ADVERTISEMENT

Cade, after the 1st Quarter: 5-18 (28%), 27 Yards, 2 INTs. Kirk, postgame, on where the QB room stands: “We expect Cade to be our QB.”

Kirk is great in a lot of ways. But dear god he awful at motivating the qbs on the roster. The backups have to be terribly insulted after hearing KF says this. At least give the tape a watch before declaring that awful performance doesn’t merit giving someone else a chance.

Cade had a gift in an amazing running game and still couldn’t even perform at game manager level. There’s literally no benefit for handcuffing the team to someone that let down the entire organization.

Kirk is great in a lot of ways. But dear god he awful at motivating the qbs on the roster. The backups have to be terribly insulted after hearing KF says this. At least give the tape a watch before declaring that awful performance doesn’t merit giving someone else a chance.

Cade had a gift in an amazing running game and still couldn’t even perform at game manager level. There’s literally no benefit for handcuffing the team to someone that let down the entire organization.

Hopefully he didn't say "what's the upside."

I disagree. This is a BAD loss.

full text of the tweet:

I’m not going to blame the decision to go for 2 (had they gotten it Iowa State would’ve had to score a TD on final drive and even if you kick PAT Cyclones still would’ve sent it to OT).

I’m not going to blame the D (outside of Ohio State this was the next best combo on QB/WRs Iowa will face). There’s only so much you can do against players like that.

I mostly blame the fact that Iowa threw it more than they ran it in the first 35 mins of the game (20 throws, 17 runs) when they were GASHING Iowa State. They threw it 4x from inside ISU 5 over 2 diff possessions and Cade was 1-4 for negative yardage and Iowa settled for FGs. Iowa should’ve been up far more than 13-0.

Not a bad loss because Iowa State is good. It’s just an inexcusable loss considering the circumstances.

The Iowa Offense Today:

............................1st......2nd....3rd....4th
...........................Qtr......Qtr.....Qtr....Qtr......TOTAL
1st Downs........7............3........3.........3..............16
3rd Down......2-4.......1-5........1-2.....2-6........6-17
3rd Down....50%....20%....50%...33%......35%
Passing.........8-11......2-8......1-3.......2-7......13-29
Pass %.........72%.....25%....33%...29%.......45%
Pass Yds.........72.........8.........6.........13...........99
Rushes.............7..........10........8.........13...........38
Rush Yds.........41........75.......76........12.........204
Per Carry.......5.9.......7.5......9.5......0.9..........5.4
Total Yds........113......83........82......25.........303
Points...............7...........6...........6........0...........19
Time of Possession...................................29:50

I was right.

Reactions: Stoopsbrother
The Iowa Offense Today:

............................1st......2nd....3rd....4th
...........................Qtr......Qtr.....Qtr....Qtr......TOTAL
1st Downs........7............3........3.........3..............16
3rd Down......2-4.......1-5........1-2.....2-6........6-17
3rd Down....50%....20%....50%...33%......35%
Passing.........8-11......2-8......1-3.......2-7......13-29
Pass %.........72%.....25%....33%...29%.......45%
Pass Yds.........72.........8.........6.........13...........99
Rushes.............7..........10........8.........13...........38
Rush Yds.........41........75.......76........12.........204
Per Carry.......5.9.......7.5......9.5......0.9..........5.4
Total Yds........113......83........82......25.........303
Points...............7...........6...........6........0...........19
Time of Possession...................................29:50
Those numbers make Deacon Hill look attractive.

Kirk digs his heels in even further as we know.
He’s had how many years to get this offense fixed and it never gets better. The run game is only going to get tougher from here on out, who will show any respect for this shit show of a passing game?

I can only assume that KF doesn’t think that there’s anything wrong with the offense. Nothing will change offensively until he’s gone.

dancing-kid.gif

He’s had how many years to get this offense fixed and it never gets better. The run game is only going to get tougher from here on out, who will show any respect for this shit show of a passing game?

I can only assume that KF doesn’t think that there’s anything wrong with the offense. Nothing will change offensively until he’s gone.

the offense continues to hold us back from reaching goals

It’s no longer a coincidence Iowa’s QBs have sucked for years now. I believe Kirk sucks the joy and confidence out of his QBs by making their games about not making mistakes.

If you were on offense and your coach goes into clam shell mode after scoring just 16 points with an entire second half to play, you probably would think the coach doesn’t have any confidence in you.

Last edited:
It’s no longer a coincidence Iowa’s QBs have sucked for years now. I believe Kirk sucks the joy and confidence out of his QBs by making their games about not making a mistakes.

If you were on offense and your coach goes into clam shell mode after scoring just 16 points with an entire second half to play, you probably would think the coach doesn’t have any confidence in you.

At least Lester has rebuilt the QB room and we have a competent QB2 (who might soon be QB1)

Brendan Sullivan >>> Deacon Hill

If you’ve got a guy “still working his way back” and is not fully healthy, you don’t play him in these games.

Hey guys…..all of you…Kirk thinks we’re dumb. He’s trying to play us into his excuses for poor decision-making.

makes you wonder if Sullivan will be given a shot against Troy; the following week is at Minnesota; then a bye week before at Ohio State

Does Cade get more time or does the staff move on to Sullivan?

The Troy game needs to be a tune up for QB1, whoever that is; the Minnesota game suddenly worries me. And the Ohio State game could be really ugly if they don't get this thing fixed.

Iowa's (1-1) remaining schedule:

• vs. Troy, September 14, 2024
  • at Minnesota, September 21, 2024
............................Sep 28 BYE.............................................
  • at Ohio State, October 5, 2024
  • vs. Washington, October 12, 2024
  • at Michigan State, October 19, 2024
  • vs. Northwestern, October 26, 2024
  • vs. Wisconsin, November 2, 2024
  • at UCLA, November 8, 2024
............................Nov 16 BYE.............................................
  • at Maryland, November 23, 2024
  • vs. Nebraska, November 29, 2024

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT