ADVERTISEMENT

Brennan Marion

Makes $310K at UNLV. Iowa can pay him a lot more, so there's a good financial incentive for him to make a move.
If I've had 10 girlfriends in the past 11 years and each one looks considerably better than the previous, would that be viewed as bad?
Maybe...but if I've had 10 jobs in the last 11 years, and each was because I was recruited to a position of higher responsibility and pay, would that be considered good? I vote yes.

If I've had 10 girlfriends in the past 11 years and each one looks considerably better than the previous, would that be viewed as bad?
Depends on if they increasingly make better sandwiches and do the chores like snow removal , mowing , raking leaves ,cooking , cleaning and laundry better than the last one, Guy has to have time to watch Games, gamble, go whoring and work on getting the next one lined up.

I would bet Proctor knows who it is.
Only a few in the inner-circle know where this is going. Proctor stated he knew Barnett and felt comfortable with him. He also said that of course he and coach Ferentz were also close.

Which makes it the most sense.

This isn't the right take. I think KF is being selective in who HE actually wants to come coach as OC. There are probably 75 current OC's in the country in college football that would want to come here.
Wow.
What are the odds that Kirk would somehow manage to pick the few that don’t want to come to Iowa?

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: IAHUNTER
Try jokes that are funny. That will make it easier to recognize them.
Hey, thanks for taking an interest. You’re the second person that’s offered me some constructive criticism on my posts. Most people would just ignore my posts that they don’t like and move on , but luckily there’s people here like you that are willing to speak up and help me out.
I’ll write a couple of jokes, which of course won’t be funny, and the you can let me know if you have any pointers for me on how to make them funnier. Again, thanks for being so willing to help 👍🏻

Kirk Ferentz is so dumb that when somebody called his offense antiquated he took it as a compliment because he thought they were saying how valuable it is.

How many Kirk Ferentzes does it take to hire an OC? I don’t know either, but one sure is taking a long time.

I think he would make a good wr coach. I also think our wr coach position pays more then he is making. I also think it would move him into an important role at a P5 (really P2 now) school. I think I would sign him to a 3-5 year contract, because he likes to move around. If he is committed and sees where this P2 thing is going, he would be smart to take the wr coaching job. But these are just things that make sense to me and what I think. (Like it matters). However, this also depends on the OC position, because they might have someone in mind for the wr coaching position. So, I guess we will just have to wait and see what happens. Think of it like Christmas morning and just hope you don't get socks.

Hey, thanks for taking an interest. You’re the second person that’s offered me some constructive criticism on my posts. Most people would just ignore my posts that they don’t like and move on , but luckily there’s people here like you that are willing to speak up and help me out.
I’ll write a couple of jokes, which of course won’t be funny, and the you can let me know if you have any pointers for me on how to make them funnier. Again, thanks for being so willing to help 👍🏻

Kirk Ferentz is so dumb that when somebody called his offense antiquated he took it as a compliment because he thought they were saying how valuable it is.

How many Kirk Ferentzes does it take to hire an OC? I don’t know either, but one sure is taking a long time.
I don't belive you wrote those jokes. I think you searched and filled in the blanks.

I think he would make a good wr coach. I also think our wr coach position pays more then he is making. I also think it would move him into an important role at a P5 (really P2 now) school. I think I would sign him to a 3-5 year contract, because he likes to move around. If he is committed and sees where this P2 thing is going, he would be smart to take the wr coaching job. But these are just things that make sense to me and what I think. (Like it matters). However, this also depends on the OC position, because they might have someone in mind for the wr coaching position. So, I guess we will just have to wait and see what happens. Think of it like Christmas morning and just hope you don't get socks.
Makes no sense for him being an OC and having the best offense in his conference to take a wr coaching position.

With all due respect, and I mean with all due respect. I’ll do all the baseless guessing I want. But it wasn’t baseless. Pretty much every media member is saying they think it’s down to NFL guy… I didn’t state that.
Amen brother, who made that guy the free board Gestapo? He can post his attempts at jokes and facts if he wishes.

Reactions: ICHawk2440
Makes no sense for him being an OC and having the best offense in his conference to take a wr coaching position.
Well, I guess if he wants to make more money it makes sense. I mean according to your argument, then why not take the OC from UNI? Coe or Grinnell? BECAUSE going from OC in some places to WR coach in others IS a step up.

None of you have figured out that this Merrion guy is young and he moves around to learn new systems, new ideas, to coach different units and position himself for bigger jobs.

Kinda got lost in this thread a bit, to confirm.. Marion crapped in his fridge, then turned down the job to be a male Gigalow? Man, I knew the offense was bad, but this is ridiculous.

Reactions: Hawktheworld
Well, I guess if he wants to make more money it makes sense. I mean according to your argument, then why not take the OC from UNI? Coe or Grinnell? BECAUSE going from OC in some places to WR coach in others IS a step up.
The guy is pretty highly regarded. He will get with a higher program and will be nicely compensated. If he was looking short term for financial gain, it would make sense. Considering he is young and just had the highest offense in his conference, he is selling himself way short taking a wr position

Reactions: uihawk82
The guy is pretty highly regarded. He will get with a higher program and will be nicely compensated. If he was looking short term for financial gain, it would make sense. Considering he is young and just had the highest offense in his conference, he is selling himself way short taking a wr position
You think it is just that easy? Let's put your theory to the test with players. Should will fill the roster with MAC players? Why not? How many players have you seen choose a sun belt team over a SEC or B10 team?? Why? How about real world, because someone manged a convenience store, should they then manage a fortune 500 company? Why not? Again, going from OC in a lesser (for lack of a better term) conf, to wr coach in a power 2 school is a step up. It is reflected in the pay difference. It is higher pressure, and you have to step up your game in every way. Majors > minors

He seems to have had discussions with a couple of people about the open OC position that declined the opportunity to come here. Isn’t that the same thing?
Maybe, or maybe after discussions he decided to look elsewhere. I don't know anymore than the guy claiming KF somehow picked some OC's and they declined. Maybe he even decided on someone who said, I need a bit of time to mull it over.

• Haha
Reactions: Bierhalter
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT