ADVERTISEMENT

BTN Tournament Seeding/Results Predictions

Has Eirman wrestled Nick Lee before? Nick Lee can be a very tough match the first time against him. I can actually see a scenario where Lee beats Eirman at Big Tens and them Eirman beating him at Nationals and winning the National Championship... Similar to Spencer Lee his first year losing to Tomasello at Big Tens and then Lee beating him at NCAA's...

Micic at 3 is probably right. At 2, it would put the pressure on him to need to win to get in. The problem is if you make him the 14 then he gets Alvarez, which punishes the 3 seed.
As you point out, a #1 or #2 seed would put Micic/UM coaches in an interesting position since he would get an opening round bye. If he wins B10, no problem. If he finishes 2nd, he does not go to NCAA because he only has 3 matches. If he finishes 3rd through 7th, he goes to NCAAs because he will have wrestled 4 or more matches at B10s and there are 7 pre-allocations. Correct?

Reactions: jrod65
Has Eirman wrestled Nick Lee before? Nick Lee can be a very tough match the first time against him. I can actually see a scenario where Lee beats Eirman at Big Tens and them Eirman beating him at Nationals and winning the National Championship... Similar to Spencer Lee his first year losing to Tomasello at Big Tens and then Lee beating him at NCAA's...
Yes 12-4 winner for Eierman

They wrestled at ncaa’s 2 or 3 yrs ago. Eier man majored him. Then they wrestled last summer in free and lee won

Eierman beat him at nationals that year when Lee was a freshman I blieve, but Lee just beat him recently in Freestyle at us open. dont think it was close either. FWIW
I’m aware. 10-6 Lee. It was 8-6 and Lee scored on an Eierman shot late. Scrambling is different in folkstyle and also top/bottom is different.

Kemerer also lost to Tommy Gantt in freestyle. How do you think that goes in folk?

I don't know how they will seed everyone, but when you look at the Hawks lineup I think we have 5 in the finals on the low side and 8 on the high side. This would not include Cass as I don't think he gets by Paris, but finishes 3rd. 133 and 197 will have to wrestle very tough semi's matches, but are both capable of winning them. If anyone on the team finishes worse than 4th I would be disappointed as they would wrestle below their seed other than Brands and he needs to finish top 4 to improve his NCAA seed. The layoff for a month before B10's has me a little nervous that we will be rusty, but maybe we will just be fresh and ready to go as well. 7 in the top 2 and the other 3 top 4 would be a great tourney IMO and set us up very well for NCAA's.

2019 Sr. Nats freestyle match:

2018 NCAAs scoring sequence highlights(Paywall)

Wow well from that match it sure looked like Lee had an advantage from the feet (4-1 in terms of number of folk style takedowns in that match).

Eierman obviously can’t do a lot of his funk defense in freestyle so I’m not sure how much we can take away from this match. Also riding ability will obviously be a way bigger factor in folk style. Very interesting for sure. Not sure what to make of this in terms of what it means for how their match will play out in folk style?

Wow well from that match it sure looked like Lee had an advantage from the feet (4-1 in terms of number of folk style takedowns in that match).

Eierman obviously can’t do a lot of his funk defense in freestyle so I’m not sure how much we can take away from this match. Also riding ability will obviously be a way bigger factor in folk style. Very interesting for sure. Not sure what to make of this in terms of what it means for how their match will play out in folk style?
Fwiw, I don't think Eierman looked very good that entire tournament. We basically have two one-sided, but opposite results. I don't think anybody can say confidently what will happen in this match, assuming it eventually happens.

Reactions: Grip220
Fwiw, I don't think Eierman looked very good that entire tournament. We basically have two one-sided, but opposite results. I don't think anybody can say confidently what will happen in this match, assuming it eventually happens.
No I agree, it’s a toss up match at this point (based on past results). The Eierman major was also 3 full years ago so I wouldn’t put too much stock in that. Nick Lee has obviously improved a lot since he was a freshman. It was a little concerning to see Eierman get taken down so much in that freestyle match, but like you said he didn’t have a good tournament and also it’s not folkstyle...

No I agree, it’s a toss up match at this point (based on past results). The Eierman major was also 3 full years ago so I wouldn’t put too much stock in that. Nick Lee has obviously improved a lot since he was a freshman. It was a little concerning to see Eierman get taken down so much in that freestyle match, but like you said he didn’t have a good tournament and also it’s not folkstyle...
Just like Eierman told the Cuban from fOSU "it's a different sport bro".

Then he proceeded to stick his ass to prove his point. Point taken I would say.

Who lost to Shannon? Starocci lost to Donnell Washington. The same guy that put Labriola on his back.
That’s who I was thinking of. Washington. I don’t know much about the guy but he did beat carter, right? The kid is good. Really good but he has a bad loss and I don’t like his style. I’m more impressed with the way Howard has wrestled than starocci. Howard doesn’t have the same results but there’s a lot to work with there. Carter looks worse than last year, IMO. He’s slightly better than berge but damn they’re boring to watch. I don’t want to hear a psu fan talk about Iowa wrestlers being boring and beating on the head. Go watch those two wrestle and you’ll need a couple beers and have to ask tough questions about your life afterward.

Reactions: 24 so far
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT