ADVERTISEMENT

Bruce Herrald hopes by June 1 teams can meet/practice. ND students back on campus for Aug 10 classes

Franisdaman

HR King
Nov 3, 2012
Heaven, Iowa
I will have whatever he's drinking. :)

There's a a moratorium on all team-related activities until June 1. So that means that right now athletes (including football players) are planning to resume practice on June 1.

Last edited:
I wonder why it is any time somebody comes out with something positive there's people that line up to say something either negative. Or depressing. I live out here in Arizona and I'd say probably 90% of the people aren't wearing anything and I just going about their daily lives. as it should be granted not all the big businesses are open. But we can eat and we can play golf. It's a shame the media's got most of the country scared to death.

I wonder why it is any time somebody comes out with something positive there's people that line up to say something either negative. Or depressing. I live out here in Arizona and I'd say probably 90% of the people aren't wearing anything and I just going about their daily lives. as it should be granted not all the big businesses are open. But we can eat and we can play golf. It's a shame the media's got most of the country scared to death.
people are scared, it's overreaction. No doubt it's serious, but look at the numbers from Italy, older people age those with underlying health conditions. Football players aren't in those categories

Reactions: unclesammy
I will have whatever he's drinking. :)

There's a a moratorium on all team-related activities until June 1. So that means that right now athletes (including football players) are planning to resume practice on June 1.

He's a capitalist from the business world. It's no surprise he's a soulless, money-driven liar (or an idiot).

That being said, I hope that's what happens.

As much as I'd love to see this would the B1G allow Iowa to ge a head start over the other states that are still shut down? Wouldn't it be all or none?

Elite athletes
Many athletes have had health issues be detected as a result of interaction with team Doctors. Bulaga and his thyroid issues come to mind. There is no room to assume every player will react the same if infected.

Team activities starting June 1st will certainly help their health as Doyle uses enough tech to track sleep etc anything they may catch would be detected earlier than training on their own. I would much rather say they are in the safest environment possible vs saying anything is overblown.

Kinnick and tailgating lots resuming as last year are another wait and see debate entirely but team activities should certainly be a go.

Don’t see it.
How many athletes involved in Iowa Athletics experience hypertension, obesity, diabetes and are over the age of 60? I know there is a little more to it than this. However, it is your choice if you want to live in a cave and not come out. Is there risk? Sure. However, the alternative is to shut down the world and I don’t believe that will end well. Check out the number of lives the A1 (H1N1) Virus has claimed every year since 2009. You may be shocked.

Reactions: unclesammy
Maybe but there are plenty of older people involved with the teams and many with high stress jobs...
And they interact with normal people not involved with the program - parents, grandparents, strangers at the grocery store, professors, etc. The whole goddamn thing is limiting contact to slow the spread and our idiot governor and university president are willfully ignoring that for profit.

people are scared, it's overreaction. No doubt it's serious, but look at the numbers from Italy, older people age those with underlying health conditions. Football players aren't in those categories
Some of us must not pay attention the the details .....this isn't about the healthy football player! It's about he healthy football player potentially carrying this virus for up to 14 day or maybe never showing and symptoms at all. And then this healthy football player visits his parents, grandparents, or maybe the children's hospital .......yeah ....there's is where the problem is!

As much as I'd love to see this would the B1G allow Iowa to ge a head start over the other states that are still shut down? Wouldn't it be all or none?
I love hearing from you Mrs Screw and I love your question because it just reminds me that we have way more questions than answers right now.

Reactions: MrsScrew
And they interact with normal people not involved with the program - parents, grandparents, strangers at the grocery store, professors, etc. The whole goddamn thing is limiting contact to slow the spread and our idiot governor and university president are willfully ignoring that for profit.
I like how a 25 minute drive from Ames to Ankeny means you can do what you want or not. Sends a pretty confusing message lol.

Some of us must not pay attention the the details .....this isn't about the healthy football player! It's about he healthy football player potentially carrying this virus for up to 14 day or maybe never showing and symptoms at all. And then this healthy football player visits his parents, grandparents, or maybe the children's hospital .......yeah ....there's is where the problem is!
Maybe the player should not visit grandparents or the children’s hospital.

no contact was about slowing the virus down and not flooding hospitals. That goal has been accomplished. The goal was never to eliminate the virus. We need a vaccine for that. A vaccine that may never happen. Life will have to go on and those at greatest risk need to take action to limit their chances at exposure.

How many athletes involved in Iowa Athletics experience hypertension, obesity, diabetes and are over the age of 60? I know there is a little more to it than this. However, it is your choice if you want to live in a cave and not come out. Is there risk? Sure. However, the alternative is to shut down the world and I don’t believe that will end well. Check out the number of lives the A1 (H1N1) Virus has claimed every year since 2009. You may be shocked.
All it will take is one athlete, one coach, one member of the support staff to contract the virus and the season is officially over..

Reactions: not_mantiteo
Maybe the player should not visit grandparents or the children’s hospital.

no contact was about slowing the virus down and not flooding hospitals. That goal has been accomplished. The goal was never to eliminate the virus. We need a vaccine for that. A vaccine that may never happen. Life will have to go on and those at greatest risk need to take action to limit their chances at exposure.
We are still short on ppe and still have folks denied testing.....the goal has NOT been accomplished lol. That's crazy talk!

All it will take is one athlete, one coach, one member of the support staff to contract the virus and the season is officially over..
Why? You isolate that individual and test the team and move on.

it’s impossible to stop the virus without a vaccine. Herd immunity might be the only hope. College kids have almost no chance of getting seriously sick from it.

Why? You isolate that individual and test the team and move on.

it’s impossible to stop the virus without a vaccine. Herd immunity might be the only hope. College kids have almost no chance of getting seriously sick from it.

The herd immunity method sure didn't work well in Sweden. They have substantially more cases and deaths than the other Nordic countries. And that's just the one case that I know about. I'm sure it's elsewhere too.

The herd immunity method sure didn't work well in Sweden. They have substantially more cases and deaths than the other Nordic countries. And that's just the one case that I know about. I'm sure it's elsewhere too.
It likely isn’t even the end of first quarter on this.

I wouldn’t declare winners and losers yet.

If there never is a vaccine all counties will end up like Sweden. Sweden will have done it much quicker without destroying their economy.

Right now I am sure the plan is no classes. No going downtown. They will eat, sleep, and practice at athletic facilities for at least the first month and evaluate the situation from there.

Reactions: ClarindaA's
So you're playing naked golf in Arizona? Pics of the ladies Tees please.

I also hope that happens. However, like Bruce's opinion, it is based on nothing other than hope and a desire for things to return to normal, not evidence or science. My hope to win the lottery and move to a Tuscan villa is similarly valid.

I also hope that happens. However, like Bruce's opinion, it is based on nothing other than hope and a desire for things to return to normal, not evidence or science. My hope to win the lottery and move to a Tuscan villa is similarly valid.
All you that want to hibernate for months and years, remember what this started out as. It wasn't to stop people from catching it, it was to not overwhelm the hospitals. Now some smaller hospitals in rural areas are closing due to losing money. And about the only place where hospitals are swamped is NYC and a few other towns in the area.

All you that want to hibernate for months and years, remember what this started out as. It wasn't to stop people from catching it, it was to not overwhelm the hospitals. Now some smaller hospitals in rural areas are closing due to losing money. And about the only place where hospitals are swamped is NYC and a few other towns in the area.

Pssssst. All I'm saying is that Bruce's "hope" will not make it so, thus no one should get their hopes up and read anything into his statement.

Reactions: dbrocket
Our politicians need to get them supplies,period,!!
No excuse to be using items too long and using expired items. Start getting them made here
..those are jobs worth sending folks to work for! Why don't i see all the economy whiners talking about that! Why isn't 3m ramping up in house production,?

Do you folks not see how much this stuff is spreading at places like the meat plants? You want everything to go back to 2019 at the flip of a switch, well dream on. Blame the government blame corporate America and blame China.....this is 2020 bud.

BTW it hasn't been years it's been weeks lmfao

Reactions: dbrocket
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT