utilize two qb’s, another thing KF hates. I don’t see McNamara being suitable for his offense.

This would definitely signal a complete overhaul of the offense. Like, throw the old playbook in the dumpster and start over. The offense he runs hardly ever uses a tight-end. Unless he would plan on adapting his offense to include more tight-end play in it.

The big things about this offense is keeping the defense off balance through overloading, having one vertical threat and a QB that can distribute the ball. So it can easily be adapted to incorporate more TE/multiple TE usage.

His offense requires a dual threat qb. He has brought in two qb’s in the portal this year to UNLV. If he were to come, gotta wonder if a qb would follow. This totally goes against KF’s desire to utilize a qb as a runner, however. Plus, unless we utilize two qb’s, another thing KF hates. I don’t see McNamara being suitable for his offense.
His offense does not require a dual threat.

There's enough subterfuge going on in this search that I take Brad's comment on a forum thread with 10 pounds of salty skepticism. Kirk could be intentionally ****ing with the fans or the administration. Could be that he's trying to prevent UNLV (insert other college and hypothetical candidate here) from god fathering the hire if they catch wind Ferentz snooping around. Even if it's not Marion I'd love to hear some of the explanation around certain noise in this search when it's said and done. Ferentz' elite talent lies within the CEO side of the position.

Seems a little out of character for Kirk to bring this guy in. He typically goes for coaches with lots of tenure at programs.

Lainez and Resar?

Reactions: hawkdave007
i think a late name popping up like this is decent reason to speculate. Sure he’s job hopped but if KF doesn’t have many years in him, maybe he is fine with that.

It’s like 6 Iowa players that started following him btw. And family members of Iowa players.

I guess he scored more on Michigan than Iowa did. Just glad to get a hire done not even sure I’m sold on him.

i think a late name popping up like this is decent reason to speculate. Sure he’s job hopped but if KF doesn’t have many years in him, maybe he is fine with that.

It’s like 6 Iowa players that started following him btw. And family members of Iowa players.

I guess he scored more on Michigan than Iowa did. Just glad to get a hire done not even sure I’m sold on him.
For the type of personality iowa recruits that's like 60 players for typical programs. Family members following too? Now we have some smoky speculation to add to the OC hiring gumbo.

Like Wallace? Betts? Hodge? Woods? Heck, Parker? How about Reece? Okeefe? Should we go on?

Your lover Kakert doesn’t know shit. Brad may not have all the correct info but he sure as hell knows more than Kakert. But I doubt Brad knows much on this.

What has TK said on the topic? Lemme guess, the favs right now are Philbin and Chryst? I’ve said it prior. Neither of these two is the new OC.

Kakert can put his thoughts in his Hellboy ass.

f1ec2874-951d-46c0-807a-1969ec79dc61-hellboy-main.jpeg

Last edited:
Having read, watched some video on the Go-Go Offense, it is intriguing to me how an H-back could be utilized in this system, as ball carrier, protector, blocker or receiver.

It could be also be good fit for loading the roster with positions that we tend to recruit better -- RB, TE.

And with Lainez, Resar, and Sullivan having experience running the football we could evolve into a Power RPO offense that hinges on a lot of option routes for our TEs.

I can't think of many drawbacks.

Having read, watched some video on the Go-Go Offense, it is intriguing to me how an H-back could be utilized in this system, as ball carrier, protector, blocker or receiver.

It could be also be good fit for loading the roster with positions that we tend to recruit better -- RB, TE.

And with Lainez, Resar, and Sullivan having experience running the football we could evolve into a Power RPO offense that hinges on a lot of option routes for our TEs.

I can't think of many drawbacks.
This video has some back story on Marion while covering offense at 13 min mark.

I think he was at least brought in for an interview. Potentially same with Wake Forest OC.

In the last week, Alabama, Washington and Arizona have all filled their HC positions. Our OC spot has been open since October.

• Haha
Reactions: Tom Paris
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT