ADVERTISEMENT

BTN Tournament Seeding/Results Predictions

Chalkdaddy94

All-Conference
Mar 19, 2011
Iowa City
Well since it’s looking like we won’t get any more dual meets in before Big Ten’s I guess it’s time to start looking forward to the next time we will get to see our Hawkeyes on the mat... What does everyone think our guys will be seeded? And how will they place?

125: Seeds don’t matter here. Lee cruises to a title.
1. Lee
2. Deaugustino
3. Cronin
4. Heinselman
5. Foley
6. Schroder
7. McKee
8. Howard (oh how I hope he is the 8 seed...)

133: I honestly think Desanto has a great shot to win this. Improved from last year and Micic’s health is a ?
1. RBY
2. Micic (apparently he is 50/50 to even wrestle, don’t know if he deserves the 2 seed but would probably get it based on his career)
3. Desanto
4. Alvarez
5. Cannon
6. Byrd

141: Huge to be on opposite side as Lee and Rivera. Picking Eierman to win this bracket as well.
1. Eierman
2. Lee
3. Rivera
4. Red Jr
5. Duncan

149: Love this draw for Murin. Loses to Sasso in the finals. Nervous about Bartlett if he gets the 7 seed.
1. Sasso
2. Murin
3. Storr
4. Carr
5. Thomas
6. Parriott
7. Rooks
8. Bartlett (this would be another fun 8 seed for PSU)

157: Kind of a tough draw for Young but I think he is capable of making the finals and then losing to Deakin.
1. Deakin
2. Young
3. Lee
4. Coleman
5. Berge
6. Lewan

165: Marinelli is a huge favorite here. Looking forward to him against the Amine/Lee winner.
1. The Bull
2. Braunagel
3. Smith
4. Amine
5. Lee
6. Sparks
7. Robb

174: Kemdawg is my pick to win it here. Tough weight for sure.
1. Kemerer
2. Labriola
3. Starocci
4. Massa
5. Romero
6. Washington

184: Very deep weight. Brooks will win it easily. If Brands shows up he has a good shot to finish in the top 4, if not he might get 8th or worse...
1. Brooks
2. Weiler
3. Malczewski
4. Webster
5. Braunagel
6. Brands
7. Venz
8. Lyon
9. Jordan

197: I hope Beard gets the 5 and not the 6 if Warner is the 3. Warner has the potential to win it but I don’t see him getting past Amine. I’ll pick Amine to win this weight.
1. Shultz
2. Amine
3. Warner
4. Caffey
5. Beard
6. Davison
7. Penola

HWT: Picking Steveson to win it and Cass to get 3rd. Another deep weight in the Big Ten.
1. Steveson
2. Parris
3. Big Cass
4. Nevills
5. Luffman
6. Lance
7. Hilger
8. Orndorff

Yeah I think that my pretty optimistic, but not unreasonable predictions would give us the title and the team in 2nd probably wouldn’t be that close to us points-wise.
Good I’m tired of the psu banter all over the place. They have this they have that. So what. Not the last two years and on top of that half of them weren’t psu fans until Cael got there. They didn’t even have a rivals page now there are so many of them. Like leeches. Makes me sick!!

Reactions: evashevsky58
Yeah I think that my pretty optimistic, but not unreasonable predictions would give us the title and the team in 2nd probably wouldn’t be that close to us points-wise.
That's pretty much the consensus, but I understand you're just looking to start a conversation.

It's all Iowa's to lose and everybody knows it. They don't shit the bed they get all the biggest trophies.

I think you have Penn State guys too high for seeding purposes (and I'm a Penn State fan). Howard, Bartlett and maybe even Beard will be hurt by missing matches. I expect each of them to out place their seeds.

125:
1. Lee
2. Cronin
3. Mckee
4. Heinselman
5. Foley
6. Schroder
7. DeAugustino
8.Ragusin Or Barnett
Howard 10 or 11

133:
1. RBY
2. Micic
3. Desanto
4. Alvarez
5. Cannon
6. Byrd
7. Decatur
8. Dryden

141:
1. Eierman
2. Lee
3. Rivera
4. Red Jr
5. Duncan
6. D'Emilio
7. Mattin
8. Polanco

149:
1. Sasso
2. Murin
3. Carr
4. Storr
5. Parriott
6. Blockhus
7. Thomas
8. Lovett

Bartlett 10

157:
1. Deakin
2. Young
3. Berge
4. Lee
5 Coleman
6. Lewan
7. Saldate
8. Model

165:
1. Marinelli
2. Braunagel
3. Smith
4. Sparks
5. Amine
6. Robb
7. J.Lee
8. South

174:
1. Kemerer
2. Labriola
3. Starocci
4. Massa
5. Romero
6. Washington
7. Allar
8. Turley

184:
1. Brooks
2. Weiler
3. Venz
4. Malczewski
5. Webster
6. Braunagel
7. Lyon
8. Brands

197:
1. Schultz
2. Amine
3. Warner
4. Caffey
5. Beard
6. Davison
7. Penola
8. Wroblewski

HWT:
1. Steveson
2. Parris
3. Cassioppi
4. Luffman
5. Lance
6. Hilger
7. S.Nevills
8. Orndorff

Last edited:
Reactions: Brian92
I think you have Penn State guys too high for seeding purposes (and I'm a Penn State fan). Howard, Bartlett and maybe even Beard will be hurt by missing matches. I expect each of them to out place their seeds.

125:
1. Lee
2. Cronin
3. Mckee
4. Heinselman
5. Foley
6. Schroder
7. DeAugustino
8.Ragusin Or Barnett
Howard 10 or 11

133:
1. RBY
2. Micic
3. Desanto
4. Alvarez
5. Cannon
6. Byrd
7. Decatur
8. Dryden

141:
1. Eierman
2. Lee
3. Rivera
4. Red Jr
5. Duncan
6. D'Emilio
7. Mattin
8. Polanco

149:
1. Sasso
2. Murin
3. Carr
4. Storr
5. Parriott
6. Blockhus
7. Thomas
8. Lovett

Bartlett 10

157:
1. Deakin
2. Young
3. Berge
4. Lee
5 Coleman
6. Lewan
7. Saldate
8. Model

165:
1. Marinelli
2. Braunagel
3. Smith
4. Sparks
5. Amine
6. Robb
7. J.Lee
8. South

174:
1. Kemerer
2. Labriola
3. Starocci
4. Massa
5. Romero
6. Washington
7. Allar
8. Turley

184:
1. Brooks
2. Weiler
3. Venz
4. Malczewski
5. Webster
6. Braunagel
7. Lyon
8. Brands

197:
1. Schultz
2. Amine
3. Warner
4. Caffey
5. Beard
6. Davison
7. Penola
8. Wroblewski

HWT:
1. Steveson
2. Parris
3. Cassioppi
4. Luffman
5. Lance
6. Hilger
7. S.Nevills
8. Orndorff

Yeah, I agree although I’m not a PSU fan. Howard and Bartlett may finish in the top 8 but they shouldn’t even be seeded in the top 10.

I also don’t think Micic is higher than than the 3 seed and I think Labriola gets the 1 seed at 174.

Well since it’s looking like we won’t get any more dual meets in before Big Ten’s I guess it’s time to start looking forward to the next time we will get to see our Hawkeyes on the mat... What does everyone think our guys will be seeded? And how will they place?

1. Lee
2. Deaugustino
3. Cronin
4. Heinselman
5. Foley
6. Schroder
7. McKee

133: I honestly think Desanto has a great shot to win this. Improved from last year and Micic’s health is a ?
1. RBY
2. Micic (apparently he is 50/50 to even wrestle, don’t know if he deserves the 2 seed but would probably get it based on his career)
3. Desanto
4. Alvarez
5. Cannon
6. Byrd

141: Huge to be on opposite side as Lee and Rivera. Picking Eierman to win this bracket as well.
1. Eierman
2. Lee
3. Rivera
4. Red Jr
5. Duncan

149: Love this draw for Murin. Loses to Sasso in the finals. Nervous about Bartlett if he gets the 7 seed.
1. Sasso
2. Murin
3. Storr
4. Carr
5. Thomas
6. Parriott
7. Rooks

157: Kind of a tough draw for Young but I think he is capable of making the finals and then losing to Deakin.
1. Deakin
2. Young
3. Lee
4. Coleman
5. Berge
6. Lewan

165: Marinelli is a huge favorite here. Looking forward to him against the Amine/Lee winner.
1. The Bull
2. Braunagel
3. Smith
4. Amine
5. Lee
6. Sparks
7. Robb

1. Kemerer
2. Labriola
3. Starocci
4. Massa
5. Romero
6. Washington

184: Very deep weight. Brooks will win it easily. If Brands shows up he has a good shot to finish in the top 4, if not he might get 8th or worse...
1. Brooks
2. Weiler
3. Malczewski
4. Webster
5. Braunagel
6. Brands
7. Venz
8. Lyon
9. Jordan

197: I hope Beard gets the 5 and not the 6 if Warner is the 3. Warner has the potential to win it but I don’t see him getting past Amine. I’ll pick Amine to win this weight.
1. Shultz
2. Amine
3. Warner
4. Caffey
5. Beard
6. Davison
7. Penola

HWT: Picking Steveson to win it and Cass to get 3rd. Another deep weight in the Big Ten.
1. Steveson
2. Parris
3. Big Cass
4. Nevills
5. Luffman
6. Lance
7. Hilger
8. Orndorff

Carr is at 157, not 149

Yeah, I agree although I’m not a PSU fan. Howard and Bartlett may finish in the top 8 but they shouldn’t even be seeded in the top 10.

I also don’t think Micic is higher than than the 3 seed and I think Labriola gets the 1 seed at 174.
This... completely agree with you. Labs will be the 1 at 74 and Micic will not be higher than 3 if he goes.

Kemerer is a lock for the 1 seed to me. He beat Labriola last year which is taken into account for seeding if they don’t meet this year. No way they don’t give Kemerer the 1 seed!

This... completely agree with you. Labs will be the 1 at 74 and Micic will not be higher than 3 if he goes.
Yeah good point about the PSU guys. I guess I was thinking more about their potential, but you might be right about me putting them too high. I was pretty impressed with Bartlett’s match against Sasso. He looks like he could go with all the other guys at 149 to me.

Agree that Micic in the top 2 is too high, but again he might get the benefit of the doubt due to his solid career.

Idk how you can seed Micic with 0 matches this year. Did they change seeding criteria? I didn't think they counted past results.

Kemerer is a lock for the 1 seed to me. He beat Labriola last year which is taken into account for seeding if they don’t meet this year. No way they don’t give Kemerer the 1 seed!

I wouldn’t be surprised either way but Kemerer is by no means a lock IMO since Labriola is also undefeated and Kemerer didn’t wrestle against Nebraska.

Idk how you can seed Micic with 0 matches this year. Did they change seeding criteria? I didn't think they counted past results.

I don’t think there is any criteria for B10’s, just a good ole fashioned coaches seeding meeting I believe

Reactions: nearfall2
I wouldn’t be surprised either way but Kemerer is by no means a lock IMO since Labriola is also undefeated and Kemerer didn’t wrestle against Nebraska.

This is kemerers year. No stopping him. I hope he gets the 2 seed just to put starrocci down

Reactions: IRONBIRD
If this should happen, the good news is Kemerer is the strong favorite no matter where he lands.

As for DeSanto, he has all along likely had to beat RBY and Micic anyway if he wants to win Big Tens, the mystery is in what order that could occur.

Reactions: el dub
Not true. Coaches have demonstrated they are penalizing guys for not competing. Iowa wrestled Nebraska this year. Labs stepped out on the mat and Kem did not.
I agree. He didn’t step on the mat. Makes it better when kem beats starrocci first then labs who he beat easily last Year!!!

1. Lee
2. Deaugustino
3. Cronin
4. Heinselman
5. Foley
6. Schroder
7. McKee

1. RBY
3. Desanto
4. Alvarez
5. Cannon
6. Byrd

1. Eierman
2. Lee
3. Rivera
4. Red Jr
5. Duncan

1. Sasso
2. Murin
3. Storr
4. Carr
5. Thomas
6. Parriott
7. Rooks

1. Deakin
2. Young
3. Lee
4. Coleman
5. Berge
6. Lewan

1. The Bull
2. Braunagel
3. Smith
4. Amine
5. Lee
6. Sparks
7. Robb

1. Kemerer
2. Labriola
3. Starocci
4. Massa
5. Romero
6. Washington

1. Brooks
2. Weiler
3. Malczewski
4. Webster
5. Braunagel
6. Brands
7. Venz
8. Lyon
9. Jordan

1. Shultz
2. Amine
3. Warner
4. Caffey
5. Beard
6. Davison
7. Penola

1. Steveson
2. Parris
3. Big Cass
4. Nevills
5. Luffman
6. Lance
7. Hilger
8. Orndorff
Nice thread ,son....😜

Reactions: el dub
Have watched Starocci twice and he’s a tough dude. He will challenge everyone he wrestles
He’s a tough out but he’s also a staller. As Willie would say, “don’t @ me on that.” But he is. Tries to steal it late and relies on his conditioning too much. Reminds me of an okie state wrestler I know. Not to say carter isn’t good. He is but he didn’t even beat Shannon this year lol. He was 18-0 last year beating some studs as a true frosh so maybe there’s something there that’s undisclosed but he wrestles for psu so losing to dj Shannon makes him a bum and a staller. He really has been stalling though. That’s all.

Reactions: Muscles1989
He’s a tough out but he’s also a staller. As Willie would say, “don’t @ me on that.” But he is. Tries to steal it late and relies on his conditioning too much. Reminds me of an okie state wrestler I know. Not to say carter isn’t good. He is but he didn’t even beat Shannon this year lol. He was 18-0 last year beating some studs as a true frosh so maybe there’s something there that’s undisclosed but he wrestles for psu so losing to dj Shannon makes him a bum and a staller. He really has been stalling though. That’s all.
Who lost to Shannon? Starocci lost to Donnell Washington. The same guy that put Labriola on his back.

Reactions: Jrjt0518
Bottom line is like I said a week ago. Starrocci has never beaten Dustin plott from okie st. !! It was high school but some things don’t change. He’s beaten massa and Romero. Romero has never Aa’d until his status last year and massa is a blown up aa from 165 three years ago. He can lose to plott O’Malley Hastings Romero from the other school massa and Romero from Ohio st. Time will tell soon.

Bottom line is like I said a week ago. Starrocci has never beaten Dustin plott from okie st. !! It was high school but some things don’t change. He’s beaten massa and Romero. Romero has never Aa’d until his status last year and massa is a blown up aa from 165 three years ago. He can lose to plott O’Malley Hastings Romero from the other school massa and Romero from Ohio st. Time will tell soon.
Idk, things haven't really been looking up for Plott. His shoulder pops out every match and he's lost his last two to guys not even close to Starocci's level.

If you're hoping other guys beat Starocci before he gets to Kem, I think you're setting yourself up for disappointment.

Reactions: Jrjt0518
Idk, things haven't really been looking up for Plott. His shoulder pops out every match and he's lost his last two to guys not even close to Starocci's level.

If you're hoping other guys beat Starocci before he gets to Kem, I think you're setting yourself up for disappointment.
Not at all I hope kem gets the 2nd seed just to prove a point. But starrocci hasn’t ever beaten plott and Hastings is one of the ones that beat plott. Get my grift?? Kemerer smokes starrocci is what I’m saying.

I’d put money on it to wfl or the Hawkeye wrestling club. Kem -3 all day!! Who wants its?

Absolutely, that’s exactly what I was thinking when I watch him. He may have the skills but he sits back and tries to steal a win. Kem won’t let that happen.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT